It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Hate of anything should not be tolerated.

I have to disagree. There are many things that are OK to hate. I believe it is completely acceptable to hate the actions of others and yet not hate the group they belong too.

I am a registered republican, but I hate many of the things they do. Therefore, I don't hate republicans, I just hate what they may do.

I am also a Christian, but hate what many do and how many behave. I dont hate Christians, I just hate what some do.

I actually do hate pedophiles. I hate murderers. I hate people who take advantage of others.

I find nothing wrong with hating some things and what some people do.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity

Originally posted by Roadblockx

I have to say I am a little shocked but do understand your point, to some degree. I don't think it is ever appropriate to lump an entire group of people together and say you hate that group's actions.

Nor do I ... but would you rather have those sentiments forbidden from public view, exposure or discussion ... left only to fester and perhaps take further root in the dark confines of minds who would choose to entertain such. ?

With that same train of thought, wouldn't it be acceptable to allow those that have a tendancy to committ crimes against others a place to vent that hatred online in mock attacks? How about child predators? Would a site which allowed those people to take part in mock sex acts help reduce the chance they would act out on their thoughts or feelings? I think those that hate will always hold that hate regardless of the avenues in which you allow them to "releave" those thoughts or feelings. I believe it only allows those feelings to grow.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It's "cool" and "en time" among the 'inteligencia' to hate people for having an "irrational" faith.

I don't think that's particularly true. But if it is, couldn't the same be said for the past several thousand years?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Everyone is hated on this board, and if you think only Christians get the short end of the stick think again. I've seen racist terms and allegations posted by members, yet the posts still stand. I see people bashing Islam as soon as a muslim kills someone (refer torhe recent FT. HOOD shootings) and I've seen atheist bashed by theists (notice I didn't say Christians.)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If you cannot contend with the questions raised by people with anything other that babbling something about faith then you deserve all of the uneasy feeling you have....

Jews, muslims, and christians base their beliefs out of books filled with lies.

But not all lies are bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Correct and I agree there is a very gray area but when in doubt, you hedge on the side of clear non-hatred. I hate a lot of "things". Overtime, paper-cuts, etc, etc..... I don't hate a group of people because they don't think or believe the same way I do. In your example, you mentioned "some". The signature line and atmosphere I am speaking of is the atttitude of "all".

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It sounds to me you have a persecution complex. It astounds me you make this post, as when ever I visit this site it's mainly muslim bashing or challenging Evolutionists to explain themselves.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by Maxmars

it seems to me that your response just said "because they are christians, they will put up a little fight because they are supposed to take it all in stride, so why bother?"

and this was just a public alert button. what is going to be done. what if i change my sig to "i dont hate muslims, just what they do"

Oh my! I never meant to imply the "why bother" inference you drew. I meant to evoke an impression of my own that Christians are 'perceived' as less volatile and reactionary as a group. Of course, here at ATS few people participate that are shy and withdrawn so that generalization goes out the window.

No offense was intended, nor do I mean to minimize your own observations. My point was there are a litany of reasons that groups get picked on, and for the most part, there is no avoiding it... it can only be contended with until it subsides. Otherwise we findourselves strolling down the path of repressive policy and (shudder) censorship.

The alert button gives the Mods an opportuinity to react. For my part, I sometimes get caught up in a subject and it takes some prodding to get me out of that particular groove.

If I have missed an alert I apologize... also, you can always u2u your favorite Mod and ask him or her to review the problem if you prefer..., we're easy.... we're just not cheap

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm not hiding but I am leaving work so if I don't respond for a bit, trust me, I will be back. I would love to engage more of you on your thoughts with this if for nothing else then to get a better understanding of why I am only seeing the Christian attacks.

Flag the mo'fo!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

Correct and I agree there is a very gray area but when in doubt, you hedge on the side of clear non-hatred. I hate a lot of "things". Overtime, paper-cuts, etc, etc..... I don't hate a group of people because they don't think or believe the same way I do. In your example, you mentioned "some". The signature line and atmosphere I am speaking of is the atttitude of "all".

But the line you quoted said they don't hate the group, they hate the actions. I actually find nothing wrong with that. Maybe the person does not like how Christians preach and try to save people. Maybe the person does not like how Christians attend a church setting and feel everyone else should too. Hating actions are different than hating a group.

