It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI agent says Guantanamo was like ‘animal house,’ says photos show drunken carousing ‘day and

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

The first full-time female FBI agent stationed at the US prison in Guantanamo, Bay, Cuba says she witnessed a drunken “spring break” atmosphere during her tenure — and has photographs to prove it.

In a little noticed complaint Friday, the 43-year-old agent, Theresa Foley, alleges that she experienced a “generally sexist, discriminatory and ‘boys club’ atmosphere” during her time at Camp Delta in Cuba and that she contracted a permanent debilitating disease as a result of being forced to sleep in rat-infested quarters. Foley is suing the Justice Department over her illness and purported sexual harassment.

Other FBI agents, she says, ostracized her because she refused to participate in the alleged carousing. She claims to have attended parties with other FBI agents in which they wore a “mocking imitation of Arab or Afghan attire” and has pictures of “personnel at Guantanamo engaged in drunken carousing in a sexually charged atmosphere, day and night,” including shots of “female employees in bathing suits or revealing attire sitting on the laps of male employees, and female employees being hugged, kissed and likely groped by male employees.”

I can understand the stress of being what essentially is being a prison guard and the need to blow off steam but this, according to this female agent, went way beyond "blowing off steam" and was a breakdown in protocol and unprofessional behavior.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
rawstory.com...

The first full-time female FBI agent stationed at the US prison in Guantanamo, Bay, Cuba says she witnessed a drunken “spring break” atmosphere during her tenure — and has photographs to prove it.

In a little noticed complaint Friday, the 43-year-old agent, Theresa Foley, alleges that she experienced a “generally sexist, discriminatory and ‘boys club’ atmosphere” during her time at Camp Delta in Cuba and that she contracted a permanent debilitating disease as a result of being forced to sleep in rat-infested quarters. Foley is suing the Justice Department over her illness and purported sexual harassment.

Other FBI agents, she says, ostracized her because she refused to participate in the alleged carousing. She claims to have attended parties with other FBI agents in which they wore a “mocking imitation of Arab or Afghan attire” and has pictures of “personnel at Guantanamo engaged in drunken carousing in a sexually charged atmosphere, day and night,” including shots of “female employees in bathing suits or revealing attire sitting on the laps of male employees, and female employees being hugged, kissed and likely groped by male employees.”

I can understand the stress of being what essentially is being a prison guard and the need to blow off steam but this, according to this female agent, went way beyond "blowing off steam" and was a breakdown in protocol and unprofessional behavior.

Can you really understand the stress they are involved in?
What branch were you in that caused your muscles to be tied up in knots for days at a time, worrying about if you were going to ever see your loved ones again or die any second. Or the insults that are tossed at you for performing your duties. In the past, I've blown off alot of steam at various bars and parties, bonding with my crew and other squadrons. I'm not happy about how I acted, but that's a part of growing up, part of becoming responsible. During times of stress, we all digress a little. So lighten up,
and let them blow off some steam.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Violater1]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
During times of stress, we all digress a little. So lighten up,

I don't think it's fair to blow of any steam at the expense of others whether your stressed or not.
She obviously didn't like her employment, especially since she allegedly fell ill because of her 'rat-infested' quarters.

I would like to see these photographs that will prove her alleged story however.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In July she makes these claims and then in September she just says that agents spent a lot of time fishing, diving and partying.

www.thebostonchannel.com...

I think a lot of us do those same things when we aren't working.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
New article about Theresa

FBI agent Theresa Foley to sue agency after contracting disease from rats

I know some here have questioned her story.....I just want to say Ive known Theresa personally for 25 years, she's a good person...one of the greatest people I've even known in my entire life actually....she is not a liar, she has no reason to. Those of you who are insinuating that she is are wrong.

edit on 8-9-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

PART OF GROWING UP???? That's fine, I suppose. But maybe people need to grow the hell up before they get a government job and ask for a paycheck that I'm funding.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

"part of growing up"
Mate she's 43 yrs old!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Can you really understand the stress they are involved in?
What branch were you in that caused your muscles to be tied up in knots for days at a time, worrying about if you were going to ever see your loved ones again or die any second. Or the insults that are tossed at you for performing your duties. In the past, I've blown off alot of steam at various bars and parties, bonding with my crew and other squadrons. I'm not happy about how I acted, but that's a part of growing up, part of becoming responsible. During times of stress, we all digress a little. So lighten up,

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Violater1]

First of all, I don't think the FBI agents or anyone else stationed there have to worry about "if you were going to ever see your loved ones again or die any second." That is a BS excuse for a unit that, if stories coming out of Gitmo are true, has an inexcusable breakdown in discipline.

When our leadership sanctions torture, these are the consequences. It is hard to be the "good guy" and professional when you are a torturing scum bag.

Before you even ask, I was in the Marines. Did I ever blow off steam? Yes. Off duty and away from base, on duty I was a professional. Did I ever torture, molest, rape or sexually harass anyone? No. If I did I would expect my leaders to throw the book at me and I would not respect "apologists" sticking up for me saying I just needed to "blow off some steam".

new topics

top topics

join