It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a line in your ear mean you'll have a heart attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My mom used to tell me this and I just noticed a line in my husbands ear.

I'm worried now that he's going to have a heart attack with all the stress he's endured lately.

Is this a folk tale or is it true????

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
what kind of line? can you take a pic ?
never heard of it...
why dont you call your mom and ask her?

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by TheSwordMaster]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
no.

We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribue to the discussion.
Your post has been determined to be too short. Please use your browser's back button and add to your message.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not an urban legend, but a diagnostic tool:
www.naturomed.com...

There is a correlation between some earlobe creasing (not the kind caused by heavy earrings) and cardiovascular disease.

The explaination:

Recently the presence of a diagonal crease on the earlobe has been shown to correlate very well with the degree of atherosclerosis. The earlobe is richly vascularized, and a decrease in blood flow over a period of time is believed to result in collapse of the vascular bed. This leads to a diagonal earlobe crease. The earlobe appears to be a better predictor of heart disease than any known risk factor, including age, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, elevated cholesterol levels and others. While the presence of an earlobe crease does not prove heart disease, it strongly suggests it. If you have this crease, begin a programme to reverse the atherosclerotic process. This correlation does not work with Orientals and Native Americans.

new topics

top topics

join