It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't watch the skies in Italy. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What is going on? I am on the third page of webcams in Italy and they have all stopped on 4-11-2009 if they work at all. Why?

OK. I am looking at webcams in Italy because of the video which shows an interview in italian about a slew of UFO sightings in Italy. I was going about the regular routine and came upon this.

www.realufos.net...
then
www.realufos.net...

I put two and two together and thought I would take a peek. So I check the cams in Italy first through Earthcam and nearly all of them have their last image taken on this same date in april. Does one company control them all? Is this normal for an entire country to go offline on the same day?

Check it out and tell me what you think.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by catseyequeen]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
4-11-2009... you mean today?

4th day of the 11th Month of the year 2009.

4th November 2009... European common sense

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well, ATS uses the same format, which is actually wrong.

Dates should be in sorting order. YMD
Easier to read, easier to sort, just plane easier period.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by catseyequeen

Thanks for sharing:
let me count: one, two three, four...
realufos.net has something like TWENTY ads on a single page, besides it's NOT the original source, just copied and pasted another article, coming from here, which is neither the original source, since the article was firstly published here:
UFO spotted in Agrigento skies.
Credits: Accursio Soldano

The pictures in question are this one and this one, and the translation of the original article roughly says:

September 26, 2009:
in the area of Monserrato, between Porto Empedocle and Agrigento, some sudden black out occured. But the sky was clear. Around 21 appeared in the sky a ball of light, one of those that are usually called UFOs, unidentified flying objects. The images, taken by a former policeman in the police station in Agrigento, Gaetano Castellano, now retired, remained in the drawer until now. "Speaking of UFOs is not easy" he told us "we might not be believed, but certainly what we saw was not a plane, because, soon after, has passed an airplane and we could see very well the difference: it would be interesting to know whether the captain of the aircraft, in its report, pointed out something odd". The object in the sky was gray and silver and was particularly visible due to the lack of enlighteening: the it began to move, then it banked, finally quickly vanished. The strange thing is that tonight, and at that time, power was on everywhere but the area of the sighting.

First, rather than wondering whether the pilot did spot it or not, it would be a better idea to contact ENEL, the national power company, and ask for the reasons of the black-out, just in order to rul out any possible connection between the two events.
Second, both pictures are definately inconclusive: there are no grounded points of reference, and the second one can be litterally everything, including light bulbs, post lamps, the moon, some star, some planet, my cat wearing some led, etc.
According to EXIF data the pictures were taken with a Canon DIGITAL IXUS 90 IS, exposure, 1/8 sec, f/4.9 | ISO 200, on September 25, 2009: they were somehow manipulated with Picasa, but i don't think they were photoshopped.
I could try to contact the journalist who made the original article, and ask for more informations: for example, if the alleged object was spotted by anyone else.

top topics

join