It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative group links gay-rights movement to Islamic terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

By Daniel Tencer

A prominent social-conservative activist group is using comments made by readers on a gay-rights Web site as "evidence" that the LGBT movement is mulling using "organized terrorism" against Christians.

The Liberty Counsel released a statement on Monday linking Nidal Malik Hasan, the alleged shooter in last week's Fort Hood massacre, to the gay-rights movement.

"In the wake of the horrific act of Islamic domestic terrorism at Fort Hood Texas, it has been learned that militant homosexual activists recently made similar online postings to those of Nidal Malik Hasan, threatening additional acts of terrorism against Christians," stated an email from Matt Barber, Liberty Counsel's director of cultural affairs, as well as an associate dean at Liberty University Law School.

Liberty University is an evangelical school founded in 1971 by televangelist Jerry Falwell. Barber's email came from a Liberty University account.

This is just crazy. If I was Gay I would be much more afraid of this type of "Conservatism" than I would Islamic terrorists. I guess nothing should surprise me coming out of Liberty. Jerry Falwell's spirit is alive and well there it seems.
I wonder how many "conservatives" here on ATS feel that homosexuals should be tied to terrorism foreign or domestic?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes, all this occurring in the greatest and freest country on Earth. Where Gays are treated like second class citizens because there right to live in peace and happiness is trumped by extremists who seem to think that what homosexuals do in the privacy of their own homes or whether they choose to embrace marriage, is somehow their business.

Here's a thought, mind your own business, and consider adhering to the philosophy of live and let live. In this instance, there decision it isn't hurting anyone else, so why do these people care so much?

Perhaps they should place more focus on their own lives instead of judging others.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm sorr if my typing is a bit goofy.. I can't stop laughing at this. What leverl will people stoop to next? LOL

It's tragic AND funny.... human are sostupid sometimes..

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The Liberty Counsel statement said commenter “tex” replied: “Fritz....you say this like it's a bad thing? Maybe a bit of well organized terrorism is just what we need. ... This happens in all cases where people are oppressed and lack representation. We will have gay and lesbian people strapping bombs to their chests and blowing up churches. All it will take is one or two more losses like this.”

And how is this not a threat? This person WAS similar to the jack@$$ that shot up fort hood in that they both made retarded terroristic remarks online. Don't be blinded by the politics, this man should be investigated by the FBI, and possibly charged.

-E-

[edit on 9-11-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Interesting. . . very, very interesting. . . BUT, Muslims have a war-manual at-hand called the Koran. Radical Muslims can easily justify themselves and think they are going to heaven by killing infidels.

Homosexuals can't justify themselves by killing Christians. They know they would be hurting the cause, and giving themselves a bad name. I don't think we will see groups of homosexuals screaming "Death to Christians!" the way Radical Muslims scream "Death to (Jews, America, Israel, Britain, Infidels, Hindus, Apostates, etc..)"

Although we can't be sure. I would personally be shocked to hear about homosexuals killing Christians. That's because it hasn't happened yet. . . Radical Muslims, however, have and will continue to kill infidels.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well if this isn't a case of where the pot is calling the kettle black. I can not say how many times that I have heard from different conservative christian groups, and Jerry Fawell being the most vocal, that have not only advocated but also has called out for the extreme measures to be taken against the homosexuals in the United States, to include blaming them for every ill under the sun. Maybe they need to take a stop and think about what they say before they turn around and cry foul cause someone suggests something of that nature about them.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

it has been learned that militant homosexual activists

Sure, militant homosexuals? Some guy makes a random, albeit dum remark on a blog and people cry foul and connect them to an extremist?

Let's remember that some of these news agencies are now saying that this Fort Hood shooter was in cahoots with 9/11 terrorists among other things. Think about fear and propaganda.

Tomorrow they will raise the threat level to pink. No. Hot Pink.

It's one of those stories that "extremist" groups such as these conservaties use to push their own agenda and get 15 minutes of famr in some mediocre format.

~Keeper

[edit on 11/9/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ugh, this just sickens me, everyday the conservatives seem to say something new that's appauling everyday.

"The gay-rights movement is linked to Islamic terrorism"? Seriously? Running out of ideas people?! Gah... anything to bash the homosexual community today.....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well I oppose gay marriage, but not Civil Unions, so I am not the homosexuals best friend, but I agree that its pretty stupid to try to make gay people look like terrorists.

Also, just to note.. I don't think most Christians or conservatives would agree with whatever group said this lame stuff.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If I was Gay I would be much more afraid of this type of "Conservatism" than I would Islamic terrorists.

Well, I know I am.

And how is this not a threat? This person WAS similar to the jack@$$ that shot up fort hood in that they both made retarded terroristic remarks online. Don't be blinded by the politics, this man should be investigated by the FBI, and possibly charged.

