It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wintertime in Malta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What does that phrase mean to you?

Do you think it has some revelance in current events?

Do you think it is a code to be deciphered?

"See you in Malta in Wintertime" was a sign-off phrase from Hidden-Hand.

What happened in Malta that would be relevant to the crises we have today?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I honestly havnt a clue but i will be keeping an eye on this thread as I have been to Malta loads of times.

G

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It reminds me of old time wrestling... and the Baron Miguel Secluna.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The Knights Hospitallers, which still exist today as the Knights of Malta, were forced to leave Malta by Napoleon, who stopped at the island on his way to Egypt. Today the Knights of Malta reside in Italy, still have their own "sovereign country" and are said to be a secret society for the Vatican.

In 1529 Charles V, grandson of Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain, offered Malta to the Knights of St. John as their permanent base and they began to build fortifications around the Grand Harbor.

newdawnmagazine.com.au...

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I thought wintertime in Malta was something about a weird winter in a place called Malta.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i just did a google search anfd found this:

The public is reminded that winter time in Malta this year will commence at 3.00am on the last Sunday of October.

gozonews.com...

funny timing with all the hype around the 25th

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Where did you receive this message about Malta? I have a friend in Malta, I could get informations about it maybe.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288
i just did a google search anfd found this:

The public is reminded that winter time in Malta this year will commence at 3.00am on the last Sunday of October.

gozonews.com...

funny timing with all the hype around the 25th

Here is the headline from the source you quoted.

Winter time begins this Sunday the 25th of October

The source also says "This year that falls tomorrow"...

Does this mean perhaps a different calendar system is being used?

(Good find, Csquared. Star for you.)

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What is going on in this thread?

I am not following at all

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

Nor me,
There is a member here called Hiddenhand though. Op's opening post is a little like being in the middle of a conversation. The "Arctic Sea" is in Malta presently, smelling strongly of Pine,

[edit on 7-11-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would guess (with no real effort), that this is all silly and has root in tomfoolery.

I would also like to know how many people even care?

Also...just a little advice...learn to smell trolls from afar and you can pretty much avoid the bridges they live under.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Perhaps if we find the uniqueness of Malta, we can stumble upon some clues.

For those who have an interest in megalithic stone structures and 'sacred sites', here is a point of interest.

Archeologists suspect that humans have lived on Malta since 5200 BC.

About 1600 years after their arrival they began to erect monstrous megalithic temples.

Around 2300 BC the culture went into rapid decline.

The causes of the collapse seem to echo the same problems that continue to repeat throughout the world's history and are still prevalent in today's world. Deforestation, depleted soils due to agricultural methods, famine, social disruption due to oppressive religion, and foreign invaders.

Remains of 50 temples have been found on Malta and its near-by islands.

The artifacts of the temples indicate ancestor worship, fertility goddess cults, and oracles.

"In addition to their celestial alignments, the Maltese temples also reveal surprising evidences of mathematical and engineering sophistication."

Paleoanthropologists have found evidence of Neanderthal humans on the island.

For some very interesting detailed information on prehistoric Malta and the temples....visit here:

www.sacredsites.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i am from Malta...what is this thread all about?!?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A recurrent theme of the megalithic structures is it's use as a solar calendar as evidenced from Stonehenge to the modern Georgia Guidestones. Another is found here on Malta. Scroll down to "The Solar Calendar" for an explanation and illustration of how it works.

www.megalithics.com...

...Back to the Oct. 25-26 dates:

Samhain is the beginning of the Celtic new year.

Samhain marked the end of the Harvest, the end of the "lighter half" of the year and the beginning of the "darker half". The Celtic solar year was called the circle of Baal and was divided into halves.

This seems to stem from Gaulish origins as the Gaulish calendar divides the year into 2 halves of light (Apr/May) and dark (Oct/Nov).

Samhain was observed around Oct. 31-Nov. 1. (Bear in mind that historically the timing was based on a lunarsolar calendar and not a fixed date.)

Samonios (the Gaulic equivalent of the Irish Samhain) festivities usually last three nights; this depended on the beginning of the lunar cycle which fell nearest to midpoint between autumnal equinox and winter solstice.

The lunations marking the middle of each half-year may have been marked by specific festivals.

I suspect this may be based on the Coligny (Gaulish) calendar. Details of this calendar here: en.wikipedia.org...

Samhain was the time to take stock of the herds and grain supplies and to decide which animals would need to be slaughtered.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

3AM is supposedly the hour of satan

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

I don't understand it too.
But great, I am going to be in Malta in August. I want to ask you what is best way to go from airport to hotel? Do you have bolt, uber or just that alternative www.cool.mt...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: peter991

There is bus service all over the island, but it could be a hassle if you have lots of luggage. You might wish to contact your hotel and ask if they have a recommended way to get there from the airport.

Cheers

top topics

join