It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanished Persian army said found in desert

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If it were the work of God to bury them way back when, perhaps it is the work of God to unveil them, at this moment in time.

Lost armies, fields of bones...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
god this god that... why is every little thing we do or find has to be with god...damn it... i # yesterday...god made it happen...my friend died a couple months ago...god made it happen..

oh yeah 5000 to 50000k soldiers died...oh yeah god killed them and now he is letting us know he kill them...

you guys are pathetic with your god... leave it at home...dont bring it on this board...

on the other side... nice acheo finding... this will push people to do more search related to Herodotus s writings.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, if this is the missing Persian army... what are they going to do with it?
Should the 50,000 skeletons be moved to a museum? Or should they be returned to their native lands for proper burials? Or should they just leave them to whatever the desert (and robbers) does to them, and place a memorial sign there to mark the place?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Hi just to add, the Romans DID know that adding salt to the land killed it off. Only know this because I was reading about when they Finally beat the City of Carthage and after raping, looting etc they were told by the leader to SALT the land so that nothing would ever grow there again and people would hopefully forget that Carthage had ever existed as they had been such a thorn in Rome' side for hundreds of years.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Probably a bit of all three.
Some of the remains and objects will be taken to museums and laboratories.
Many more might be reburied, or returned to what would have been their homeland.
There will also probably be some sort of marker to note the area, though it's also a very remote section of desert.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Seems like a big job, to figure out which contemporary country should receive each of the 50,000 skeletons. I would guess there would have to be DNA testing of most of them. I'll bet there will be a lot of mixed up bones, and international lawsuits from it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Most likely, many of the skeletons will be reburied, soley due to the number. Most likely the only ones that'll get sent out would be the most complete. There may be a few hundred of those, at a generous estimate.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS FLASH PEOPLE

god himself, has spoken about this directly. Of course I am speaking of that piece of work known as Zahi Hawass. The only voice of Egyptian History to have any say about anything.

Seems these Italians who found this and have claimed the find are now going to be prosecuted. History at it's best!!!!.

www.archaeologynews.org...

Egypt's chief archeologist Zahi Hawass rejects the discovery of a vanished Persian army in the Egyptian deserts as "unfounded and misleading."

"I need to inform the public that recent reports published in newspapers, news agencies and TV news announcing that “twin brothers Angelo and Alfredo Castiglioni have unearthed remains of the Persian army of Cambyses,” are unfounded and misleading," Secretary General of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities Hawass wrote in his personal blog.

Reports had earlier announced that the remains of an army led by Persian King Cambyses II had been discovered by the Castiglioni brothers in a small oasis not far from Siwa.

So there it is. god has declared this find is not what has been published or claimed. Hope everyone forgets about it now, since it will never be noted again, if Hawass controls it.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. And yes, I seemingly do not like this Hawass ahole.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Yes, I've been reading about this over on Hall of Ma'at. There's actually quite a bit to it, much of it centered around how the site was handled and reported.
The credentials of the fellows making the claim have been called into question. Seems they are film producers, but not archaeologists as they've been billed.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So it seems like a Soap Opera is about to occur in respects to this find in the sands of Eygpt.

Principles are of course, my friend Hawass, and that figure of everything that is right in the Middle East, Ahmadinejad.

Seems Iranian cultural heritage officials were to meet on November 29 with Egyptian counterparts to discuss this matter in more detail, but due to the sob, who recently called Beyounce dumb, Hawass, and the verbal diarreha he spews, those talks have been postponed for now.

www.presstv.ir...

Egyptian officials have postponed their visit to Iran where they were to discuss the possible location of a Persian army that vanished 25 centuries ago...............Egypt postponed the visit after Hawass's made his claims, IRNA reported.

This is the status of the matter now. 10 Days ago, that wonder of civility and respect, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had asked Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization to

www.presstv.ir...

....review new findings about an ancient Iranian army which is believed to have been lost in Egypt.......

and here a mouthful from Mr Misunderstood

"It is expected that the capacities of the national knowledge about the cultural heritage and internationally renowned experts and also the diplomatic capacities would be used," the Iranian President stated.

And how is this for diplomacy. Throw out the U.N. Weapons inspectors, and then turn around and ask UNESCO to protect the Italian's Find from Hawass.

www.presstv.ir...

Iran has asked the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to protect the remains of a vanished Persian army of the Achaemenid empire in Egypt.

The request was made through a letter by Iran's Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHTO) on Sunday.

"Egypt's chief archeologist Zahi Hawass has recently rejected the discovery of the army in his personal weblog due to political pressure," ICHTO Spokesman, Hassan Mohseni, told Fars news agency.

Look, I have an ally. Someone else who distrusts that Egyptian Snake Hawass.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

A quick look at mythology, folklore, history, and archeology will show conclusively that throughout the entirety of human history, weather has ALWAYS been an enemy. Global warming hasn't made weather an enemy, that's just it's "nature". Global warming simply alters some of it's behaviour.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Will Egypt allow Iran to take Egypt's ancient artifact bones in the sand? Or will Iran allow Egypt to keep their ancestral warriors? This should become interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Interesting from all angles.

I would like to see a map detailing the location of the finds in relation to military operations during WWII. I expect that the location is still embargoed to prevent looters though.

With all the traffic in the area back then I find it hard to believe that somebody didn't stumble on to something.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So, any news on this?
(Yes, i know how to search the web.

But I'd rather hear from those who already are/were following a story.)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The Egyptians say it ain't so. And since there has been no follow up on it for years, you can conclude that it is pretty much a wild goose chase.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
Interesting from all angles.

I would like to see a map detailing the location of the finds in relation to military operations during WWII. I expect that the location is still embargoed to prevent looters though.

With all the traffic in the area back then I find it hard to believe that somebody didn't stumble on to something.

WWII

During World War II, Siwa again played an important role. Most of that war saw the Siwa occupied with Allied troops consisting mainly of British, Australians and New Zealanders. It was closed to none military visitors. However, it was bombed by the Italians who had occupied Libya, killing 100 people (and a donkey, we are told), and later, the Germans had their turn in the Oasis. Even Field Marshal Rommel visited, but it was later retaken by the Allies. Afterwards, visitation to the Siwa was restricted for a number of years

History of Siwa

Badin is near there - so there was some back and forth but no pitched battles were fought

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join