It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

There's no scientific basis for this old wives' tale, which dates at least as far back as the 1500s, when it was believed that distributing raw onions around a residence guarded against the bubonic plague. This was long before germs were discovered, of course, and a prevalent theory held that contagious diseases were spread by miasma, or "noxious air." It was apparently believed that onions, whose absorbent qualities had been well known since ancient times, could cleanse the air by trapping harmful odors.
Who cares. I guess I don't hold as much regaurd for science
especially compared to results .
Thanks for your scientics on the information though.
spewn

You sir are a saviour....Me and my 13 month old daughter have been sick for a week. Boiled some onions and left them on the coffee table for an hour, she is now walking around and I feel so much better.

Don't get me wrong on this now I'm not even taking credit for any of this saviour stuff. I'm just a messenger
I didn't create the onion or anything

[edit on 3-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Randy

The Wall Street Journal has now linked to this thread for remedies for the H1N1 from onions.

If I had the power I would give you an applause, but I am sure the MODS if they haven't already will do it shortly.

Well done.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well done

Thanks Blue Jay . Ya I think I have four already.
What are the odds? onions

And can I say how striking your avatar is? Pretty bird

[edit on 3-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My stepfather is Ukrainian. Each autum he makes a garlic cure. He takes a full bulb of garlic in an evening.

It smells in all the house, he sweats garlic !!!!! He never catch a flu....

we made onion soup yesterday, delicious. Home made of course.

For the garlic lover.....Fondue ''burgundy'' style.

Oil is in the pot and you put your beef in it, you eat the meat with Dijon Mustard and other spice as wished....and don't forget wine of course.

We put a lot of garlic in the oil, it becomes roasted and soft inside, we eat it on bread. We ate so much of it, it is so good. We almost fight for it... make sure everyone take some because.....it smells, your breath, your sweat....even tomorow !!! So do it when you have to go work the day after, unless you #### your job.

Not sick yet, don't trust their vaccine, but love the food. : )))))

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Nimrod]

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Nimrod]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
ok .. i'm doing this as soon as I get home~!! Thx you so much for sharing~!!!

I don't like onions but, I'll definately make an exception ~!!

S&F~!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this randyvs. The next time I catch something, I'll give onion steam a try.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Good show for getting your thread in the WSJ

Onions are a good thing for colds and stuffy noses as well. Working in a restaurant I would cut a 5 gallon bucket of onions up. That will clear your sinuses right out.

Good show randyvs
:up

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This reminds me of a story my aunt told me recently. A few years ago she bought a house that was next to an onion field. She hated the smell, but bought the house because she got a good deal on it. When my grandfather went to visit her she complained to him about the smell. My grandfather told her that because of the smell no one in her family would ever get sick. She said he was right. Since she's moved there no one in her family has gotten sick, and they've been living there for a few years now.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am attempting this method tonight... I have had a terrible time breathing over the last couple of weeks... was thinking of even going to see the DOC and I hate going to see the DOC unless I need my back and neck cracked... then I lub him! Then I read this and I truly didn't think anything of it until another person claimed it worked for them... I am going to bed, after I finished this post.... I cut up two onions and put them in a pan of boiling water and I’m putting it in my bedroom tonight with the door closed and windows closed. When I awake or perhaps later in the day... maybe give it a few hours... I will report back how I feel. Until then… nite nite…

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
very interesting thread (and thanks to Wukky for directing me to it
)

My grandmother used all kinds of these rememdies, she always placed a half cut onion under my bed pillow and I never figured out why she did that, I know now! This post makes me think of using those old methods again with my own child.

One other old method I still use and which works wonders, is tea from the leaves of the Linden tree. (prefered fresh from the tree or dried). I always have a large stock of it in the house.
When sick, we drink one or two hot cups of it before going to bed, then tuck in warm. In the morning you wake up soaked in sweat, so prepare to change cheats, take a bath and drink a lot of fluids in the morning. According to my grandma, you sweat out the bugs over night. Always made me feel much better, and I saw good results in my daughter with this as well. Plus it tastes really good

I'll try the onion steambath later today, having a cold, which is why I got directed to this thread

I'll let you know the results.
S and F

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

I am attempting this method tonight... I have had a terrible time breathing over the last couple of weeks... was thinking of even going to see the DOC and I hate going to see the DOC unless I need my back and neck cracked... then I lub him! Then I read this and I truly didn't think anything of it until another person claimed it worked for them... I am going to bed, after I finished this post.... I cut up two onions and put them in a pan of boiling water and I’m putting it in my bedroom tonight with the door closed and windows closed. When I awake or perhaps later in the day... maybe give it a few hours... I will report back how I feel. Until then… nite nite

Yes please make sure and get back here to let us know what's up with
you.
Above all get well.
THERE IS A RUNDOWN ON THE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS AT THE
BOTTOM OF PG FOUR.
Maybe a realistic goal would be that no one at ATS gets sick.

