It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate Tournament: Member Discussion

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Congratulation to S-dog! Your posts on the championship thread are truely a masterwork; I'm disappointed I won't get to read what would have doubtlessly been an exquisit closing statement.

Perhaps some discussion regarding restructuring of debate tournaments is in order? Multi-round marathons just don't seem to work without a coherent and reenforcing center of hyper-involved participants. A move towards a more 'ADD-friendly' format might help -- perhaps the members would enjoy one-round 'mini-tournaments' with more range than a win/lose judgement in each debate. Something like a ten-point performance rating? The two highest-ranking performance from a large first round could compete for all the marbles in a second-round championship, with side-show debates for second and third place as motivation and interest allow.

Chissler, thanks for keeping this going!

[edit on March 28th 2010 by Ian McLean]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terribly disappointed in the manner that this tournament played itself out.

The staff that are involved in the debate forum are currently working on some ideas to improve our system and as we make changes we will certainly keep our fighters in the loop.

new topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join