It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another warning from Hollywood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm sat here watching X-Men: The Last Stand and i couldn't help but let my imagination loose on possible meanings.

The movie revolves around a "mutant cure" that causes serious repercussions among mutants and humans. A war between those who want the cure and those who don't is the inevitable ending.

I couldn't help but think of the current Swine-Flu vaccination plans. I think you can understand what im getting at here......

Here is the trailer for reference.

I fully believe Hollywood gives us warnings/insights into future events.

So, do i have something here, or am i over thinking again?

My brain hurts

Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is interesting that magneto said they would force the cure on them and turned out to be right. Though in the movie it was weaponized.

I think you may be putting too much thought into it though. The movie was less about disease but allegorical to mainstream thought. The concepts of true genius have been distrusted and even marginalized as madness through lots of history.

I think the movie was stating a warning about the dangers inherent in making everyone the same.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

That's funy Forever, I recently watched the same film with my son and thought about it as well.

Yes I do believe Hollywood likes to throw out the occasional Easter Egg when it comes to movies and music, however, they are small truths wrapped in HUGE lies.

So it's always hard to draw a comparison.

But I know where your coming from.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I've been in the film industry for a little over 2 years now and from what I've seen, the industry only cares about one thing....Money.

If there are any warnings; they are instituted by some other entities and placed in the movies for what ever reason. Usually to generate a feeling of Patriotism.

I thought for sure that the movie 2001 was a precursor to telling us that we weren't alone. Didn't happen..........yet

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Rome offers you war or peace. It matters not which to Rome you decide.

And so it has gone on and on. You may choose this side of the coin or you may choose that side of the coin.

Either way the coin is thrust upon you.

The coin will dominate you. The decision to choose which side of the coin shall be forced upon you. Your decision to recognize the coin and to choose a side will be used to divide you and force you into submission.

The left/right paradigm.

It evades and permeates every facet and aspect of our existence.

It still by the way does not matter to Rome which you decide. Simply that you submit to rendering a decision on the two sides that you are always being presented with.

This might in fact run a bit deeper than you imagine OP.

Great and relevant post. Star and flag for your thoughts and efforts as always.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I watched that video and it seems as though it would be plausible that the x-men are a metaphor for the Islamic people. Switch the mutants with islamists and it would not seem so far fetched.

Just an observation.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Actually guys that was from a comic story arc in the X-men comic. The movie was just a hacked version of a aids like story that floated in the marvel comics universe in the 90's. But the comparison w/the swine flu is still there. In the comics the legacy virus caused mutant powers to turn on the the victim. Causing power flare ups until the persons power consumed them. Not unlike the flu causing the persons immune systems to turn on itself. Parallels but not from the movie.[Sheesh who ever thought comic book knowledge would have real world applications, now if I can find a use for all that D&D
]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
the simpsons always predict future events

many other shows too

dont watch tv too much

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You are not over thinking.
You are right.
The warnings are everywhere -
and they are not there by coincidence.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
A lot of movies these days have a paranormal or ufology theme to them simply because TPTB are trying to use a type of PsyOPs programing where by when a final disclosure is forthcoming from a rebelious faction within there ranks. Then people will not totally believe it when it is discussed and think it is all fiction because they saw the same plot scenario in that James Cameron or George Lucas film last year.
Then all HuMans will be pliable sheeple once again and none the wiser too

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Behind every story there is a truth. It is in every movie, song, book, and tv show. Maybe I think into things to much? It's there it may be subtle, but it's there....

top topics

join