It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever get a splitting migrane before someone you love dies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've tried to talk about this with people throughout my life, but of course people are at a loss on this one.

This happened when I was 12 and I will NEVER forget it.

One night I was at my friends house. I remember we were doing Mad-Libs (still love those things!), and I was cracking up over them. I was having such a good time. All of a sudden out of absolutely nowhere, I was hit with this migrane that was off the charts. I still to this day have never had one that bad as the one I had that night. It was so bad that I remember as I was walking to the other side of my friends house to get the phone (to call my mom to pick me up), I was doubled over. I couldn't see straight, and I couldn't keep my head up.

My mom picked me up and I remember I just laid on her floor in her room. That's where I made it to - not even my bed. This thing was nasty. I ended up falling asleep there. Nothing about going to the emergency room (I guess because I fell asleep peacefully after awhile, my mom wasn't worried).

The migrane hit me at around 9 pm that night. I fell asleep (guessing) at about 11 or 12.

The next morning (well, 3am - only a few hours after this head-ache), my father dies of a heart attack.

So nowadays when I complain of a regular headache, my mom always says the same thing: "Is this the big one? Am I next?"

I don't mean to laugh, but she says it in such a comical way for something that's so serious that I just HAVE to laugh about it.

All I know is that if I do get another one of these the night before my mom dies, then I will be truly truly freaked out.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Actually i had a horrible headache when i was like 8-9 when my grandma died. it was horrible, and i still freak out when i get even a minor headache.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by LocoHombre]

new topics

join