It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

Regarding onions containing a type of sulphur, this ties together with some information I read on another thread about the Ukraine flu/plague happening right now. First off, let me say, I've read many ukrainians are using onions and garlic to ward off the current virus(I thought this was a bit archaic before reading this thread) and second, several people on that thread have talked about herbal remedies for the flu/lung plague and that was 2 different herbs, both containing a medical name containing the root word sulphur in it. This is making more sense as I read.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have stated this before. but I work with many sick people and I have been doing the onion thing for weeks and have been warding off the bug!! I know this onion remedy works cause I have not been sick.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

That reminded me of when I was 10 years old, I had a pet duck that suddenly went lame...wouldn't walk, eat, or drink. My mother mixed whisky, honey and a little water, and don't you know that duck drank it all! She was one happy duck afterward. By morning the duck was walking and eating normally. I won't make a joke about any "quackery," since it made a believer in natural remedies out of me.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by niteowl

That reminded me of when I was 10 years old, I had a pet duck that suddenly went lame...wouldn't walk, eat, or drink. My mother mixed whisky, honey and a little water, and don't you know that duck drank it all! She was one happy duck afterward. By morning the duck was walking and eating normally. I won't make a joke about any "quackery," since it made a believer in natural remedies out of me

Wow glad I checked the pg before this one.
I was convinced you were being sarcastic

whew
any way
I once sold a duck for a buck

just kidding
whew thank you for contributing.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I have stated this before. but I work with many sick people and I have been doing the onion thing for weeks and have been warding off the bug!! I know this onion remedy works cause I have not been sick

reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Thanks drummerboy please check back anytime you feel the need, because everytime this thread runs through, no telling who it might be helping. Despite the little," negatives.
They are buried in an avalanche of good cheer, if there is one person that this thread has helped.
That's what matters to me.
Now even a nurse of 33 yrs has weighed in so good deal peeps.

dubiousone
Hey I know that one too. That's a Hot Toddy. If it was made with hot tea,
then that was a Hot Toddy. Great for a sore throat. I make it with Jack Daniels ,lemon juice, honey, in a cup of hot tea, shot of tobasco or top with a pepper. That thing, you drink that and bundle up like your folks did you.
That will burn every little bug right out of you and yes. Your fine the very next day.
What the hell I'm better at this stuff than I thought. Thank you for reminding me of that.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've got the flu right now, not sure if its the SF or not, but I'm feeling terrible nonetheless. I havent felt right for a couple days, but it seems to have flourished inside me, and now I feel terrible, and for some reason my poop is basically green water... Thats a first for me. Never had green a green #2.

Anyway, I'm gonna chop up a couple onions and stick them in my humidifyer and see how I feel in the morning.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Anyway, I'm gonna chop up a couple onions and stick them in my humidifyer and see how I feel in the morning
reply to post by Blender

I wonder why you haven't got back to the thread yet Blender ?
I would like to hear what's up with you.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I eat a lot of raw foods, no meats, and a lot of water and veges (i make soup with a pot of water and drink it all hehe). I think it helps keep me strong , b.c prior to this H1N1 i have never been sick for more than 3 days out of the year and only very mild colds. I caught h1n1-I self diagosed b.c I was around my family members whom were sick the day b4 i caught their illness-they were diagnosed so I just assumed (I hate doctors ever since one put my fractured bones back in place while i was awake -yuck). but there's always a possibility i have something else...just unlikely..I never caught a high fever and my battle with it seemed less intense. I think b.c of what I ate (no sugars, raw and cooked veges, tons of water-onions in the mix too sometimes lol). It lasted weeks-the longest ive ever been sick since I've been a child. I still have fluid in my lungs that I'm getting out-but I still didn't have it as bad as my family members (they took meds so were cured quicker-just had it more intense)...sorry rambling lol. I just think food is important-I didn't need meds at all my diet keeps my body able to fight. Animals are fed with a lot of anti oxidants, taht are said to lower our responce to meds for infections-I don't eat meat and often wonder if I am better off with fighting infections than som eppl (I'm not saying eating meat is wrong, just an observation). I don't think I even would have caught this, but i foolishly kissed my baby nephew on the lips (and he was sick -poor kid-he's great now tho)
sorry for any typos. late here so tired lol

