It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Is A Serious Global Concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
From the military perspective.

NATO chief warns of climate change security risks

LONDON — Climate change has "potentially huge security implications" and NATO countries should use the alliance as a forum to address the challenges it creates, the new NATO chief said Thursday.

Rising sea levels, droughts and falling food production could spark large population movements and conflict, while the melting of Arctic ice risked inflaming tensions in the region, Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said.

From the economy perspective.

Survey: Economists see threat in climate change

Researchers who deal in cold numbers rather than warming climates believe the "significant benefits from curbing greenhouse-gas emissions would justify the costs of action," a new survey finds.

The consequences of doing nothing is simply too great, climate change issue should be one of the highest priority in my opinion. I just feel there isn't enough attention to address this serious issue.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'd say it's receiving a lot of attention lately. I hear about it everyday on the msm. It's been growing in momentum for about say a decade.

Have you heard of cap and trade? Or the copenhagen treaty?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ever think the panama canal might be disrupting ocean temperatures?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Oh no the sky is falling. Help us gubment. We are helpless in the sight of all this anarchy and destruction.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Chicken Little had one acorn fall on its head, and panicked.
Climate change, globa warming, whatever it has been called, has been gaining momentum from... the 70s? 60s? That 40, 50 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Climate change is only natural.
Anybody that seeks to change your lifestyle based on climate change is a dangerous idiot.
Climate change as perpetrated by the liberal leftist is a totally and complete hoax.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Climate change is only natural.
Anybody that seeks to change your lifestyle based on climate change is a dangerous idiot.
Climate change as perpetrated by the liberal leftist is a totally and complete hoax.

Exactly, and if they want to stamp it man made, they should rather say say Govt. Made via Haarp and chemtrails etc, that stuff gotta have some impact on our climate..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
I'd say it's receiving a lot of attention lately. I hear about it everyday on the msm. It's been growing in momentum for about say a decade.

Have you heard of cap and trade? Or the copenhagen treaty?

I want a better solution, such as cleaner energy sources and more energy efficient technology. I'm not for cap and trade, not good enough. Yes I heard about the treaty.

Originally posted by raj9721
ever think the panama canal might be disrupting ocean temperatures?

Never. Is it? I personally don't think so.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The consequences of doing nothing is simply too great, climate change issue should be one of the highest priority in my opinion. I just feel there isn't enough attention to address this serious issue.

Pah.

The earth hasn't warmed now since 1998.

CO2 is increasing.

Temperatures aren't.

www.iceagenow.com...

The IPCC predictions have been way out.

Load of rubbish.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've given up on the whole debate more or less. The deniers are mostly pretty ignorant about anything happening on the planet, and it all boils down to them not wanting to change their own personal lifestyle. I don't really care who are what causes the change even though all these discussion turn into rabid blaming threads, instead of discussing what is happening and what can be done.

They are expanding the sewers several places where i live, since rainfall has become more intense lately, and that shows up on the home insurance premium. We're also getting some new bugs, normally found more south since the climate is becoming more suitable for them - and i hate bugs.

That's how climate change is affecting me at the moment, and personally i can't wait till oil starts becoming scarce - it's a #ty energy source, and smog isn't a good thing. Alternative energy won't really catch on before the price of oil goes up, sadly

At least we just had October actually being under average temperature for the fist time in decades, sounds like it's gonna be a cold winter.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the stars, but i somehow feel like i killed this thread since no one seem to be posting after me.

I would like a really objective discussion about what is going on around the globe, and what people think can be done about it.

I'm not really into the cap and trade thing, but something needs to be done. Currently the Russian tundra is melting (loads of methane), and methane-hydrates on the bottom of the ocean (don't have the tech to excavate them yet) (look both up, it could get kinda scary)

Once that hits the atmosphere, we're in for a fun ride. Millennia worth of solar energy trapped as volatile carbohydrates going right up.

No matter which paid scientist you prefer to believe, i ask only few question - Can we afford to be wrong? Is a green economy that bad?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by K-Raz]

new topics

top topics

join