It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we had to rebuild our soceity after a diaster what would we change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am not saying this going to happen. Yet there is enough tension in this world with everything that is going. Whether by nature or by force eventually over civilzation will face a major diaster again. How would you suggest to rebuild society/civilzation to make it better than before?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

in the utopian society you describe, eliminate the need for greed. Greed seems to be the underlying problem with every conflict we encounter. I think it really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Start a new society where currency does not exist. Where all the needs of everyone are met. Why should we pay for anything when we are born on this planet? Money divides... No money, no division! Everyone brings to the society what they are good at. You give a bit of time, and all your needs are met.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There's another important aspect to not having currency. There's one major problem we as members of our society have. We are virtually skill-less. We make nothing ourselves, everything we think we need is supplied for us in identical rows in shops, and we take our money in and pay a large company to give us things so we don't have to make them ourselves.

There's a lot of talk about stock piling food and water on the board. What about stock piling knowledge? Right now, everything's up and running. We have power, water, internet, etc. We should be using the internet not to bitch and complain about some prophecy that hasn't come to pass in the way we thought it would, and instead we should be using sites like www.instructables.com... to learn new skills. It's all well and good having a stockpile of food, but how are you going to cook it? Your little camping gas fire will only work for so long. An open fire would work, but it's not the most efficient, and it's not very handy for baking bread.

There are ways of getting what you need in an efficient, beneficial way that doesn't harm nature, but infact helps it. In any new society we should put every effort into living in step with nature, rather than destroying it to make room for our growth.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Survival Skills would be very helpful indeed. I agree we may have a time when we do not have our modern conviences.
I also agree that if society crumbles money would be useless so why not work and get your needs meet.
We need to build a society that you can have your dream without killing yourself pratically.
we need to say goodbye the 40 hour weekdays and the credit scams.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Change the definition and rules regarding corporations:
1. Corporations are not individual persons--stop allowing them to act like it under any/all circumstances.
2. From top to bottom, corps need to be structured as little democratic republics, not fascist dictatorships. The corp owners and CEOs are the decadent evil "elite" we always complain about. Strip these hitler-wannabes of their ability to run around like unchecked power kings and the world will change for the better.
3. If crimes are committed within the corporation, the corp as a whole "goes to jail" and becomes unprofitable. No more of this nonsense where a corp offers up a fall guy and then continues marching down their same destructive path, screwing up the entire world for their immediate profit.

More could be said here, I'm sure.

new topics

top topics

join