It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Let the dollar prove itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Ron Paul: Let the dollar prove itself

edition.cnn.com

A growing number of Americans are becoming aware of the Federal Reserve System, what it is, how it has precipitated our financial crisis, and how it continues to pursue policies that delay economic recovery and weaken the dollar.

The Fed's actions, combined with the federal government's bailout bills and stimulus packages, have struck a nerve in the American people.

Recent polls have shown that more than 75 percent of Americans support efforts to audit the Fed, something which my bill, HR 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, aims to do. HR 1207 has the support of 304 members of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ron Paul once again speaks up against the Feds. HE is right, a lot of americans are waking up to realize how the fed has ripped them off and it's pretty clear that only thieves and crooks are against transparency in what ought to be a public service.
I really wish Ron Paul's movement finds a good successor to reach the white house and do what it takes to free us from debt and slavery!
God bless him.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The reality is that the entire monetary system is illusionary. Our fiat De Facto instrument of debt currency is just that. It is an instrument of debt and not wealth. It is not attached to anything of value, its value is simply perceived.

The Banks, the Federal Reserve and the Government simply manipulate the illusion and the perception of its value for purely political purposes of control.

The whole system is based upon deceit and manipulation which is precisely why the Federal Reserve the Banks and the bulk of the Government strive so had to keep it all shrouded in secrecy.

That secret being that our currency is no different than monopoly money; it is no different than a check in your check book that belongs to an account with no money in it.

Our money is the exact opposite of what money is supposed to be. Instead of being a fixed instrument of wealth attached to something of a real value, it is rather a fluctuating instrument of debt attached to nothing of intrinsic value by simply has a perceived value.

A value that goes up and down as the myths and fabrications of how it functions and what it does are pandered in different manipulative ways for political goals and purposes.

Why we would want to be hostage to a system that benefits only a chosen elite few at the extreme detriment of the masses enslaved and forced into this system defies common sense, reason and logic.

This is probably why they put in God We Trust on our currency instead of In Government We Trust because even the despots and tyrants who created and invented and forced this system on us aren’t that wishful in their thinking.

People should wake up to the illusion. Hope and change has become all about who we hope to blame in an effort to excuse changing nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
is ron paul a freemason ??

hmmmmm.....

i would like to know

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well, the "gold standard" isn't a "free market" solution to the problem. I don't know how any libertarian could vouch for a government controlled gold standard. The fact is we can still have a free floating "fiat" currency that is strong, if we would limit the government's power to willfully spend our future generation's money, and by ridding the Fed's powers to pin interest rates. I do not support a gold standard, because it IS NOT a free market. People can own gold, have it in the accounts, but there is no need for government to hold gold.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the gold standard and why it's not free market, but I think that it's off topic for this thread. Please start a new thread on that subject - I'm seriously interested.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

It could be Gold it could be Silver it could be Popsycle Sticks that they secure currency with to make it a fixed isntrument of wealth.

The reality is that the fluctuation in the dollar when it was based on actual Gold was less that .20 cents in a hundred year period. That in fact was the rate of inflation. Almost non-existent.

Real value versus Percieved value as any lawyer will tell you in buying an asset is an important distinction. Real value is fixed to things that are real. Percieved value fluctuates along with perception.

Our currency has a Percieved value and not a Real value and that is one danger in it, the other danger is the very secretive institutions that manipulate the perception of the value.

When you attach a currency to something of universal value and wealth most of the perception falls by the wayside because those real commodities linked to the currency really do have a real value.

You might not have been old enough to read articles when the phrase "Conventional Wisdom" came out. Magazines and Newspapers originally poked fun at the "Conventional Wisdom" word by poking fun at things being currently defined with "Conventional Wisdom" and then pointing out what was un-wise about it by poking holes in the "Conventional Wisdom" with common sense. The same is true when the term "Politically Correct" came out.

Through coined phrases and turns of words we have been painstakingly taught for well over a generation now how to abandon common sense and real wisdom and real correctness for the peer pressure created alternatives of "Conventional Wisdom" and "Political Correctness" even though these substitutes aren't wise nor correct.

It is through concepts like these that psuedo-intellectuals gain sway with arguments not rooted in logic or common sense and then change 'Perception" in regards to things.

Simply put it offends people who aren't wise, and aren't correct, and don't use common sense to hear about these things.

Since there are more people who aren't wise that those who are, since there are more people who aren't correct than those who are, and since there are more people who use un-common sense than those who use common sense these phrases and coined words and idealogies are all contrived to tap into the lesser educated and capable majority to gain support politically for things that actually hurt almost everyone and enrich only a chose few who manipulate the whole process in this manner.

Psuedo-intellectual arguments become compelling to people trapped in the left/right divide because you can't actually win a psuedo-intellectual argument no matter which side of the divide you are on, because both sides arguments have been presented for them to adopt as "conventional wisdom" but fraught with faulty and circular logic that leads no where.

We need to take the Conventional out of Conventional Wisdom and simply return to what is wise. We need to take the Politically out of Politically Correct and simply return to what is correct.

This is the only way that the secretive process of manipulation of perceptions to the self destructive will end.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The fed had to realize that simply 'printing more money" doesn't do anything.
Put it this way the US will never be out of debit in for the next thousand years and more.

If the EU and China demand payment of their debit in euro dollars and gold then watch out...it's life Jim but not as we know it.....

The Government needs to audit the fed to know what it's up against and stop the rot and in some magical land try and repair some issues but at the same time if they do the audit then it becomes transparent to the whole world how screwed up and in trouble the US is. This in turn makes China's investment worthless and if they walk away then the US is stuffed anyways.

The real financial melt down hasn't even started...it's just in gestation faze

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As much as I support Dr. Paul...and the audit of the FED, I am quite certain this will force the implementation of the Amero alot sooner than the eventual collapse of the dollar

which I believe is the overall goal of the 7 families

once we have an Amero...in competition with the Euro...we will have a short lived competitive free market...which will eventually make one of the currencies invalid, and a buyout will be forced...i.e. a one world currency

here's to hoping I'm wrong...but as a man...I know I'm not

Thanks be to Tetragrammaton

top topics

join