It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis Doctor’s Letter to Senator Bayh about Healthcare Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

On Sun, 8/9/09, > wrote:
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 6:23 PM
Here is some information with regard to the health care bill in the House right now from a physician who has read the 1000 pages. He only emphasizes how the physician will be affected, but this is so important. Please read.
Subject: Fw: Indianapolis Doctor’s Letter to Senator Bayh about Healthcare Bill
Date: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 6:03 PM
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 1:32 PM
Subject: Fw: Indianapolis Doctor’s Letter to Senator Bayh about Healthcare Bill
Forward I received from your sister…
Here is a letter I sent to Senator Bayh. Feel free to copy it and send it around to our other representatives.

I ask you respectfully and as a patriotic American to look at the following troubling lines that I have read in the bill. You cannot possibly believe that these proposals are in the best interests of the country and our fellow citizens.

Page 22 of the HC Bill: Mandates that the Govt will audit books of all employers that self insure!!

Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill: YOUR HEALTH CARE IS RATIONED!!!

Page 42 of HC Bill: The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

Page 50 Section 152 in HC bill: HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

Page 58 HC Bill: Govt will have real-time access to individuals finances & a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Page 59 HC Bill lines 21-24: Govt will have direct access to you ur banks accounts for elective funds transfer.

Page 65 Sec 164: is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community organizations: (ACORN).

Page 84 Sec 203 HC bill: Govt mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange.

Page 85 Line 7 HC Bill: Specifications for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Govt will ration your Healthcare!

Page 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill: Govt mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example – Translation: illegal aliens.

Page 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18: The Govt will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Govt HC plan.

Page 85 Line 7 HC Bill: Specifications of Benefit Levels for Plans. AARP members – your Health care WILL be rationed.

Page 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill: Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.

Page 124 lines 24-25 HC: No company can sue GOVT on price fixing. No “judicial review” against Govt Monopoly.

Page 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill: Doctors/ American Medical Association – The Govt will tell YOU what you can make! (salary)

Page 145 Line 15-17: An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE!

Page 126 Lines 22-25: Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families.

Page 149 Lines 16-24: ANY Employer with payroll 401k & above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.

Page 150 Lines 9-13: Business’s with payroll btw 251k & 401k who doesn’t provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.>
Page 167 Lines 18-23: ANY individual who doesn’t have acceptable HC according to Govt will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Page 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill: Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

Page 195 HC Bill: Officers & employees of HC Admin (GOVT) will have access to ALL Americans finances /personal records.

Page 203 Line 14-15 HC: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax” Yes, it says that!

Page 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill: Govt will reduce physician services for Medicaid Seniors, low income and poor are affected.

Page 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill: Doctors, doesn’t matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the same!

Page 253 Line 10-18: Govt sets value of Doctor’s time, proffession, judgment etc. Literally value of humans.

Page 265 Sec 1131: Govt mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries.

Page 268 Sec 1141: Federal Govt regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.

Page 272 SEC. 1145: TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS – Cancer patients – welcome to rationing!
Page 280 Sec 1151: The Govt will penalize hospitals for whatever Govt deems preventable re-admissions.

Page 298 Lines 9-11: Doctors, treat a patient during initial admission that results in a re-admission -Govt will penalize you.

Page 317 L 13-20: PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Govt tells Doctors what/how much they can own!

Page 317-318 lines 21-25, 1-3: PROHIBITION on expansion- Govt is mandating hospitals cannot expand.

Page 321 2-13: Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception BUT community input is required. Can u say ACORN?!!

Page 335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339: Govt mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing.

Page 341 Lines 3-9: Govt has authority to disqualify Medicare Advance Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing people into Govt plan.

Page 354 Sec 1177: Govt will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people! Unbelievable!

Page 379 Sec 1191: Govt creates more bureaucracy – Tele-health Advisory Comittee. Can you say HC by phone?

Page 425 Lines 4-12: Govt mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life patients.

Page 425 Lines 17-19: Govt will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!

Page 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3: Govt provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death. (assisted suicide)

Page 427 Lines 15-24: Govt mandates program for orders for end of life. The Govt has a say in how your life ends.

Page 429 Lines 1-9: An “advanced care planning consultant” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

Page 429 Lines 10-12: “advanced care consultation” may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOVT!

Page 429 Lines 13-25: The govt will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

Page 430 Lines 11-15: The Govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life!

Page 469: Community Based Home Medical Services = Non-profit organizations. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here!!?

Page 472 Lines 14-17: PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORIGINATION. 1 monthly payment 2 a community-based organization. Like ACORN?

Page 489 Sec 1308: The Govt will cover Marriage & Family therapy. Which means they will insert Govt into your marriage.
Page 494-498: Govt will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services.

Senator, I guarantee that I personally will do everything possible to inform patients and my fellow physicians about the dangers of the proposed bills you and your colleagues are debating.

