It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

installation of an update section within threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Certain threads are just to large to try and grapple, if new to them. Like this thread about the Ukrainian fever www.abovetopsecret.com... currently 170pgs long. Or this one about the cave complex under Giza www.abovetopsecret.com... currently 39 pgs long.

I have seen on other forums where information is shared in a wiki underneath the first post where either anyone or those with a certain permission level can use to update on the latest developments or information about the topic at hand. Thus helping make new posts relevant to where the thread is and allowing people to stay with the developments.

For example like here www.fatwallet.com... or here slickdeals.net...

This would really help newcomers to get a grasp on where the topic is. I think this will cause many more individuals to contribute to certain topics without feeling overwhelmed, or having to make a commitment of several hours browsing through dozens upon dozens of pages. Plus I am positive it will help make each comment pertain much better to the topic.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I say either that, or make it so the first post in every thread can be edited past the expiration. I've found this to be an issue.

join