It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Al Qaeda Practicing in Denver?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Is this recent news story, combined with the understanding that Al Qaeda cells are operating in Denver an indication that an imminent chemical or bio attack is coming to Denver? Is Al Qaeda testing their weapon?

P olice investigating woman's death after she was pricked by something at Coors Field

"Nancy Short, 69, filed a police report saying as she was leaving the Rockies game against the Florida Marlins on April 28 when she felt a pinch or prick on her backside."

""Whether it was intentional or unintentional, she did receive an injury which led to her death," Denver police detective Virginia Lopez told the Denver Post."

Does anyone have any ideas what the mysterious agent might be? Maybe ricin?

Ricin Info

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Nerdling]

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by chaosrain]

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
WHOA!!!!!!!!!

I would not even take a guess as to what that substace was.

Think about it for half a minute though...what if you were a terrorist with a bb-gun and poison tipped darts......?????

Good grief.

"A spokesman for the Colorado Rockies told the Denver Post that there haven't been any similar incidents at the baseball park."
Whew so at least it is safe to attend games in the future....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
that is one strange story....surprised medical examiners haven't said exactly what the cause of death is yet.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This one is scary! It wouldn't surprise be a bit if we never hear what the agent was. Could it be terrorists? Sure. But more likely some wacko like the DC sniper or the Ohio sniper or any of a number of serial killers.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow. Another interesting unexplained story. I will be extremely surprised if anything else is ever heard about this. This to me seems like a prime candidate for the "interesting stories that are never heard from again" by the mainstream media. If anyone's in the Denver area, please keep us posted.

On a side note: does anyone else remember something like this happening in the 80's? I distinctly remember hearing stories of people that would accidentally bump into people at malls, sporting events, etc and inject them with something. Maybe its just an urban legand because I can't find anything on it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
in Colorado to a weekend of fun in Kremmling Colorado. They won't be a problem after there visit.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thinking about stories that are pretty scary but quickly fade away, remember the"bank robber", I believe in PA, that had a collar bomb put on him. The poor guy died but I haven't heard of any updates. Anyone out that way know more about it?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
According to the Denver Post, now that the cops have 'finished' their investigation, here's what we've got:

" "What we do know it that the type of bacterium that Nancy contracted was not unusual," Lopez added, "and coupled with the health issues that the victim also had which affected her immune system, this more than likely caused the infection to become increasingly worse, ultimately resulting in the woman's death.""

Guess it's a non-issue now...hopefully.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Thinking about stories that are pretty scary but quickly fade away, remember the"bank robber", I believe in PA, that had a collar bomb put on him. The poor guy died but I haven't heard of any updates. Anyone out that way know more about it?

All the updates are posted here:

Collar Bomb

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
an oldie but goodie. Remember the Bulgarian Defector Assasinated in London (scroll down to "Man with an Umbrella"

The circumstances sound identical. Could it have been a test run?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anyone read Tom Clancy's "The Teeth of the Tiger"? Pretty similar, except the poison they used took effect in under a minute.

If this was terrorist related, I would think the test run would be for the effectiveness of whatever it was they injected, not the method of delivery.

(edit for spelling)

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by FiberOptik]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's a shame an autopsy wasn't performed. I understand it is up to the family in most cases, but I know if it were my family member I would want a closer look.

new topics

top topics

join