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Zerra]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Take Airborne, put lots of cinnamon on your toast, nutmeg in your coffee and crushed red pepper on your pizza!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I saw earlier that white onions were what the OP used but does it matter if you use red or yellow or green onions? Is there a difference? I'm not sick but this sounds like something to keep in mind. Thanks OP.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by loneoak

No there is no prejudices here about the color of onions you use but the bottom of pg 4 will help you on the application . I* favor the large white
because I know of their helpful values first hand. I* would be speculating if I* said anything else. They say stick to what you know.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Take Airborne, put lots of cinnamon on your toast, nutmeg in your coffee and crushed red pepper on your pizza!

Mmmm, now I am hungry hehe. I am not partial to coffee, but love cinnamon , red peppers are yummy! I enjoy red an dgreen peppers on my pizza and in my vege subs =D thanks for the tips!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
On the naural remedy front, i know a lot of people have bad things to say about colloidal silver use, understandable as if not done right things can mess up.. but after over a year of myself, partner and son taking it, we get colds and flu that last hours instead of days to weeks like others around us, and its always a great deal more tame than the sickness that hits them..

just thought i would add that in lol

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Full_Vision]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What is the best way to prepare the onions? Best way to eat it? And do "Onion Pills" work the same?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for clearing that up. Just wondering if anybody else on this thread who's tried this is using anything other than white onions? I know purple onions have some kind of chemical in them that is supposed to be "healing" but I don't remember what the name of it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I don't know about the onion pills ... but I wouldn't trust them... it is so easy to eat onion.

We've been eating french onion soup for the last few weeks ... and we didn't catch the flu .... yet

It is very easy to find good recipe for onion soup ....

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for letting me know about this onion remedy, I will remember this.

I started drinking a glass of water with a squeeze of lime about five years ago, and I haven't been sick since. I used to get the flu every year it came around, but not now. I used to take vitamin C tablets, but they just weren't effective.

The lime is also alkaline, which surprised me to learn. It seems that lime should help reduce your bodies acidic levels, which from what I have heard, is what causes cancer.

One thing to be careful about, get some tongs, because the lime will start to mess with your finger nails after awhile.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

What is the best way to prepare the onions? Best way to eat it? And do "Onion Pills" work the same?
I know for sure onion pills noway not even the same thing.
See it is the aroma that seems to do the trick. Bottom of pg 4 here in this thread,
for the best applications I know of.

Full Vision
That's just to cool lady . If you think of any thing else lets hear from you again ok.

zerra

Mmmm, now I am hungry hehe. I am not partial to coffee, but love cinnamon , red peppers are yummy! I enjoy red an dgreen peppers on my pizza and in my vege subs =D thanks for the tips!

thank you for contributing zerra.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by kilas

Elder Berry - Great for fighting flu and colds. Old house wives cure that.

Funnily enough last time i was in our local health food shop, i asked about the swine flue and what people were taking to combat it naturally. The lady showed me a medicine which is elderberry extract and said it was their most popular seller.

CX.

Well I am flued now, first night, fast onset, I will do the onion (hope I have one as I used a bunch last week).

I worked in a health food store for years I tried it all - I would say OREGANO OIL
and GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT or GSE have been the BEST by far. I know the GSE
is DISGUSTINGLY bitter twenty drops to a glass and it still gags (most people), but I will say that stuff will knock out any sore throat (has been recognized as the most anti (anything) compound in nature, including anti taste bud). Oregano OIL is fantastic too, but "somebody" is pulling it off the market, campaign style...

Looking for an onion ------- NOW

Thanks CX

edit - onion in water by the bed...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I woke up this morning with a bad cold....2nd one in 2 months, I rarely get them but not this season.

Well I was miserable, sneezing every 30 seconds. I went up peeled and cut up an onion. Put it in a little water and boiled it sniffing the steam.

I am the most onion cure all skeptic on here I think.

Well it cleared my sinuses, I havent sneezed once. I've lost about a gallon of snot in the process, but my nose isnt running and I feel better within 30 minutes.

I think it just cleared me out, the whole house smells like onion. If I feel better this afternoon I'll post back.

Yes it has made a difference, but we will see how long it lasts. Im still marinating in onion fumes right now.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join