As far as TPTB I hope the cat is out of the bag far enough for
them to be hitting the panic button.

Also if this is something, they didn't see coming and and blows massive wholes in their plans, for what their whiney little azzes seem to want so badly. All I'm going to say is glory to "God" or "The Higher Power"
or what ever politically correct way I can refer to the creator of the sacred
onion.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I'll try the onion steambath later today, having a cold, which is why I got directed to this thread
Ok, I want to hear from you please. very important to come back
with results. As far as I'm concerned results are all the study anyone needs.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I just wanted to show a vid I made about food a while back, it has the onions and garlic in there too.....

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I've just spent the evening making a big pot of soup. After reading the OP, I had a bit of a search around the net, and picked the ingredients based on their known properties for fighting colds and flu, and general good health.

5 onions, most of a bulb of garlic, loads of sauted mushrooms, 4 sweet potatoes, some chilli, assorted pulses and lentils later, I've got a big pot of hearty, healthy, flu fighting soup. I've had a bit of a sniffle today (I'm not a believer in man flu. I have to be dead on my feet before I'll take off sick), and between cutting the onions and standing over the soup, and then the best bit of actually eating it, I'm feeling great, nose is clear, head's great, I feel on top of the world.

Considering the ingredients cost less than £5 in the supermarket, it certainly beats medical cold and flu remedies not only on cost, but a cup of lemsip won't make your tummy as happy as mine is right now!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I just wanted to show a vid I made about food a while back, it has the onions and garlic in there too.....

Alright, finally someone adds a video, cool baby!
What a bright and happy little vid. I chuckled when the onions came up.

I just want to say, more!

Considering the ingredients cost less than £5 in the supermarket, it certainly beats medical cold and flu remedies not only on cost, but a cup of lemsip won't make your tummy as happy as mine is right now!

I'm pretty sure most people have had it with big pharma and the FDA.
There just interested in making big money off the crap their trying to kill us with in the first place. You can get stuff that works better in the produce isle.

Nydsdan come back

[edit on 4-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
thanks to your inspiration, I made an AWESOME curry/butter chicken type onion soup last night to die for! Also, I have a few onion dishes out. I went out for a while today, and when I got back, the house smelled like some awesome gourmet restauraunt.

So it's also good for the soul. Comfort food smells make you feel great!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

So it's also good for the soul. Comfort food smells make you feel great!

Now that sounds like great living to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny
reply to post by randyvs

I am attempting this method tonight... I have had a terrible time breathing over the last couple of weeks... was thinking of even going to see the DOC and I hate going to see the DOC unless I need my back and neck cracked... then I lub him! Then I read this and I truly didn't think anything of it until another person claimed it worked for them... I am going to bed, after I finished this post.... I cut up two onions and put them in a pan of boiling water and I’m putting it in my bedroom tonight with the door closed and windows closed. When I awake or perhaps later in the day... maybe give it a few hours... I will report back how I feel. Until then… nite nite…

--Charles Marcello

I'm back as I promised I would be... and I can't believe it... I went to bed laughing at myself for trying this onion nonsense and I can tell you with complete honesty THIS ONION THINGY WORKS!

Not sure if its a long term fix or a short term numbing thing... but I have breathed normal all day long... ALL DAY! I am heating up that same pan and I'M going to do a 30 minute towel over the head inhale regiment... and then do nothing else for the rest of the week. I will report back then as well...

But for at least temporary relief, one full day... I don't know why it works... BUT IT WORKS! You have my word on that...

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 4-11-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for posting this. My son is on his 7th day with the swine flu. He had a fever for the first five days and respiratory problems for the last four. I took him to the doctor the 1st day. Fluids and rest were prescribed. I have felt so helpless. He seems better today, but still has the congestion. I'm going to get an onion in boiling water in front of him as soon as I finish typing this. I wish I had seen this post sooner.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Thank you for posting this. My son is on his 7th day with the swine flu. He had a fever for the first five days and respiratory problems for the last four. I took him to the doctor the 1st day. Fluids and rest were prescribed. I have felt so helpless. He seems better today, but still has the congestion. I'm going to get an onion in boiling water in front of him as soon as I finish typing this. I wish I had seen this post sooner.

You may need to give him the full treatment layed out on pg 4. I wish you would have seen this earlier too. Please get back here.

little bunny

I'm back as I promised I would be... and I can't believe it... I went to bed laughing at myself for trying this onion nonsense and I can tell you with complete honesty THIS ONION THINGY WORKS!
Thank you so much for getting back here.
EVERYBODY I DON'T THINK I HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW IMPORTANT IT IS
TO GET BACK TO THIS THREAD OFTEN.
ONE REASON ONLY
THE CONFIDENCE I HAVE IN THE ONION.
I mean after all it most likely saved my life.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join