Furthermore, If you vote for a bill that enforces socialized medicine on the country and destroys the doctor/patient relationship, I will do everything in my power to make sure you lose your job in the next election.

in-ra.org...

More, and more we keep seeing that this "healthcare reform" will in no way, shape or form help Americans. In fact it just puts the health of Americans at the hands of the state.

We should be protesting and demanding for this "healthcare reform" to be wiped from existance...

Give affordable healthcare without the state being in control, and having the state choose whether or not patients should have treatments, or operations, instead of "keep getting the pill." That sort of decision should be left to the Doctor, and patient, not to the state.

I don't know how many times those who back this healthcare reform have claimed that "the state is not going to be in control" when we have heard their plans from the beginning right from President Obama's mouth. But i guess these people just want to believe what they want to believe, even when they hear it, or read it directly from those who want this "healthcare reform."

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
On another note, here is a good video to watch.

Do yourselves a favor and watch this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That list includes eveything that the governemnt and the health insurers already do. Every insurance policy has caps and limits to treatment. Illegals can walk into any emergency and get free healthcare. The government already knows everything about your finances. Medicaid will be rendered unneccesary under a universal or public option. Insurance companies already dictate what doctors will get paid. Hopspice is equivelant to end of life care.

If anything this doctor is making arguments against the current healthcare system. I love the part where he warns that if you are on medicare you may be force into the public plan. Duh. You are already on a public plan.

I do know that if I was currently seeing this doctor, I would stop, as most likely he is one of the very doctors abusing the system for his own windfall gains.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

All I need to know about the public option is that it will bankrupt the nation. Plus, there is just something wrong about making people by insurance or be fined or go to prison. That is just unAmerican.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

People like you will make any excuse to accept this...

It is not the same by a longshot to what we have. Today even doctors can help people when the insurance that pays them tries to save money. You know why I know? Because my doctor, the one who is being paid by Worker's Comp is going against the wishes of Worker's comp, and they are trying to bypass his recommendations by sending me to other doctors because they don't want to approve a surgery that can help me....

Under the Obama care healthcare reform doctors will be fined if they defile the wishes of worker's comp/the state.

Not to mention that under Obama care the STATE dictates whether patients should have treatments, surgeries, or just continue to take pills, if it is not economically viable...

If you think that the healthcare is bad now, it will only be worse when it becomes Obamacare.

BTW, i can see that criticism of any policies of Obama still find it's way to the "forum where disease, and plague that is plaguing the website is being contained"....

I guess the Obama administration has done it's job in dismissing criticism towards them...even when I thought this website was immune to the Obama mania...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
While I have made a wise call to stay out of the US health care debate I really do feel that I need to make a point . Here in New Zealand our care system is more akin to the NHS then that of the system in the US and it doesnt involve access to people bank accounts or tax audits . Of course the same idealogical arguments could be made against our system and it is not without its flaws . The US social and economic model is so differnt from that of the rest of the western world that comparisons between the two are unwise .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

There is a retort which has a lot more meat and specifics just below on your link

The guys sounds like Bill or Ted

thecaptain38
August 25th, 2009 at 2:17 pm
First of all this letter to our esteemed Senator is full of bunk. I’ve only gotten through half of it thus far… Let’s discuss REAL ISSUES that need to be addressed like tort reform, cost containment etc etc.

Page 22 of the HC Bill: Mandates that the Govt will audit books of all
employers that self insure!!

BOGUS – The text of the bill reads, “The Commissioner, in coordination with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of Labor Secretary of Labor, shall conduct a study of the large group insured and self-insured employer health care markets. There is no mention of audits.

Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill – THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides
what treatments/benefits you get.

BOGUS – The text of the bill reads” IN GENERAL.—There is established a private-public advisory committee which shall be a panel of medical and other experts to be known as the Health Benefits Advisory Committee to recommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced, and premium plans.” There is no mention of treatment procedures or policies.

Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill: YOUR HEALTH CARE IS RATIONED!!!

BOGUS – Rationing could be defined as the controlled distribution of resources and goods or services.

This section of the bill deals with cost sharing and co-payments and annual limitations, The text of the bill says, “The cost-sharing incurred under the essential benefits package with respect to an individual (or family) for a year does not exceed the applicable level specified in subparagraph.” It is then defined as $5,000 per individual and $10,000 per family each year.

The setting of co-payments and coverage limitations is a standard procedure for all medical health plans.

Page 42 of HC Bill:The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC
Benefits for you. You have no choice!

BOGUS – According to the text of the bill, the commissioner’s duties include the establishment and enforcement of “qualified health benefits plan standards”. The list of his duties also includes the “establishment and operation of a Health Insurance Exchange” and accountability. Nowhere does it limit choice of insurers, providers etc etc.

