It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania places all hospitals under quarantine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

BUCHAREST, Nov. 2 (Xinhua) -- Romania's Health Ministry Monday decided to place under quarantine all hospitals in the country, announced State Secretary Adrian Streinu-Cercel.

According to him, separate emergency wards will be opened to exclusively treat people with flu symptoms.

Starting this week, antiviral medicines will be delivered to hospitals, which will also get additional funding for purchasing surgical masks and disinfectants

Link to full article

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Vaccinations to START November 26?
Stupid and pointless...
the wave will have passed before they realize they are under water.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Romanian Time: Hospitals under quarantine to avoid the spread of swine flu

Hospitals under quarantine to prevent spread of swine flu Mediafax All Romanian hospitals were under quarantine in order to prevent the spread of swine flu, health authorities announced today (Mon). A total of 128 new cases of swine flu have been registered in the last 72 hours, bringing the total number to 555, with no fatalities. Health Ministry Secretary of State Adrian Streinu-Cercel said the measure to place all hospitals under quarantine translated into fewer patient visits and fewer medical staff. The ministry will start distributing anti-viral medicines to the infections diseases units at county hospitals and assign 6.4 million lei (27 million lei) to hospitals in areas hit by the new flu for the purchase of surgical masks and disinfectant. Streinu-Cercel also said Romania had 400,000 doses of anti-viral medicine and would soon purchase another 1,375,000 doses. He added the ministry had scrapped plans to buy one million doses of swine-flu vaccine from foreign producers because they would have been ready only in the first quarter of 2010. Romania will begin a vaccination campaign against swine flu on November 26/27 using vaccine produced by the Cantacuzino Institute. The first 1.3 million doses will be given to medical staff and high school and university students in the eastern city of Iasi and capital city Bucharest. Other doses of vaccine will be given to border police staff deployed mainly along Romania's border with Ukraine.

It is important to note that there are no deaths. This just looks like a precaution and probably an overreaction but one thing is for sure it has sold plenty of extra doses of anti-viral meds to Romania
The money making continues for big pharma.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Also, what is important, is taking the vaccine AFTER you have had the flu is pointless, I just have a feeling that people think the FluJab should be taken regardless even if you have had the SwineFlu...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Romania is producing its own vaccine, and sources from inside the government say they won't be buying any vaccines from outside of the country. So no money for the big pharma. The institute that produces the vaccine in Romania is state owned.

As for the vaccination campaign starting too late... Only a few hundred people out of a population of 22 million had the flu until now. So no, its not too late if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

"The vaccine produced at the Cantacuzino Institute is ten times cheaper than imported, so that Romania preferred to await the outcome of domestic product, and not make use of the product abroad, said former Health Minister John Bazac. "....Ministry of Health has refused international offers of vaccines, because the price demanded was 10 times the cost of romanian vaccine.
"We have received offers from the companies, in mid-summer, but booking site on the list for each dose of vaccine costs 2 euros. Output at the Cantacuzino Institute costs 0.92 cents per dose of vaccine. And one dose of vaccine imported contains only half the dose of vaccine produced at the Cantacuzino Institute. And costs 4.7 euros, plus € 2 booking. So what we bought with 5 million euros from Cantacuzino Institute, we have to pay 50 million'to foreign companies", said John Bazac.
Former Minister of Health said that Romania is lagging behind compared to other countries with vaccination, a similar situation exists in Italy. "Neither in Italy did not start because missing vaccination permission to distribute the vaccine on the market. And in Italy there were 13 deaths, including two in the last 24 hours'", said John Bazac.
Ministry of Health intended just to buy imported one million doses of vaccine, but later withdrew.
"When the assessment was to import, it was found that it will be need at least eight weeks to arrive on Romania. No longer point since the November 26, at the latest, the vaccine will be ready at Cantacuzino Institute", said interim Health Minister,Adrian Videanu. At this time, medical authorities have supervised over 500 people in 24 counties and Bucharest.
This is a translation from a news-net.
www.realitatea.net... tul-vaccinului-romanesc_655097.html
I live in Italy and I spoke with some friends of mine from Romania, they told me that on TV media the news with swineflu make rise the hair on the back, here in Italy they already called "swineflu psichose"
I think they push us to take so damnned flu shot.
My daughter have flu simptoms, but is not A H1N1, she's in cure at home.
Cheers. Vasco

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My GF is Romanian, her sister works in a Hospital outside Bucharest.

She said that its only mainly Bucharest so far has quarentined its hospitals, but this is extending to hotels and public places, alot of celebrities and public figures out there are infected....

There have been a few deaths, mainly children so far.

They had an massive virus outbreak in the chicken population not long ago too, they culled all the quarentined chickens to prevent any more spreading.

The thing wtih Romania is that the govenment is charging the owners of hotels/holiday destinations for the vaxine, if they dont pay, they cannot open, they cannot also leave their houses.. if they do they get fined and arrested for "purposly spreading the disease".

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have a very strong feeling that this is at least partially in response to the outbreaks of unknown virus/pnuemonic plague in Ukraine. After all, Ukraine shares borders with Romania. Just look at a map of Eastern Europe.

The government probably does not want to create mass panic by saying this is a preventative measure against the Ukrainian outbreak (in my opinion it is a bio-weapon that was released in Ukraine by Baxter), but if that outbreak spreads to Romania they are indeed going to need as much hospital room as possible.

NEXUS

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jdmjam

jdmjam, if what you say about the massive flu outbreak in chickens is true, this only confirms my fears more. Chickens would be infected by Avian flu (H5N1), which i believe has been bio-engineered and hybridized with the H1N1 flu to create a "super-virus", if you will.

Keep in mind this is only my opinion, based off of some research that I have done into the true nature of H1N1...

IF you are interested in my theory, please check out my thread about it: What's Really Happening with H1N1

I mean it to be a collaborative thread, so please everyone help out!

Peace,
NEXUS

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Things are very foggy in Romania. Mass media "screams" about more and more cases, pointing to Iasi city and to Bucharest, but there are no clear confirmed cases.

Cantacuzino Institute ( they have the labs were all cases are confirmed or not) did not publish any figures about confirmed cases!

almost 3 months ago we had quite a scandal regarding one presumed A/H1N1 case; the Health Minister (HM) said the man was positive for new flu virus and that they have sent the probes to the lab ( Cantacuzino) and the lab said they did not received any sample to analyse. The HM said that they sent the samples to a lab in UK .. but no documents could prove it.

The way it looks right now, Romania "swine flu show" is almost 100% fabricated and has strong connections with elections and with big pharma; the Health State Secretary dr. streinu is known for tight connections with pharma companies.

Few things deserve some more attentions:
- Iasi county is "famous" for year by year epidemics of respiratory diseases, especially for pneumonia and ILI. Iasi is one of the most important academic centers of the country ( Microsoft uses to hire many graduates from one of the faculties in Iasi. ). There are a lot of foreign students there.
- Bucharest is in the same situation.
- cpcbt.ispb.ro... Your see here the situation for previous week ( Week 44):
FLU (gripa) - 178 cases, 125 admited to hostpital, 0 deaths. 174 cases are considered to be A/H1N1.

ATTENTION: in Romania the medical drugs are expensive and the average income very low, the only way you can be treated free of charge is if you get addmited in a hospital. This is very easy to be done: you bribe the doctor at the ER with something like 10-15 euro and you are admitted in the hospotal.

Pneumonia - 15071 cases, 3054 admitted to a hospital, 7 deaths
IACRS - stands for infections of the superior respiratory system , the equivalent of ILI and all laryngitis etc - 70097 cases, 2954 admitted to hospital, 0 deaths.

top topics

join