It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solar Twitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A planet will move slightly out of alignment, this will move the moon closer to Earth, the gravitational pull will cause weather anomalies

It will not be the end of the world and it may not happen in 2012

I'm just relating what I was told many years ago.

Remember the title of my thread....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hi BMT, I don't suppose you would care to elaborate on your post?

It seems a little vague and cryptic.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized
Hi BMT, I don't suppose you would care to elaborate on your post?

It seems a little vague and cryptic.

Hello my friend , When I get more detail I will tell you. All I know is " Solar Twitch" will be the name.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
A Solar 'Twitch' ..huh ?
Do elaborate as BMT had mentioned.

You mention a planet will deviate off course - Which one - dude ?

Ours ?
From what you have written I'll assume you mean Earth
So, Earth will deviate from its normal orbit, but the moon will not move correspondingly, thus reducing the distance between the Earth and its natural satellite, the moon. Due to this the gravity exerted by the moon towards Earth will increase, thereby causing 'weather anomalies'.

These 'anomalies ' will include (but not be limited to) tidal shifts in the planets Ocean Currents, which in turn will have an impact on the major ocean currents (E.g - The Gulf stream, the N.Equatorial current, the Kuroshio current etc). Any changes in ocean currents could bring a lot of devastation which was highlighted in the movie 'The day after tomorrow '.

Am I right ?

Do tell me if this is what you mean to imply..

Anyway, I have thought about this before and there is a theory as to what 'may' happen if the distance between the earth & its moon changes even minutely - but I'm not able to recollect where I'd read about it. I'll try to find it later & post it. However there are two big problems about this theory. One, Just what will cause this 'deviation' in the Earth's orbit and
Two, pardon the pun, but what in the world does 2012 have to do with
it..?

You may find the couple of links above useful in understanding ocean dynamics and current..er.. current systems. Interesting line of thought though. Seems much more plausible than the 'Pole Shift Theory'.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have heard that the distance between the Earth and the Moon is constantly increasing actually. And that millions of years ago it was much closer, thus having more of a gravitational effect as well as appearing much larger in the sky. Maybe I'll look for the article I originally read, I think it was somewhere on Nasa's site, but it went intp more detail. It was interesting like that a million years ago the moon appeared like 5 times larger in the sky because it was that much closer. Anyway interesting stuff and yes it means that eventually they assume the moon will just fall out of orbit with the earth. This of course does not take into account any such solar twitch or whatever. Just thought it was interesting fact as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Yes, the moon is moving away from the Earth, (38mm per year), this means that eventually there will be no more total lunar eclipses because the moon will appear too small to cover the sun.

Earths rotation is slowing (17usec per year) because its energy is transferring to the moon.

You can read all about it here...Moon Orbit

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That concept is something you read a few years ago? Hmm, now that’s interesting, because that exact same concept has been talked about here on ATS… as a matter a fact that story is on this exact same 2012 page… But here let me make it easy for you to find… click on this link to 2012: Should We Be Very, Very Afraid!!?

Just trying to be helpful! But I don't know if I like my theory being called a Solar Twitch... ‘A Solar Hiccup’, sounds much better if you ask me... (I crack myself up!)

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 15-11-2009 by littlebunny]

top topics

join