It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama defies Chinese communist militia threats, Indian Army ready to teach China lesson of a li

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
More pre-war rhetoric. Tensions are getting VERY high between China, India and Pakistan.

www.indiadaily.com...
"Any Chinese adventure in Tawang or any parts of Arunachal Pradesh or NEFA will be pushed back far beyond Tibet. Indian missiles will surgically destroy Chinese militia's strategic assets. Indian Army and Air Force is ready to show the Chinese militia a warfare run with software algoritmic superiority.

Thousands of Buddhist monks and supporters welcomed Tibet's exiled spiritual leader on Sunday to a remote Indian region also claimed by China, a trip that has renewed tensions between the Asian giants.

The Dalai Lama arrived by helicopter in this remote Buddhist enclave nestled in the icy folds of the eastern Himalayas, where he had passed through after fleeing Tibet in 1959 after a failed uprising against Chinese rule."

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
most interesting, you would have thought india would be more careful about such a contreversial trip but i guess not. the world has 2, 3 big wars ready to burst... India-China over disputed territory, Colombia-Venezuela over US prescense in colombia, and Israel-Iran over nuclear crap... *sigh*

gotta add the korean peninsula now too seeing as how they clashed today

[edit on 10-11-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Dalai Lama has right to visit wherever he wants to: US

On being asked about US position on the Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh, which is claimed by China as a disputed territory and contested by New Delhi as an integral part of India, Kelly said, "We just don't see it in any other way than that. We don't think we have a position, necessarily, on his decision to travel to this area."

Source - www.indianexpress.com...

Edit - Forgot to add source

[edit on 10-11-2009 by CuteAngel]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

Obama May Raise Tibet, Rights Issues Directly With Hu (Update1)

Human rights campaigners have criticized Obama for declining to meet with the Dalai Lama when the Tibetan spiritual leader was in Washington in October to receive a congressional human rights award. White House adviser Valerie Jarrett in September said Obama would meet with the Dalai Lama after the president’s trip this month to Asia, a commitment Bader reiterated.

Source - www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yikes!

I smell trouble here. World War III anyone?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

I've also heard multiple analysts say recently that Pakistan is quite concerned about what will happen when the U.S. pulls out of Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

More likely IV? Or perhaps V? One might think that the war is currently being waged in biochemical level. But who knows. I hope that India and China are reasonable enough not to start spewing missiles upon each other just because of some irrelevant monk.

-v

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

More likely IV? Or perhaps V? One might think that the war is currently being waged in biochemical level. But who knows. I hope that India and China are reasonable enough not to start spewing missiles upon each other just because of some irrelevant monk.

-v

The tension goes far beyond just the Dali lama(and to call him irrelevant is naive-he is a symbol for millions of people, just not for you).

Border disputes have been going on over there for a while, and there have been troop buildups going on for months.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

The tension goes far beyond just the Dali lama(and to call him irrelevant is naive-he is a symbol for millions of people, just not for you).

Border disputes have been going on over there for a while, and there have been troop buildups going on for months.

Have you looked for Dalai Lama's opinion of what he thinks about himself? For example, have you read a single book of his? I have and based on those, I am quite certain he regards himself quite irrelevant, regardless of what everyone else think. But you are free to call my opinions naive, for it means absolutely nothing.

Yes I know the "conflict" is due the situation of Tibet and goes beyond the character of Dalai Lama. The reason why India is on it's toes with China is because in their perspective Dalai Lama and his followers are representatives of modern buddhism that India recognizes; yet China is a communist state, hence atheist. Furthermore, China is invading Tibet without any justification.

Respectfully,

-v

[edit on 10-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Have you looked for Dalai Lama's opinion of what he thinks about himself? For example, have you read a single book of his? I have and based on those, I am quite certain he regards himself quite irrelevant, regardless of what everyone else think. But you are free to call my opinions naive, for it means absolutely nothing.

Yes I know the "conflict" is due the situation of Tibet and goes beyond the character of Dalai Lama. The reason why India is on it's toes with China is because in their perspective Dalai Lama and his followers are representatives of modern buddhism that India recognizes; yet China is a communist state, hence atheist. Furthermore, China is invading Tibet without any justification.

Respectfully,

-v

[edit on 10-11-2009 by v01i0]

Yes I have read many of his writings. Regardless of what he considers himself, he is VERY relevant to a large portion of the worlds population. To think that someone that has an impact on that many people is irrelevant is, yes, naive.

You really ought to research india-china-pakistan tension, if you think this is only about Tibet and the Dali.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't think nothing. I do not know nothing. But it doesn't stop me being ignorant, but encourages it.

