It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KBR improperly billed for security guards, senator says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

KBR improperly billed for security guards, senator says

www.chron.com

KBR, the largest contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan, improperly billed the Pentagon and was paid about $103 million for armed security guard services, a U.S. senator says.

the Pentagon has recovered $42 million of the payments

McCaskill said she was concerned the Defense Department "is not moving quickly enough to recover the remaining $61 million

ecause the contract specifically prohibits contractors billing the Pentagon for armed security guards, said Navy Lt. Cmdr. Darryn James, a De
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
WOW!

They aren't too interested in recovering the rest of the money it seems.

How come the Army needs overpaid armed security guards anyway? Aren't they the ARMy?

War = Business
War does not equal war, it equals business
same goes for terroism
both are businesses as far as i'm concerned.

No matter what your feelings are about the war, or the enemy, at the end of the day you cannot deny that unimaginable amounts of money/profit were made out of it.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Seems pretty cheap to me. According to the Administration, to deploy 1 US soldier, it costs $1 million/year.

Gibbs said that although cost is not the determining factor in the Afghanistan debate, it is a consideration. The cost of 1,000 troops is $1 billion per year, according to Gibbs.

link

I'm not sure how many security personnel KBR had in Iraq. I know they had approximately 50000 employees there on average per year. If 1 in 10 were security personnel, that would be 5000, at a cost of only $103 million. That's only $20,600 each, which is far less than the $5 billion the US would have spent for 5000 more troops.

join