It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baguette Dropped From Bird's Beak Shuts Down The Large Hadron Collider (Really)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
so they spent BILLIONS of dollars contructing a miles wide particle accelerator, but didnt bother to invest in anything to cover areas that need to remain free of debris?
GTFO scientists.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They better add that to the risk register ?!?!?

I hear Strong South Westerly winds can cause havoc with electronics too.

Better luck next time.

similar story here:
www.theage.com.au...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Dont y'all jest lurve it when them crazy signtists gets them's britches in a knot like thee-yuss? Makes me feel rat clevrr to see it, and me only homeschooled up to fifth grade...

Bet none of 'em could castrate a steer worth a damn, hey Mabel?

Oh well, the gibbering of the yokel hordes has never yet held back the march of science.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I don't believe it at all. Any electronics that would be harmed by crumbs dropping on it would be destroyed by any type of water or snow. Anyone not housing the electronic components would have to be an idiot.

Very well said.

I worked at General Motors here in Adelaide, and they gave you a written warning for feeding seagulls because they poop on the cars. If the electronics are exposed, who gave this bird the bread, since it's isolated and has heavy security?

Makes you wonder what some dust or a leaf would do, too...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
In my conspiracy driven mind im driven to believe that the expirements have already taken place, major breakthroughs have taken place. and they have learned all they could from it already. Now every once and while they will say something went wrong, or a bird crapped on that, or the particle itself is coming back from the future to sabotage it.

The proof is in the message the scientist that helped hatch out string theory sent out. Read between the lines. Its being sabotaged, but not from the future... ill tell you that. Why would anyone invest billions to find out the secret of the universe and then tell everyone about it, instead they would harness the power of the information for monetary gain. I mean imagine what they found could possibly change society so much that money is a non factor anymore due to free energy being created. accidently create a stable black hole and be able to box it up and use it to power things? If we didn't have this type of tech already we do now, or are very close to it i believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

So what would Peter Higgs himself make of the intellectual controversy surrounding his eponymous particle? Speaking on behalf of his friend, Professor Richard Kenway, who holds Higgs' former position at the University of Edinburgh, says that the 78-year-old emeritus professor remains quietly confident that the LHC will discover the Higgs boson when it is eventually running at full strength. For his part, Kenway says the LHC's delays are to be expected given the size and intricacy of the $9 billion experiment. And he says if he ever needs further proof that the Higgs boson is not abhorrent to nature, he need only spend time with his friend and mentor. "If nature truly did not want us to discover the Higgs, a cosmic ray would have zapped the embryo that became Peter, preventing its development into a physicist," he says.

LHC hit by a bird from the future?

I gotta say that last part of the story makes me say that there is no conspiracy here. If it was such a big deal/scary story why not take out the main "problem"? No conspiracy here, just wasted tax payers dollars again.

-Sliadon

top topics

<< 1   >>

join