It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda: A View of the U.S. through Russia's Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A friend of mine sent me a link to the Pravda Website and told me to look at the the Russians are saying about us. I thought it was something that I could bring everyone's attention to here at ATS.

This is probably a mixture of truth along with propaganda just like all the MSM around the world. The problem with this is: Majority of people in Russia probably feel this way about us. As many of us do... we tend to look at other countries and judge them by their political system. Apparently, other people around the world do the same thing to us...

Russian Prepares to Attack Russian in 3 or 4 years

“I would also like to pay your attention to the fact that the US Military Academy at West Point has recently launched extensive courses to study the Russian culture and language. They started teaching the Iraqi culture and the Arab language three years before invading Iraq. “Washington is also interested in the energy sources of the Caspian Sea. The bases will probably be established in Romania and Bulgaria to secure the transportation of the Caspian oil and gas,” the expert concluded.

Keep Your Hands Inside the Coast, We Area At the Top of the Second Hill

Now for the Yanks. The Americans, more so than any others are about to find out the shocking truth of their paper debt economy. Most prosperous nation on earth indeed. Biggest mooch and beggar and debtor to every third world country, does not make a nation "prosperous". Unlike 1929, America is not a loaner of cash, though it still gives it out to various puppets and fascists and Marxists around the world, oh my. Instead, it is the biggest debtor in all of history of human civilization. Furthermore, unlike 1929, it is not a net exporter of but an importer of everything short of the tanks, bombers (but not of the bullets and handguns) and heavy equipment. It must now import even food from China and Latin America. With the holiday sales about to prove as absolute a flop as possible, we will know by mid November for sure, the US can look forward to mass unemployment come January/February 2010, that no amount of DC papering over can solve or hide.

Sweat Shop Conditions in US Cities

The report documented flagrant workplace violations, core protections most Americans take for granted, including a guaranteed minimum wage, overtime pay, regular meal and other breaks, worker compensation for on-the-job injuries, and the right to bargain collectively for better wages, benefits, and working conditions. Overall, the study found widespread labor law violations, including: -- below minimum wage pay;
-- unpaid overtime;
-- denial of meal and other breaks;
-- illegal pay deductions;
-- tip stealing for tipped workers;
-- illegal employer retaliation against workers demanding their rights or attempting to form a union; and
-- some workers denied legal protection by being classified as independent contractors.
Workplace violations varied by industry and job type. Abuses were most common in apparel and textile manufacturing, personal and repair services, and private household employment. They were much lower in residential construction, social assistance, education, and home health care, and somewhat frequent at restaurants, retail and grocery stores, and warehouses.

Barack Obama and the Flying Circus

And, in addition to all “amusement” by Obama and his extravaganza, on October 9, 2009, for his extraordinary global entertainment, Barack Obama got a present from his circus-men: his first Nobel Peace Prize. Yet, what Obama’s circus-man did not know is that for the extraordinary entertainment one does not receive Nobel Peace Prize, one receives Academy Award-the Oscar or the Emmy, among other movie awards. It appears circus-men were late for the Oscar, as the Oscar was played on February 22, 2009; therefore they went to present him with the Nobel Prize instead.

US Diplomat spotted at Illegal Assembly in Moscow

The news comes from popular Russian blogger Norvezhsky Lesnoy, who caught the man waving his diplomatic ID at policemen on camera. It lists him as “R.K. Bond, Second Secretary, Vice-Consul of the Embassy of the United States of America”. The diplomatic ID close-up, rotated for sake of convenience. He was reportedly detained along with over 50 other participants of the rally and was consequently released.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Pravda is the National Enquirer of Russia. This is not the view Russians share of the U.S.

Most people on ATS entirely discount anything from Pravda or Sorcha Faal!

Just FYI.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I didn't know that about Pravda... Good to know in the future. I wasn't sure if it was a good Alternative News Source.

Thank you for the heads-up!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Exactly, that is one of the most ridiculous sites around..

Especially that sisters of Sorcha Faal group of writers.

They actually completely make up news and then somehow sensationalize it to make it so unbelievable that people believe it because they couldn't imagine a publication doing such a strange thing.

Nonsense.. want to find out how Russians feel about the US? Get in touch with one online. They disliked it during the Bush years, as with most of the rest of that side of the atlantic but now, like everyone else, have warmed back up. The thing they dislike the most about the US is the general stereotypes ye use about them.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
HA,....

They didn't get THESE stories first though.

A much more upmarket and reputable news source did.

www.crikey.com.au...

omniclimate.files.wordpress.com...

www.newyorkology.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
WEll, I am an American living in Moldova and I have an American business partner in Moscow and I am there frequently. So you want to know what Russians I know and am in contact with think?

Here are some of the questions and comments I get:

"So how are things in New Africa?"
"We got rid of communism a few years ago, what the hell are you people thinking?"
"Durak" (referring to Obama - a term for a someone with no sense)
"You know the men in the Kremlin are still laughing since he (Obama) was here"
"Americans have lost their mind"

Far as I am concerned we have 535 idiots on Capitol hill, 1 in the White House and 9 in the Supreme Court who are using the constitution for toilet paper.

top topics

join