It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does this government consider an enemy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Who does this government consider an enemy?

russiatoday.com

I was taken to a detention center run by the National Guard, working in tandem with the FBI, where everyone was photographed and fingerprinted for a database. Throughout this long process, people were not allowed to use the bathroom and were denied medical treatment for hours. The detention center was filled with beaten and bloodied people, some of whom even defecated on themselves. An Iraq war vet who had been arrested spoke out. He said that detainees in Iraq get better treatment than this.

On my way to the detention center in the police bus, I sat next to two kids who had blood gushing f
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
My G20 trip, Reflection Thread: READ!
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was there during the G20 summit protests, and it was disgusting what i witnessed. Luke, the founder of wearechange.org has been a true patriot for this country, asking the tough questions, the MSM doesn't bother with.

reading anything regarding what happened on those days still makes me
because all these guys did was voice their views, and they were shut up...

please read the full article, and please leave your thoughts. thanks!

russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

More from article

On my way to the detention center in the police bus, I sat next to two kids who had blood gushing from their heads and wore blood-soaked t-shirts. The person to my right had just been walking by the scene. Because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, he was beaten and arrested along with everyone else.

Then, along with five others, I was deemed “violent” and sent to the main jail in Pittsburgh. While being transferred, I had a conversation with the detention officers about our eroding freedoms in America. I was told I shouldn't be protesting, but rather thanking Blackwater for protecting our freedom in Iraq. When I brought up the fact that Blackwater murdered and raped innocent civilians in Iraq, I was thrown violently into a bus and told: “Have fun in jail, idiot.”

During the G20, police officers from all around the country were summoned to Pittsburgh by the federal government. It was a massive movement, militarizing the police to prevent American citizens from engaging in their most important and sacred right – to peacefully assembly and address their grievances.

The main purpose of a military is to fight an enemy, but when the police become the military and work with the military against its own people, we have to ask: Who does this government consider its enemies?

[edit on 11/9/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am speechless. I listened to the scanner thingy during the G20 protests, watching the story unfold. Had the federal government wanted to truly protect these people they would have given them a permit to protest within a confined area and allow their dissent to be voiced. The fact that their permits were denied to me does not stop freedom of speech from occurring. It is equivalent to the government trying to forcibly removing your right to carry arms, and they wonder when they came for them why you would shoot at them. A government must always hold the rights of citizens in the highest regards.

Don't get me wrong, there were some G20 protester's that were there specifically to cause trouble and do stupid things, but this could have been mitigated with allowing a controlled area to be cornered off so that peoples voices could be expressed. It's a pretty common law enforcement tactic, provide a controlled area for the public to gather so that situations can be controlled.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The G20 protesters got what they deserved. The government is absolutely correct on this. We need to rid the world of anarchists, terrorists and people with swine flu. We need more people who just do what they're told. The G20 protests were just a glitch in the matrix, so everybody go back to sleep and go back to doing what you're told. Nothing to see here. Reading this thread was a waste of good shopping time.

Oh and by the way, everything is ok.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

do i sense sarcasm?

dude, being tear gassed, and shot isnt fun. having LRAD burst in your ears isnt fun either. these guys didn't deserve this. this was next to torture!

On a lighter note: im still alive and breathing!

new topics

top topics

join