It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Box, what would be your choice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ok the choice is, you push the button and someone you don't know dies and you get a million dollars.

What is your choice?

For me, I would have hit the button before the guy got out the final S in someone I don't know dies.

A moral question here.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Laughs.

I have not seen the movie. all I have seen is the trailer where they say what you said, you press it and someone out there dies.

But most likely the movie has it that it is one of them.

Million bucks isn't my price tag. I wouldn't kill my husband or myself off for a mil.

Make it a billion, hell yea I would. And I would actually hope it was me so my family can be secure.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I might do it if the guy who proposed the offer were the one to die because it would piss me off but I doubt it. No, there's no way I'd do it for money.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Think about it, you press a button, you get rich, and someone you don't know dies.

People die every day. People you don't know. People that you have never met.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah it's a lot like modern video game war. It's a lot easier for most to kill from a distance.
Have you ever read about drills in nuclear silo's where the operators just can't push the button? It's a little strange as those people are carefully chosen.

Sorry, back to the million dollar button. It's just against my personal code of conduct which is pretty important to me. A lot of people would push it with a smile on their face and ask if they could push it some more. -To each their own.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There are people out there pushing buttons everyday, some have a million dollars, and some die.

I'd push that button in a New York minute, before someone pushes it for me.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have shaky morals.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It would be on my mind every day and eventually eat me up, there is know way I could do it, I know I could'nt.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Sick and funny. "You didn't let me finish"

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would press the bottun if it was someone i didnt kno, or have ever seen. I wouldnt want to kno i was the one that killed them. And is the Million dollars taxed by the government before i get it? And is the person killed only an adult, or could it be some random baby? Or some little kid in kindergarten just randomly explodes and dies while stating his a.b.cs to the class? Cause that would change it a bit.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
you do know how the movie ends right? it was a twilight zone episode ... where after you pressed the button he gave you the money.... then went to another person and asked the same question ... if they pushed the button you died....

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned but... this very same story was part of an Outer Limits (new) episode that starred Mare Winningham.

Was one of my all time favs.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that given the economy lately lots of folks would hit the button without thinking twice, I know I sure would as that money could go a long way to sorting things out for me, my friend, and family. Whats 1 more death in a world where so many are born and killed each day?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd be more likely to kill the guy with the button, and steal his identity. If he's got a million dollars to spare for that kind of thing, there's bound to be more where that came from.

TA

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't do it, firstly because I think it's wrong to kill someone who might have many more years left to them and secondly because it's possible to get by in the world without so much money.

Plus, supposing the person who died was about to enter your life and be important to you? You might have killed your soul-mate or someone who had a valuable lesson to teach you.

How much richer your life might be for meeting that person, but you'd never know. You'd just have a load of money. And lot's of 'friends' who would never care for the person behind the bank balance.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Nice Ideology.

Id still hit the button faster than the guy could get the last word out.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You press the button...get a million. Some stranger dies.

The box goes to somebody who doesn't know YOU.

They press the button, get a million. YOU (a stranger) die.

Next guy gets the box, presses the button, gets a million, and your killer dies....

So on, and so on...at least that would be my guess on the karmic twist (and if it's anything like the old twilight zone episode this seems to be based on)...

top topics

join