It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government loves "Debunkers" they helped keep the UFO subject buried.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Keep up the good work debunkers...TPTB love you....and they dont even have to pay you...what a deal...

At 1:50 into this interveiw Corso tells it like it is ...if UFOs dont exist then the are no "crashs" He laughs and says they loved the debunkers and "pushed that ahead"
They didnt have to admit to anything since UFOs didnt exist.....

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

I would rather see 1000 spacecraft dismissed by debunkers than to allow even one hoax stand as legitimate.

Hoaxes do more damage to UFO research than debunkers ever could.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
At this rate, chances of aliens disclosure is slim unless aliens themselves go against the government and all show themselves to humans/societies on Earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Debunker or a bunker so to speak, it does not make much difference. Despite the fact that majority of Americans and people in the world believe in the possibility of UFO's and aliens, we still don't see any massive demonstrations or posters being lit up in air yelling for announcement of disclosure or a public out cry.

Earlier today, I devised in my opinion the reason as to why the disclosure would simply not occur and why any public force outside is seen unfit for a potential progress of disclosure.

ATS link

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

I would rather see 1000 spacecraft dismissed by debunkers than to allow even one hoax stand as legitimate.

Well said!

The arrival of some of the better photo/video editing software available to the general public has made this a very relevant issue. It has gotten to the point now where nearly everyone is afraid of being fooled and so every UFO photo or video is immediately dismissed out of hand. And I guess, that does speak to us as a whole because we will, most often, assume that if we could do it, someone else could too... therefore, they did, lol!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The Government loves "Debunkers" they helped keep the UFO subject buried.

To me, that is an absolutely absurd thing to say, and shows that you may have little grasp over how the world really works, and how things can even be kept secret.

Let's just say that the all mighty government that most of you think hold supreme power over all the worlds secrets, can in fact keep a secret. The government would only be worried about this subject becoming mainstream, the media doing regular news-cycles on it, and pestering the president at every news conference about the truth. That's what the government would want to keep from happening. They could care less if a few people on some internet forums or Holllywood make entertainment out of it.

If anyone if doing the "government's job" for them it is the believers and those that follow fools like Greer and Billy (and hundreds of others). The ignorance that flows freely from that side of the fence ensures that this subject is laughable to the average Joe and also ensures that there will never be serious media investigation....because those that have spoken for this subject for years just happen to be the loudest loons of all time.

It's the perpetuated giggle factor born out of personal ignorance plus the lack of common sense, reason and logic that is doing the "government's job", not the "Debunkers".

However, if your talking about the early days of "Ufology", yes there were "debunkers" that helped to keep the lid on things and actually helped to form the giggle factor. The only problem is they stopped that crap years ago on a widespread basis and we continue to perpetuate it every day. And I don't believe they were doing it back then to hide aliens or anything outlandish, but rather out of national security concerns that rested on several things like air defense and communications in time of a possible invasion from our more terrestrial enemies.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

seems like the man has something to sell, and you're buying it.

simply put, if they didnt want it published ot reported on or whatnot, it just wouldn't be.

I think they reply more on the ardent ufo supporters, since then, the other 99.5% of the world won't take it seriously. Let's face it, most of them are whackos, and do nothing to enhance their credibility, and usually quite the opposite.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Thats real intelligent, dismiss 1000 possible cases in fear of one hoax.

Truth can stand on its own ,while a lie will always fall given time.

Contrary to the debunkers beliefs, or disbeliefs everyone that witnesses these siteings, abductions or what have you are not all liars.
In fact most are are ordinary people who just what honest answers on a subject that should not be covered up and suppressed.

Ask yourself why this is being suppressed and go from there, not attack every case as if they are all lieing.

Hundreds of thousands even millions of witnesses can not all be lieing , you cant debunk the truth no matter how hard you try. All you can do is put a spin on it which in the end helps no one but the suppressors.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
Thats real intelligent, dismiss 1000 possible cases in fear of one hoax.

Truth can stand on its own ,while a lie will always fall given time.

Yes, it is a very intelligent way to go about it. If, like you believe, aliens are out there, eventually there will be empirical evidence despite what people that do not believe in aliens would like to believe. So what if 1000 possible contacts get swept under the rug? It's not like there is a finite amount of trips the aliens are going to make.

Also.. why do those lies fall? Because there are people there to question the merit of the claims. That is the real worth of the 'debunkers'. Questioning claims.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
At this rate, chances of aliens disclosure is slim unless aliens themselves go against the government and all show themselves to humans/societies on Earth.

I don't think that currently, been sent too much on the Vrill and have had experiences that fit into both. The federation/confederation is the only ones I am interested in. I think what someone else described as a series of disclosures, or groups that will come forth may be more true, and the first one will be the one we don't really want. Hope I'm wrong. I keep pushing for FREEDOM to fill our skies. Disclosure will bring that, but I've been told before other events happen, the zetans (this is Vrill, and its very connected to the nazis, NASA, groom lake and various bases, including a deep underground one in Finland), will attempt a takeover first.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Unity_99]

top topics

join