It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and South Korea draw up plans to cope in case of North Korean emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

US and South Korea draw up plans to cope in case of North Korean emergency

www.heraldsun.com.au

THE US and its ally South Korea have drawn up a contingency plan to cope with emergencies in North Korea, including a possible regime change there, a report said.
"Operational Plan (OPLAN) 5029" was completed by Seoul and Washington recently, Yonhap news agency said, quoting an unnamed Seoul source.

It dictates how to respond case-by-case to such emergencies in North Korea as a civil war, an outflow of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs), a mass influx of refugees or a natural disaster...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well, we have to rely on an unnamed Seoul source, so it's anyone's guess how accurate it may be.

We also have to note the obligatory mention of WMDs. It seems that catch-phrase excuse for invading a country needs to be bandied about - often. It has to stick in the minds of everyone to remind them of the constant fear that they should be feeling.

Didn't the US already try and interfere with a Korean war in the past? Why doesn't the US learn from what happened less than sixty years ago? How many more meat-puppet troops can the US spare to also take on North Korea?

If I didn't know any better, I'd be thinking that I was reading about children fighting in a school yard and their plans to 'get each other' at recess time.

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I would have expected these plans to have already being in place for at least a few years already. Maybe they're updating the plans.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why wouldnt we help S.K with a contingency plan? I mean come on now, they are our allies. This is the kind of things allies do when dealing with "rogue nations". I would be suprised if N.K itself hasnt done the same damn thing with their allies. Its all a big chess game, you have to at least have your pieces in place before throwing bows.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Man, I was born during the still current North/South Korean conflict. It's a never ending situation. Thank you Harry Truman.
Oh, and thank you, Dwight Eisenhower, too.

How many times have SK and the US studied such crap as the SHTF stuff concerning that pitiful penninsula? "What the hell is so important about this tiny area of the world? Let them sort it all out. I was in the army. I know it's pretty cool to be stationed in Sk. Great whores there. Cheap stuff to buy, too.

It ain't MASH 4077th there, though.

It's fun, but what is the purpose?

I spent a year in Northern Greece.Was I a welcomed individual there? Not at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Man, I was born during the still current North/South Korean conflict. It's a never ending situation. Thank you Harry Truman.
Oh, and thank you, Dwight Eisenhower, too.

How many times have SK and the US studied such crap as the SHTF stuff concerning that pitiful penninsula? "What the hell is so important about this tiny area of the world? Let them sort it all out. I was in the army. I know it's pretty cool to be stationed in Sk. Great whores there. Cheap stuff to buy, too.

It ain't MASH 4077th there, though.

It's fun, but what is the purpose?

I spent a year in Northern Greece.Was I a welcomed individual there? Not at all.

top topics

join