It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facinating! Near Death Experience Leads to Trip Through the Cosmos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Mellen-Thomas Benedict had a near death experience that made my jaw drop reading it because of the descriptions of our universe and life on other planets.
Here is a snippet.

"I asked to see the rest of the Universe; beyond our solar system, beyond all human illusion. The Light then told me that I could go with the Stream. I did, and was carried Through the Light at the End of the Tunnel. I felt and heard a series of very soft sonic booms. What a rush!

Suddenly I seemed to be rocketing away from the planet on this stream of Life. I saw the earth fly away. The solar system, in all its splendor, whizzed by and disappeared. At faster than light speed, I flew through the center of the galaxy, absorbing more knowledge as I went. I learned that this galaxy, and all of the Universe, is bursting with many different varieties of LIFE. I saw many worlds. The good news is that we are not alone in this Universe!

As I rode this stream of consciousness through the center of the galaxy, the stream was expanding in awesome fractal waves of energy. The super clusters of galaxies with all their ancient wisdom flew by. At first I thought I was going somewhere; actually traveling. But then I realized that, as the stream was expanding, my own consciousness was also expanding to take in everything in the Universe!"

Read the WHOLE story here: www.mellen-thomas.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here's a video I put together illustrating almost exactly her description of her experience (Down to even the fractals):

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If you put all that together - Nice work mate!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
That video is way cool! Bravo!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I really enjoy this part:

Gardening and reserves will be the thing in the future. Population increase is getting very close to the optimal range of energy to cause a shift in consciousness. That shift in consciousness will change politics, money, energy.

I can't wait for that. It certainly feels that this is occurring. Oh, what I would give to see that fully manifest.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Thanks for the link Im reading it now and so far rather interesting... Iv read alot of near death articles and they are rather similar accounts...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever read.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Explanation: I can't but help notice the extreme congruence with the Star Maker sci-fi novel written by Olaf Stapledon in the 1930's.

Personal Disclosure: I have totally caned my webbrowser and I refuse to restart at the moment and this has resulted in me not being able to link anything into this post. Try a google search on the writer or the novel OK.

P.S. S&F!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm trying to find some critical arguments against this guy but real info seems to be a bit thin. Such a powerful story, true or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
George Noory interviews Mellon-Thomas Benedict!

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
As an atheist that still considers himself to be "spiritual" this story really speaks to me. Loved to read it and the experience is what I had always felt inside of me as to what we are. Very powerful stuff and encouraging in the sad times we live in. Gives hope for a better future and a better us. S&F

[edit on 11-3-2010 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The brain does some powerful things when it's on the verge of dying. To believe these are anything other than powerful hallucinations is irrational to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sounds like BS to me. A new-age wish fulfillment dream and nothing more.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Touché, sir. I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

The brain does some powerful things when it's on the verge of dying. To believe these are anything other than powerful hallucinations is irrational to say the least.

that's a little hard to accept when people have been proven to be clinically dead. how do you hallucinate when you have no working brain?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

nicely investigated and debunked.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Saw that first video and heard the original Dr Who theme music!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yea would be surprised how spiritual someone becomes say 20 minutes before kicking the Bucket!
www.nderf.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

Because "clinically dead" does not mean "zero brain activity", just that you are not breathing and your blood is not flowing. Your brain is still functioning, albeit going crazy because it's failing, causing wild hallucinations and otherwise breaking down.

Don't tell me what "clinically dead" means, and how hallucinations are impossible when being clinically dead, when you don't even know yourself
That's a bit rich.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
no but i do know that it's not possible for a brain to dream or hallucinate when there is no brain waves or activity at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join