It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Alert: 7 month old girl, Chipley, FL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A missing child alert has been issued for a 7 month old little girl named Shannon Lea Dedrick. Shannon is believed to have disappeared from her bed sometime between 3 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday morning. Shannon’s family lives in Chipley, FL in the Florida panhandle.

media.graytvinc.com...

www.fosterfollynews.com...

According to Sheriff Bobby Haddock, (shown at the right with Tommy Ford of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), his department is following up every lead in their search for the child that has been missing since around noon on Saturday.

In a press conference Sunday Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock that nothing at the present makes them think the baby was abducted, but added that the infant “didn’t crawl or walk away.”

www.wctv.tv...

secure.imarcsgroup.com... 6.htm

Birth Date: 3/11/2009
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 2′ 00″
Weight: 11 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

If you have any information that could lead to the whereabouts of little Shannon, please call or email:

FDLE MISSING ENDANGERED PERSONS
INFORMATION CLEARINGHOUSE
1-888-FL MISSING
www.fdle.state.fl.us...

or

Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 850-638-6111

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I hate reading threads like these, (not slating you for posting it, just what it brings out in me) it makes me think of how frantic with worry I'd be if this was a member of my family. And that's a terrible, terrible unbearable place to be. (I'm one of those "empathy" people, I can latch on to other peoples emotions way too easily)

I hope that what ever has happened, is reversed VERY soon, and little baby Shannon can be reunited with her family in the shortest time possible. I dread to think what kind of state they're in right now

edit - it even feels wrong some how to flag and star this thread, like it's some morbid congratulation. But I realise that the more flags it gets, the more people will see it.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My question is - how could any parent not have checked in on their child before 11am in the morning?

I just dont get it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
www.wjhg.com...

There are reports that the mother allegedly confessed to killing the baby and burying her in the woods near a landfill.
But authorities won't confirm those stories.
"We're not going to go into specifics about what she may or may not have said or not said but we're not doing any digging at the old landfill. The old landfill now is being a staging area for the ground teams."

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Since the infamous Susan Smith case and her rise to immediate notoriety, fame and all over every television in the USA a number of mothers for various reasons have killed their children.... They really like that Nancy woman on CNN she can make them instant celebrities.

Fear the copycats.

Some people are actually so hungry for attention that they would do literally anything to get it.

Stop enabling them.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Since the infamous Susan Smith case and her rise to immediate notoriety, fame and all over every television in the USA a number of mothers for various reasons have killed their children.... They really like that Nancy woman on CNN she can make them instant celebrities.

Fear the copycats.

Some people are actually so hungry for attention that they would do literally anything to get it.

Stop enabling them.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Walkswithfish]

*golf clap*

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sheriff’s deputies have been reported to be at the home of Shannon Dedrick’s babysitter, Susan Baker. Susan Baker’s niece has confirmed that Susan is the same woman who was previously implicated in the disappearance of her own stepson in 1987. The boy has never been found.

Sheriff’s deputies were seen blocking the driveway into the home which sits a distance off the road and is not visible from the roadway.

The babysitter of missing infant Shannon Dedrick is reported to be under investigation concerning a potential involvement in the child’s disappearance. The babysitter, Susan Baker, has given an interview to a local newspaper since the story broke. In that interview she claims she had warned the governor, in a letter she wrote this past August, that Shannon “could be in danger”. However, WHJG, channel 7 has revealed that the babysitter and her husband may be the same Susan and James Baker extradited back to South Carolina 9 years ago in connection with the 1987 disappearance of their then 3-year-old son. The child has never been found. The South Carolina Susan Baker was later convicted of abusing the couple’s 6 year old daughter. Police state they have become aware of the babysitter’s potential background and are investigating.

www.newsherald.com...

www.wjhg.com...

www.thehinkymeter.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So is this a case of sick people abusing children over a timespan of a decade or an indication of a conspiracy to child traffic?

It's looking like a case child abuse by some terrible people...which confuses me as to why this thread is on ATS.

I actually can support the idea around the opening post. But now it just seems like a report on the progression of events surrounding such a terrible occurance.

We have CNN for these types of stories, in my opinion.

Edit for grammar.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by TrustMeIKnow]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustMeIKnow
So is this a case of sick people abusing children over a timespan of a decade or an indication of a conspiracy to child traffic?

It's looking like a case child abuse by some terrible people...which confuses me as to why this thread is on ATS.

I actually can support the idea around the opening post. But now it just seems like a report on the progression of events surrounding such a terrible occurance.

We have CNN for these types of stories, in my opinion.

Edit for grammar.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by TrustMeIKnow]

*golf clap*

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
SHE IS ALIVE!

www.nwfdailynews.com...

Found in a box under the babysitter's bed.

THANK YOU WASHINGTON COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Fabulous news!

I'm glad that this little girl is safe and well.

May she live to be a happy, full grown adult lady, with no recolection of these events.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I just saw a pic of that kid. whats up with her head, its HUGE? Downs maybe?

Oh, i remember what it reminded me of now.. Looks just like the Star-Child skull.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock (my newest hero) stated: “I’ll never forget that time as long as I live” in reference to the moment he presented a living, breathing Shannon Dedrick in a press conference. He presented Shannon to the media by stating “We ARE the proud papas of a little girl. This IS Shannon Lea Dedrick.” Sheriff Haddock did not make it through the conference without showing his tears of relief and happiness. I didn’t either. Link to press conference video…

www.newsherald.com...

and P.S. - she is absolutely adorable to me.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That is simply awesome... no matter what happened or who done it, this is GREAT NEWS!

I seen this in my subscribed threads and was expecting to find a different outcome.

After the horrible day I've had driving through Louisiana and Texas today reading the recent updates in this thread made my day.

If your heart does not break at least a bit every time you hear of a missing child then you must not be human.

God bless that baby girl. She deserves a wonderful family and home to grow up in, far away from where she was.

top topics

join