Well, I can't speak for all the gays and you're right - this guy should be investigated. But, I'm sure they would find him quite harmless...if he's anything like the rest of us. We're not big on physical violence - it tears our clothes and makes our general visage, well, uncomely. Not cute for us. Ok, all kidding aside. I can certainly understand the vein of emotion from which this man is speaking. We [homosexual Americans] pay more taxes than married heterosexual Americans but are represented far less - in government, politics and culture and we're sick and tired of being treated this way simply because we love and/or have sex with partners of the same sex. I wish the majority of ya'll straight folks would stop to think of what you'd feel like if your feet were in our gucci loafers. I'm sure that if you're capable of sound reason, you'd be pissed off too. And one last thought - Christans have been performing acts of terror against us for years!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Let's remember that some of these news agencies are now saying that this Fort Hood shooter was in cahoots with 9/11 terrorists among other things. Think about fear and propaganda.
[edit on 11/9/2009 by tothetenthpower]

Oh, everyone who is 'extreme' is linked to the 9/11 terrorists these days.....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Well I oppose gay marriage, but not Civil Unions.

Why not just call all marrages "civil unions" and get it over with and make everyone equal?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Post removed by me because it was off topic and I am so tired of going back and forth about gay marriage.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well I oppose gay marriage, but not Civil Unions, so I am not the homosexuals best friend, but I agree that its pretty stupid to try to make gay people look like terrorists.

Also, just to note.. I don't think most Christians or conservatives would agree with whatever group said this lame stuff.

Fair enough, I oppose gay marriage as well and I'm a homosexual! I know confusing right?

I think we should call in civil union. As long as the same rights are afforded then who the hell cares what it's called? And to tell you the truth, the religious community is somewhat right.

Marriage has always been a religious institution and they by proxy get to decide whatever it is that the term "marriage" represents.

This is a non issue I find between the gay and religious community. The government should just realize that THEY are causing the problem by not simply passing a civil unions law.

Nobody would complain about that I am sure.

And I agree with your final point as well. I don't think most conservative or religious folk think like these suckers do either.

I think it's amusing when an "extremist" group attempts to label another group as "extremist".

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well it appears all is well at Liberty University, I wondered what would happen to the place after Falwell died. Apparently the death of the evil emperor isn't the end of the story after all. How this institution can even be called an institution of higher learning escapes me.

These people give Christianity a bad name. Personally I do not agree with the Gay lifestyle but really it is not my place to judge what they do that is between them and God. And does not change that that the government has an obligation to treat them as equally under the law as anyone else.

The thing i find funny about the Christian movement in this area is that it is fronted mainly by the prosperity theology preachers who fleece their flocks by the millions. Yet when you look at what upset Jesus the most. Those he treated the harshest were those beset by greed and those whose sins were of a sexual nature were treated tenderly and with forgiveness, go figure.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why is this so shocking?
Their whole ideology is based in fear.
Hence the war on 'dem qwazy tewwewists!
They brought the gay thing out during the election of 04 also.
The sad thing? It worked.

I am not gay, but I am for human and civil rights.
Even the mormons get in on it:

Mormons have been active participants in the campaign both as volunteers and financial contributors, giving an estimated 43 percent — some $8.4 million — to the Proposition 8 campaign, according to the Web site mormonsfor8.com.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...
They put their money where their mouth is!
(lord knows they have enough of it)
Who's the crazy religious fanatics again?

Here are some more 'wise' spender stories:

Colorado Springs-based Focus on the Family gave $727,250 in cash and services to the anti-gay marriage Proposition 8 campaign in California, according to records released by the California secretary of state, including a $100,000 check in late October, just days before the evangelical media empire announced it planned to lay off nearly 20 percent of its employees.

coloradoindependent.com...
Star and Flag!
This crazy gay fear scab needs to be picked, cleaned and healed!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Wasn't it Jerry Falwell that tried to connect gays to 911?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I bet they could link your grandmother to Osama given enough time. This really is very very sad, but throw enough brown stuff at the wall and some of it sticks. Some people will believe it and it will further divide people into their respective individual cells (as in prison not terrorist). Remember the less we stick together the easier we are to control, no organisation, no resistance to policy... I wonder what group is next on the list?

On the fundamentalist side with regards to Christianity, check out the Jesus Camp film. Now that is lining up the next generation to continue this insane religious crusade in the name of profit if ever I have seen it! Scared the hell out of me, but back to the topic.

My view on gay relationships? Fine with me, it’s down to the individual and the choices they make. If your opposed to gay unions are you opposed to freedom? Surely your taking away the human rights of people that feel that way? Live and let live, we have enough things to address.

top topics

join