It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the world changed or are we seeing it for what it's always been?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
While reading through the headlines and watching the V marathon today, I began to wonder if our race is acting out more with their actions or have they always been this way, but thanks to technology, we're finally seeing the real human race?

For example, Government Leaders of all nations have always looked out for number one and surrounded themselves and their familes with men/women who didn't mind working for "the man" as long as their family wasn't mistreated.

And then history is filled with governments who profess to bring "a better life" to others, but to do so usually comes with the price tag of a war, followed by occupation where curfews are enforced to "protect the good citizens," their cultures are surpressed, and then curfews are lifted, but all through this, the average man and women continued and still go to the same jobs they had before. The only ones who seem to experience the better life are those who head the new governments that are set up.

Finally, there are the individuals who abuse, rape, murder and numerous other things for pleasure, profit, or in the name of "name cause here". Some condemn their actions, others praise it, but is seems to me that most don't react at all and just go about doing the same jobs they've always done silently hoping that nothing never happens to them or theirs.

I tend to believe that the world has always been filled with bad people and most likely always will be as long as we stive to be individuals who want it all. But todays technological advances monitor us at every time and show us what we really are like.

My own family has had people from all the examples above with the possible exception of a Government Leader. Some members think some were saints and other sinners. Then there's me. For most of my life, I've just gone to work and continue doing my job while the world (or governments) around me changes. Each day hoping that nothing bad ever happens to me or mine. But maybe as I get older, I'll find something I really believe in and see the right way to be a positive force in this world. But as it stands right now, I can't see it black and white. Right now it seems to be a battle of the "lesser evil."

[edit on 1-11-2009 by paraclete1]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is the right forum. I thought it was in another one, then noted it was in Conspiracy. If wrong Moderators, please move.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ditto on the V marathon! Reptilian aliens out to destroy the human race...All the great makings of a sci-fi/ats fantasy lol But seriously I have been watching the V marathon all day and about to finish it up... God Bless Sci-Fi

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

I completely agree with you.

Personally, I feel as if we live to make it SEEM that we are living better now than in the past...

While it may be true that the present is better than the past, it is not at all what we truly think it to be.

It is hard for me to explain my real feelings on this matter. The world today has more people who suffer, and more people who can enjoy life.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the world didn't change, you just got older. you no longer see things through naive eyes.

top topics

join