Page 50 Section 152 in HC bill: HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens,
illegal or otherwise

DOUBLE BOGUS – Section 152 is a discrimination clause that basically said that all health services “covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services.” Citizenship is not mentioned.

Yes he did say DOUBLE BOGUS

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Bogus is a word, Bogus was a word before Bill and Ted. I think it is a relevant word to use in the letter, it only seems "not proper" because we live our lives in a bubble of mindless entertainment.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Did you read the further response of the next poster? That poster you excerpted from didn't read the report. He just read the first couple sentences, and left out the parts that specify what the doctor is saying.

The next poster that is responding to the denier, shows that the doctor is right.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is part of the response from the next poster in that link.

interested bystander
August 26th, 2009 at 9:49 pm
Hey All,

A reply is in order to the comment from thecaptain38

When the doctor points out that employers will be audited thecaptain38 commented:

“BOGUS – The text of the bill reads, “The Commissioner, in coordination with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of Labor Secretary of Labor, shall conduct a study of the large group insured and self-insured employer health care markets. There is no mention of audits.”

Well isn’t it ironic that you didn’t read a little further. You failed to post this in your comment which is the language right AFTER you stopped quoting it (this is on page 22):

“Such study shall examine the following:
(A) The types of employers by key characteristics, including size, that purchase insured products versus those that self-insure.
(B) The similarities and differences between typical insured and self-insured health plans.
(C) The financial solvency and capital reserve levels of employers that self-insure by employer size.
(D) The risk of self-insured employers not being able to pay obligations or otherwise becoming financially insolvent.
(E) The extent to which rating rules are likely to cause adverse selection in the large group market or to encourage small and mid size employers to self-insure”

Notice the words “financial solvency”? Isn’t that another phrase for “audit”?

Funny how some people only read part of the bill.

Then when the doctor points out that there will be a committee that decides benefits thecaptain38 comments this:

“BOGUS – The text of the bill reads” IN GENERAL.—There is established a private-public advisory committee which shall be a panel of medical and other experts to be known as the Health Benefits Advisory Committee to recommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced, and premium plans.” There is no mention of treatment procedures or policies.”

Again thecaptain38 simply does not read further in the bill where it states THIS on page 32:

“(1) RECOMMENDATIONS ON BENEFIT STANDARDS.—The Health Benefits Advisory Committee shall recommend to the Secretary of Health and Human Services (in this subtitle referred to as the ‘‘Secretary’’) benefit standards (as defined in paragraph (4)), and periodic updates to such standards. In developing such recommendations, the Committee shall take into account innovation in health care and consider how such standards could reduce health disparities.”

Notice where it says this committee recommends benefit standards? This would be “procedures or policies”.

Then thecaptain38 comments this about rationing:

“BOGUS – Rationing could be defined as the controlled distribution of resources and goods or services.

This section of the bill deals with cost sharing and co-payments and annual limitations, The text of the bill says, “The cost-sharing incurred under the essential benefits package with respect to an individual (or family) for a year does not exceed the applicable level specified in subparagraph.” It is then defined as $5,000 per individual and $10,000 per family each year.

The setting of co-payments and coverage limitations is a standard procedure for all medical health plans.”

But it doesn’t say what happens when an individual or family can’t pay the 5 or 10 grand.

The title of this section is “Annual Limitation”. That would suggest rationing.

I would point you to anyone on Medicare, and ask them if their care isn’t rationed? Unless you can come up with some serious out of pocket cash, or have a supplement plan to medicare, your benefits are rationed. No doubt about it.

thecaptain38 continues his comments with this about the Health Choices Commissioner:

“BOGUS – According to the text of the bill, the commissioner’s duties include the establishment and enforcement of “qualified health benefits plan standards”. The list of his duties also includes the “establishment and operation of a Health Insurance Exchange” and accountability. Nowhere does it limit choice of insurers, providers etc etc.”

You posted the exact language that shows that the Commissioner will set the choices.

Geesh thecaptain38, what do you think establishing “qualified health benefit standards” are? That would be telling a provider what they MUST cover. No where in this part of the letter does the doctor say anything about insurers, or providers. What the doctor was commenting was that there will be a Commissioner who will set benefits. The doctor is correct.

Then when the doctor pointed out that non citizens will be covered, thecaptain38 responds:

“DOUBLE BOGUS – Section 152 is a discrimination clause that basically said that all health services “covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services.” Citizenship is not mentioned.”

Page 50 of the bill states this:

“(A) the requirements of this title do not supercede any requirements (including requirements relating to genetic information nondiscrimination and mental health) applicable under title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act or under State law, except insofar as such requirements prevent the application of a requirement of this division, as determined by the Commissioner;”

So again, the doctor is correct. This provision does not allow discrimination because someone is in the Country illegally.

in-ra.org...

The doctor is right. The first responder just didn't bother to read what really matters.

top topics

join