Please, keep your knowledge to yourself. It is very irrelevant to me if people choose to regard some body as their spiritual leader, like Popes or Lamas. That is a stupid thing to do.

-v

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't think nothing. I do not know nothing. But it doesn't stop me being ignorant, but encourages it.

Please, keep your knowledge to yourself. It is very irrelevant to me if people choose to regard some body as their spiritual leader, like Popes or Lamas. That is a stupid thing to do.

-v

Considering that I started the thread, and it is a discussion site, I dont think I'll keep my knowledge to myself, thank you very much. In fact, you have just inspired me to be even louder with it.

Whether or not you like to admit it(or if you even realize it), considering something completely irrelevant because it means nothing to you personally is not only naive, it is narcissistic.

The world exists beyond you, my friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You're right absolutely right of course. And I am merely happy that your agenda is gaining visibility by staying on top due this little and irrelevant exchange of words. But yeah, call me narcistic and naive, it doesn't make any difference - the focus here is beyond you and me my friend.

Anyway, regardless of my words, the impacts of HH to his followers are far beyond my opinions, no matter what I say. I am unsure why I posted on this thread on first place - maybe I was just being lunatic, as usual

Or maybe I like being called with names, who knows.

-v

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You're right absolutely right of course. And I am merely happy that your agenda is gaining visibility by staying on top due this little and irrelevant exchange of words. But yeah, call me narcistic and naive, it doesn't make any difference - the focus here is beyond you and me my friend.

Anyway, regardless of my words, the impacts of HH to his followers are far beyond my opinions, no matter what I say. I am unsure why I posted on this thread on first place - maybe I was just being lunatic, as usual

Or maybe I like being called with names, who knows.

-v

I have no agenda, and I called you no names. I pointed out facts.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel

Obama May Raise Tibet, Rights Issues Directly With Hu (Update1)

.......and then Hu and his government will stop buying U.S. Treasuries for a few months. No offense but the U.S. doesn't really have any clout with China's Human Right's abuses. The U.S. will have to end up groveling back to allowing China to dictate the rules of the game. We are now the junior partner in this economic game.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I have no agenda, and I called you no names. I pointed out facts.

Did I say you called me with names? No, I said: "Maybe I like being called with names". And yes you do have an agenda, otherwise you would've not posted in first place. Your agenda may be as simple as gaining points, voicing your opinion, knowledge or whatever, but still it is an agenda. Agenda kind of equals to objective and quite likely every action has objective, even yours.

About your facts; if your facts about knowing someone are based on a few irrelevant posts, then I guess they are kind lightly based ones. I hope your facts on disputes between India and China are bit more well based.

Well, now we are closing in the subject in order not to derail the conversation any more:

In my initial post I pointed out my belief that China and India would be reasonable enough not to start a war because of this dispute and said that Dalai Lama is irrelevant (regarding the matter). You kinda agreed by saying that:

You really ought to research india-china-pakistan tension, if you think this is only about Tibet and the Dali.

But as you suggest by injecting the words: "is only about", you suggest that no matter what, Dalai Lama is important figure on this. As you said earlier, he is after all a symbol for millions of people. Would China harm his character physically, it would do a big mistake, but I think that they are considerable enough not to do that.

Well, as you pointed out that I am ignorant in this matter, I concur, because I really don't know much about it. I am not either quite keen to know, so forgive me my bad manners, narcisms and whatever and allow me my right for my ignorant opinions.

Regardless of what you think about me, I think that your topic is an important one and I wish that this issue will gain more visibility and public knowledge.

-v

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I just posted a few google news articles that followed the issue stated in the OP.

I believe that this tension between India and China has nothing to do with religion or culture. Its about land and natural resources. China has been claiming and confiscating more and more of India's land as well as natural resources. India has a huge population to sustain and will find it very difficult to let go of more land. This started with Mao occupying Tibet in 1950 which led to a war between China and India in 1962.
As far as the US is concerned I feel that the center of power is shifting.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

How can China keep stealing land from India? I mean don't they have borders and border patrol?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Well I don't exactly have answer for that question. Maybe cause India is weak or maybe the government is stupid and irresponsible. Although I feel that a war by China on India mite do India some good. This animosity between India and China has remained since the communist party of China took power.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Back on topic im not sure this means ww3. i think this is political posturing on India's part so as to not look weak. China and india are not stupid enough to get into a war that could claim millions and reduce the worlds population.......or could they?

just messing

<<   2 >>

join