It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch drivers to pay tax on road time, not on car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

This is so obviously the New World Order taking shape and shaping the world.

They are calling it a 'green' thing -- brainwashing.
They are claiming to help the environment -- but which environment are they speaking of? Theirs? Yours?

This is hideous. The Dutch are going to be priced out of their personal automobiles and corralled into commie public transport. The government is going to alter the youth's mindset until nobody wants to even own a private vehicle anymore!

The government is going to see to it that the people can't drive wherever they want, whenever they want. They will use ''price'' to determine behavior.

If they really wanted to tax use, and use only, they would simply add a gasoline tax. The more gas you buy, the more you pay. The tax could be used to ''help'' the environment.

But no. They aren't concerned about people simply using their private automobiles and polluting the elite's road space. The government wants to slip in the mandatory GPS tracking unit in new cars. They'll watch everywhere you drive, until they desire to keep you out, and then they'll crank up the price for that particular location at that particular time on that particular day. They'll automatically deduct from your account when you violate the driving laws.

I can't believe this is happening. It is absolutely giving away so much freedom in the name of 'green' environmentalism. It is insidious!

This is like taking away a man's horse. They want your gun. They want your car. They want your vital organs!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Just a quick question : how does our tax on gas prises help the enviroment ? the socalled 'poison' is still in the atmosphere, it dont go away if I would be paying overprise for the Gas and/or the car it self.

The money dont go to new technologies, as I believe they had the 'green car' back in the 80's, I see NO reason for why we dont have it out in the public.

Ohh, money, they want to take all the money they can on the Carbon taxes, screw the world, we make money on oil and we make the sheep pay for the damages also..

Dont get me wrong, I am all for a clean and pure atmosphere, but important facts are left out in this debate: the trees love co2, they have a party with it, and in return, they give us alot of nifty oxygen..

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just another tax on the working class, cause the rich cats either don't have to drive to work everyday or they have so much it doesn't matter. For the working class you either pay more of your wages to get to work or you ride the bus like a good worker bee.

Here in Washington we pay the 2nd highest gas tax in the nation plus we pay yearly license fees. I think it's only a matter of time before we all have to have state GPS's that charge us per mile traveled with higher fees during rush hour.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Just another tax on the working class, cause the rich cats either don't have to drive to work everyday or they have so much it doesn't matter. For the working class you either pay more of your wages to get to work or you ride the bus like a good worker bee.

Here in Washington we pay the 2nd highest gas tax in the nation plus we pay yearly license fees. I think it's only a matter of time before we all have to have state GPS's that charge us per mile traveled with higher fees during rush hour.

I cant wait till the Copenhage treaty is signed, it means bye bye privliges such as driving your car..

And this will be this way because 'we the sheeple' ain't standing up, they have indoctrinated to believe 'we the sheeple' have ruined the planet by farting and driving the car.

Completely shutting up about the external forces impacting earth and that the sun and gamma rays impact all the planets...

Just wait, when they go public with the 'discovery of a small amount of atmosphere on the moon' 'we the sheeple' will get slapped with a Carbon Tax on the spaceshuttle as it is being done in the name of humanity, and we must contribute paying for the co2 the space shuttle release on the trips to the Moon... Just to add 'paranoia' to the debate..

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It can take me anything up to 1hr 30 mins to travel 26 miles in the morning, I'm sure many share the same stop-start-stop commute. And by the time I get in I'm mentally frazzled.

So my employers have introduced a flexible working scheme. Instead of us doing the 9-5, we can choose to work our 8 hours anywhere between 6am and 8pm.

But that simple change is allowing me to drive in after the rush hour and to stay late. Last week it saved me about 1/3 of my weekly fuel bill. And my commute's dropped down to as little as 30 minutes.

I'd welcome a new taxation scheme like this. It'd save me money !

(But I still don't entirely buy man made climate change ... )

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The car from the 80's I think you are refering to

www.ev1.org...

Lets face it oil,petrol prices have never been about the enviroment just revenue collection.

I started driving in 1996 at the time it was around 45pence per litre in the UK now it is at 106pence per litre almost all of that increase has been down to taxes and I very much doubt most of it has gone to helping with emmisions.

In the UK we pay both VAT and fuel duty on petrol and desil and we pay road tax this is meant to be used to keep the roads in good condition ect but that does seem to be happening here in Scotland.

You can also bet your last pound/dollar that if any scheme comes in to charge per mile or the price of fuel goes way up polititions will vote themselve excempt from the tax or have a bigger fuel allowance.

Already polititions get paid to drive to there CHOSSEN place of work, they dont pay the congestion charges and I very much doubt they have any parking charges.

Yet I am forced to put out more and more of my income to pay all these charges to travel to work.

I am all for helping the environment but surely theres a better way to do it than taxing people off the roads.

Of course nowadays most people need to travel to work so there an easy target.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Wow, the design was just a winner. haha..
Yea, money rules, and they are pushing us into an economic slave state with this huge 'man mande GW' thing, verified by Al Gore, the climate expert, I heard Al Gore is out in the field every day gathering data on the religion hes preaching...

[edit on 14/11/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Yes yes you're right. The ''money'' is a red herring. It is a distraction. The idea that you'll pay some money and ''help'' the environment is silly.

It is not about money.

It is about preventing you from freely moving about. It is about controlling you and restricting you. It is about taking away your vehicle by pricing you out of it. The elite do not want the streets clogged with low class losers. The elite don't care about you. They don't care about the environment hoax. They just want to squash you down and free up the roads so they can travel quickly in their luxury vehicles and they don't care a bit about fuel consumption.

Here in my state, the local electric company sends out pamphlets with the monthly bills. They print up a nice little thing about helping and being responsible and all that. It is garbage. At the end of it, they say you can get involved and you can help change America and you can save the environment, and you know what they ask you to do...??? They ask you to send money. They ask for a ''donation'' to help keep the state clean and green. LOL!!!! It is PATHETIC. Like paying more can help the environment. They don't want the money. They just want to control you and ALTER your thoughts. They know you won't send in money, you'll just pay your monthly electric bill and go to sleep feeling like you should have done more. Guilt is what eats away at people and makes them change. Next thing you know.... you're buying expensive light bulbs to ''save money''! It is total bull, and they slowly alter your consciousness with it. You'll think ''I didn't donate. I'm heartless. Global Warming is upon us!! Please help me, Government!''

Most importantly they want your children to have altered thoughts. Haven't you noticed how the youth is being told that the adults are dumb?

Taking away a man's ability to freely move about is extreme. The world is going to break down into massive civil warfare if the governments are not careful.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Being a keen "cycle to work scheme" person this does not really effect my situation, the less cars the better IMO, surly this is all about keeping cars in their driveways and people using public transport thus saving our dwindling oil supplies, So we are not held to ransom by the middle east oil tycoons (Taliban??)
And i suppose with the recession still impacting on most people and the car manufacturing industry at rock bottom and unlikely to reach its peak again it makes more sense to be on public transport, IMO

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

That's cool. You bike all you want. No problem.

But shrinking back and doing less is not the answer. We should be driving around and spreading the capitalist tokens around. People need to feel free to move about and spend and socialize with their friends and see the country and go shopping. That is what it is all about. The more we move around and spend, then more jobs we sustain for others. If we all just stopped using automobiles what would happen to the automobile support industry? Public shared transport is garbage. I really do not want commie type life. I want capitalist freedom.

top topics

join