It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronous Repetition= Deja Vu anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Synchronous Repetition= Deja Vu anyone?

current.com

current.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Throughout the past several weeks I've witnessed what I prefer to call Synchronous Repetition, or instantaneous deja vu.

You ever watch a program, commercial comes on then the exact same commercial comes on again? If so then you know what I'm referring to.

I've seen this occurence more and more often w/in the past few weeks than I have ever seen it b4 in my entire lifetime.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

current.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've never had the same commercial come on one after the other- but do get daje vu but haven't read up on it to know what it's all about

I have heard it is to do with past lives- but unless I'm living the same lives over and over that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have seen commercial repetitions happen many times. I think they are a glitch in the advertising system. That, or a company purchases multiple ads in some form of advertising blitz.

The deja-vu I have experienced feel as if I have seen something from long ago, so far back that I can barely remember seeing it to start with.

I do not think commercial repetitions are deja vu. Sure, you have seen it before, but that was only 5 seconds ago. Also, you can prove that it was on twice. Deja vu is something that only you can experience; another person in the room at the time would not have deja vu for something that gives it to you. If a roomful (at least 2) people saw the commercial repeated, then it must be an external phenomenon, thus outside the requirements for a deja vu.

Say you watched a movie. After it ended, you watched it again. This isn't deja-vu, because it is still in your memory. The only difference between this and the commercials is that you didn't hit the "re-play" button, as the tv network did it for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by futurewolfaqua

I have noticed this happening as well, actually my husband pointed it out to me! But I am not sure I would call this deja vu, I contanstly have deja vu, the feeling that I have been here before, heard this before, seen this before, lived this before, it happens all the time. Example: my neice whom I raised recently married and when she told me she met this guy, that I already knew he was the one, because I had already heard the same conversation with her, and could remember 'seeing' the wedding. If you are thinking this may have happened on suggestion, one would have to explain me already 'seeing' the same church, the same attendees, the same cake, the same dress, ect. Anyway, I think the commercials repeating are strange because of the frequency lately, but not deja vu.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by futurewolfaqua

The only weird thing with commercials that I have had happen is changing the channel 4 times and the same commercial starts up.

I have had plenty of deja vu for locations at my home town but they always gave me the creeps, like I really should be there. I don't know much about it just that it is a very odd feeling I know the spot the POV at the spot but that is it. Since I have moved I haven't had any moments like that until I went back to my home town.

If anyone could enlighten me about the "phenomenon" please fill me in.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To clarify, this was not a single instance but several completely separate situations that revolved around this one commercial.

As for deja vu, I've been there done that too many times before; dreams of full 3 hour conversations to hands of cards I've seen before. . . these commercials weren't repeats of previous psychic encounters.

For fleetlord, I've experienced deja vu before and this was different. These images repeated regardless of channel or programming. It was obviously directed at my consciousness. Take it/ leave it that's your choice I know what I felt when this phenomenon occurred. Still clueless. . .but I love the Dr. Strangelove quote

As for your thoughts space cadet, suggestion may very well be the proper term for this occurence yet I feel that the consistency of the images displayed it ceases to apply here.

But juste606, I'm still curious of your experiences. . .

Could definitely use more insight.

top topics

join