It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

documentary: the west lothian question

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
news link

Anniversary of "West Lothian Question" UFO mystery
Nov 12 2009 by Debbie Hall, West Lothian Courier

IT IS an X-File that remains unsolved and still fascinates UFO enthusiasts all over the world.

This week saw the anniversary of one the planet’s most intriguing UFO mysteries – that happened right here in West Lothian.

He didn’t see little green men exactly, but 30 years ago forester Bob Taylor had a remarkable encounter with a UFO at Dechmont Law in Livingston.

Experts say it is the only one ever to have left tangible and recorded evidence, has been verified by the authorities and was the subject of a full police investigation.

I don't think the video documentary was posted yet

I could've sworn this happened in a street. Am I thinking of a different encounter?

acrid smell? does that guy mean sulfur? brimstone? this odor turns up repeatedly in encounters. are demons of religions just aliens? or is it the other way around?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Excellent vid!

Knew about the case, but had never seen this.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, Reject, Mr. Taylor and his neighbors and countrymen all sound to me to be about the most credible bunch we could hope for. The testimony was sound, the investigations thorough, the expert opinions (astronomer, policeman, medical Dr., etc.) quite authentic and believable.

The only character in this video I had a problem with was the skeptic. I usually like to listen to what the skeptic side has to say because they often are good at exposing holes and thus giving us the opportunity to eliminate the null hypotheses. Not in this case. This skeptic, though clearly intelligent and well-read, obviously was way off in his conclusions, and the other professionals (police investigator, astronomer, etc.) fif a good job of quietly but steadily and utterly shooting the skeptics awful theories full of holes.

Thanks for posting! It's always refreshing to see a new case (or an old one presented in a new way).

Good job...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Cant wait to get home and watch this. Its the first i have heard about it so lets see what we see.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
bever heard of this case. S+F 4 U

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I must agree 100% with your observation regarding the skeptic and his "theory" I myself like to hear both sides of the argument to make sure im getting as much impartial information as possible. But the utter ridiculousness of his theories made me laugh out loud. FIRST we are to believe that the marks on the ground were a result of construction material that was stored there and then removed. Then we are to believe the witness suffered a once in a lifetime epileptic fit (something he has never experienced before or since) which resulted in his pants being torn in a very precise manner. WHICH WAS ALL CAUSED BY A HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION OF VENUS. what the F$%K??? are you serious? is this guy an idiot? The probability of all those things happening in exactly that way are so remote that i cant believe this guy thinks this is the most rational explanation. Whats he smoking?

IF ANYTHING a UFO with robotic probes makes more sense than this nut jobs explanation of that days events. God bless some skeptics but they do keep me entertained.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thank you. I have never heard of this case before and I usually keep pretty up to date on these kind of things.
I do wonder what happened in those missing 20 minutes.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by johnthejedi24]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The Bob Taylor event is possibly one of the best UFO case there is. It was investigated by the police and forensics and as the policeman stated, the case is still not closed, as nobody was ever convicted of the assault. It seems from this video that the police actually do believe his story too! Asked about the culprits at the end the ex-officer looks upwards ans says quite seriously "I think he (the culprit) has flown....somewhere! At that time the UK was in the middle of a huge UFO wave including other well documented sightings and close encounters. Most notably police officer Alan Godfrey in 1980 and Mrs Jean Hingley shortly after the case of Bob Taylor. Though her case provided a lot of amusement I met her several times and visited the house and garden. There is no doubt in my mind she encountered "something". Again, in her case a doctor confirmed physical symptoms, including sore and sensitive eyes. (At one point during her encounter a brilliant light was shone at her). It was only sometime later that a neighbour came forward and also admitted to seeing a brilliant light go up from her garden....as far as I know this fact was not documented at the time.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by highlander08]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
from the recreation, its got cloaking technology it would seem. one could be right above my home right now, hovering invisibly, and I wouldn't even know it.

great

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I haven't seen this before so thanks for the post OP. I have to say, as was commented on earlier, this is about the first case I have seen where the sceptic aided the case for Mr Taylor seeing a UFO. He seemed to be clutching at straws to me!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I like the story and i beleive Mr Taylor my opinion is that he had no reason to lie and he told the story exactley how he perceived it.

As for the skeptic.....

Well what a moron. His explanation's seem even more far out and hard to beleive even more bizzare infact than Mr Taylor's story.

I wonder if he actually realises this ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 14-11-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks OP. I wasn't aware until your thread on the late Mr Taylor, that a newer documentary existed.

The old documentary segment included a brief interview with Mr Taylor's wife and the Constable Sgt remarks on the Police investigation. There were also genuine site pictures which showed the actual group pattern including the "track" marks.

In the most recent documentary linked above, I was not surprised the skeptic seemed to know little about star alignments or common sense. But satisfied in his fine job of making a fool of himself and strengthening the legitimacy of Mr Taylor's late seventies-encounter.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am surprised the documentary even wasted time with the sceptic as he clearly had no understanding at all about basic astronomy and his theory was pure imagination with no scientific basis at all. And he's even managed to get a book published!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by highlander08

well, there is a scientific basis actually...I'd expand on his explanation to make it apparent. It should go something like this:

the light of venus shone through a small punch hole cloud which acted like a pinhole projector and it serendipitously hits a temperature inversion inside something akin to swamp gas in the woods causing a 3d holographic image.

oh the probes? they were just an affrighted porcupine couple running to mr. taylor for cover because of the image of venus on the ground. ball lightning MAY have charged their spines which produced the acrid smell he reported.

see, it was just this amalgamation of natural events producing the fantastic effect

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by Outrageo

FIRST we are to believe that the marks on the ground were a result of construction material that was stored there and then removed.

i have not watched the documentary yet (im just about to) but given the location its near on impossible to get construction materials into that area of the woods as i remember it. however i have not visited the site in some time. there is a plaque in the ground where this experience took place and since i still have friends and family in the area i might just pay another visit to the site in the near future. this was the first time i can recall ever hearing about a ufo and what it was and i was living less than 2 miles from the abduction site and just a stones throw away from the abductees home although i did not know him. i can remember all the comotion this case caused in the local area at the time and being told by my gran about all the worlds scientists that had decended on the site. i was just about 4 years old at the time but it opened me up to the possibilities of extraterrestrial life and has stuck with me ever since.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just to say thanks, it was great to watch! Spooky encounter...but everything seems credible.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
WHICH WAS ALL CAUSED BY A HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION OF VENUS. what the F$%K???

TiM3LoRd -although never being accepted into any scientific textbooks, the 'astronomical mirage hypothesis' was also (ab)used by debunkers to try and dismiss the Coastguard UFO encounter over Lake Erie in 1988 where a huge object was witnessed by several (separately located) people cracking the ice and releasing several multi-coloured triangular shaped objects into the sky.

US Coastguard report ~ UFOs over Lake Erie.

Cheers.

reply to post by reject

Reject -great documentary mate.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nice documentary.

I read Stuart Campbell's book years back. He is a typical pseudo-skeptic who has no real idea about optical physics when it comes to his mirage hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Another clip about the incident taken from Arthur C. Clarke`s 'Mysterious World' programme showing Robert Taylor's wife commenting on the case:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great find reject , S+F.
VENUS..............

Gotta love that skeptic , hope someone gives him his own show

I first heard of this case a few years ago and thought it was one of the most compelling stories in ufology .

<<   2  3 >>

join