I dont hate the government (because I feel it is needed in some aspects), but I most certainly hate the actions of the government.

I just dont find the offense in it. And I am one of those "born again" Christians.

[edit on November 12th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

alright, that's an explanation i can accept.

thanks for clarifying!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sorrry but I will have to disagree.
I do not think there is alot of hate for christianity on these boards, not in the way you use the word hate. I would rather use the word "ridicule" in this case.
What I am seeing all across the board (and across the nation)is continued hate for our arab/muslim brothers and sisters. The propaganda campaign against them is more vicious than ever before.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

To me, that is hateful

And there's the issue. To YOU it is hateful. We have a very difficult time attempting to moderate the board and balance one person's "right" to say something against another's "right" to not be offended. It's an impossible task to do it an a manner that pleases everyone. Impossible.

That particular member is using a play on words, as I'm sure you know, mirroring the oft heard "I don't hate [fill in blank] I hate what they do" that is a commonly known Christian refrain.

How do I know that we're pretty fair? Because we get bashed by ALL sides. The atheists say we're too Christian. The Christians say we're too everything but Christian. The Moslems say we condone Islam bashing. The Jews say we allow anti Semitism.

Staff is about as diverse a mix as you'll find anywhere. Although we get along extraordinarily well, there isn't a single issue you can think of that would have universal agreement other than fostering a climate of civil discourse.

Yes, you're too sensitive. Why do you think a person would put that in a sig? Why do you play into that? I see absolutely no difference between that signature and someone who says "I don't hate [whoever], I hate what they do".

Any bashing is in the eye of the beholder. Discussion has a component of disagreement. If it's your ox being gored, you could get offended, if you allow yourself to be offended. Don't mistake criticism and disagreement with personal attack. And don't allow someone to manipulate you so easily.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think this cartoon does a good job of summing things up:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49954a5d2b4c.jpg[/atsimg]

Full:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I try not to even use the "H" word, let alone show it towards others.

Although I was under the impression that the only time expressing the "H" word on ATS was acceptable was when it was directed towards Ignorance, Oppression, Injustice, Totalitarianism, and other such repugnant issues that are the Topic du Jour at ATS.

I could frankly care less about what another person's religious beliefs may be, and I assume that they could care less about mine, and as such I rarely bring them up on ATS as really unless religion is somehow central and intrinsic to a discussion or Conspiracy. Otherwise, there is really no need to ever bring it up on ATS.

I'm certainly no fan of Christianity, but I also don't feel that it is my place to judge anyone for choosing Christianity for themselves, just as it is not their place to judge me for not choosing Christianity for myself. As long as they don't tread on me, then I am happy for them and the choices in Religion they have made for themselves. I certainly wouldn't think of persecuting them for their beliefs, but rather would be the first in line to defend them for their beliefs even though they are not even remotely close to my own...just as I would for a Muslim, or a Zoroastrian, or a Buddhist, or a Hindi, or even a Scientologist (although my moral conscience would be kicking myself for the later). Ultimately, equality must stand for us all, universally, otherwise there can be no true freedom for any of us.

If someone directly attacks you for your Religious belief on ATS, report it to the Mods, as they have done a grave disservice to us all. However, if someone says something that offends your Religious beliefs, then it is you, not they, that must come to terms with it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is Hate an emotion or a state of mind ?
I look at hate as a sign post to personal growth. To really hate something is to attach a level of intimacy with the object of said hate. I can appreciate the need for people to go through this process, but the length of time one carries their hatred around ( often a lifetime ) seems stultifying to real growth.
What benefit can hate have but to be limiting to one's potential. Sincerely releasing a hatred can be a great tool toward's self realization and then cosmic bliss !

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

What he said, thank you friend. S&F. If most religious people learned from you and practiced what they preached, we would almost never have to deal with any hate issues. Too bad not many people deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
IMO, people are getting a little to sensitive about everything. Why should I care if someone's signature offends me? People should be able to express themselves without the fear of being censored or ridiculed even if others view it as hate speech.

There is no need for cursing because that is just plain rude and lacks intellect but if someone wants to say they hate Muslims or Christians then they should be allowed to do so.

People need to grow thicker skin. Political Correctness is verbal fascism.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

IMO, people are getting a little to sensitive about everything.

Maybe that is because they are getting fed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join