It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU decides it's going to cost $150 billion YEARLY to fight Global Warming-%50 to go to 3rd World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was going to put this in Fragile Earth, but when world leaders ask us to cough up these phenomenal amounts to pay for a problem that we don't currently know %100 is man made, then it has to go under 'New World Order' I'm afraid!

EU puts €100bn-a-year price on tackling climate change

European leaders agreed for the first time today that the price tag for tackling global warming would amount to €100bn (£89bn) a year by 2020, up to half of which would need to come from taxpayers' money in the developed world.

But mired in wrangling over how to split the European share of the bill among 27 countries and how much Europe collectively should spend, they failed to agree on urgent short-term funding for combating climate change in the developing world.

For US members, that is $150 Billion PER YEAR!

And here's who's going to pick up half the bill directly:-

Of the €100bn Euros ballpark figure, the Europeans said €22bn-€50bn should be public sector money in annual transfers to the developing world by 2020.

That's right, YOUR taxes, and it's going to be funnelled to the third world to help them fight global warming!

I'm sorry, but the level of corruption and inefficiency in the third world is astronomical, how the hell is this ever going to work!?

And who decided that my hard earned money is going to be used for this?

We are being robbed blind my friends, robbed blind, and the majority of the sheep will be more than happy to hand over their cash.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They want to give billions to the third world for problems we did not create?

I say we should the collections by stripping the estates of the bush & clinton & obama clans, followed by the estates of the politicians that are rubber-stamping this nonsense. Then we go for the estates of the Federal Reserve folks (all of them). Then we go for the estates of the execs from the Wall Street corps that got bailouts. Then we go.......

Let's face it, the system is corrupt from the very highest level to the lowest. It's way past time for a hard-reset.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You're 100% right in saying that most, if not all, money will go to the despots and their worthless cronies in these third world countries...

The poor likely will not see much of this money... As if the sheeple in these nations will do anything about it
but who can blame them, if they rise up in these countries, they will be killed quickly, well a bit more quickly than here, anyway.

All the money will go to benefit the global elites, that's a fact.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its when I see headlines like this that I feel helpless against the NWO beast!!!!

What a complete joke, America itself will be a 3rd world country by then at this rate, of course thats all part of the plan, oh and lets not forget some good old pagan Gaia worship.

I will kill myself for my planet, I am a plague on the earth, thats the kind of crap were heading towards with this new eco-religion, uneducated buffons who will truly enjoy their slavery, as Aldous Huxley himself said we would.

What can I say, the plot thickens, lets hope for some backlash!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Dont forget that while the west has been extracting oil and coal from Africa, the vast majority of countries that produce these resources are not allowed to create infrastructure that utilises them. They have been stopped from doing so under the guise of 'global warming.'

The question in recent years has been: If the west can use these resources, and if the west can utilise infrastructure based on these resources, why cant producers create new infrastructure based on these resources? Why does africa have to wait for green tech to be implemented?

If this 'wealth' being transferred to third world countries is to create green infrastructure, its about 10 years overdue.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The problem today is that the government should be using the CURRENT tax system for their needs. Not implementing new taxes while keeping old ones.

Uh...so sick.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Global Warming is a Hoax.

Who's the head figure for Global Warming? Al Gore.

Al Gore is a Joke.

First they want Carbon taxing, then they'll take everything you have away, then then give you a RFID chip for your own "safety".

I say we make a spaceship and get a few million people off this planet before insanity hits 100%.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
EU can calculate all they want , the bigger the bill the more money EU gets.

EU is not a country

EU is souly dependent on nations and their wealth

EU is what people fougth against in WWII

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beta.services
Dont forget that while the west has been extracting oil and coal from Africa, the vast majority of countries that produce these resources are not allowed to create infrastructure that utilises them. They have been stopped from doing so under the guise of 'global warming.'

They have been stopped from technological and infrastructure advances all these years (and decades) by decision makers in those countries.

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm

I say we make a spaceship and get a few million people off this planet before insanity hits 100%.

All we need is a spaceship capable of holding a few thousand. Then we can pack it full of the cancer that is the global elite. As to the destination – I vote we send it into the sun.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by praxis

I am not saying that African leaders aren't at fault. Just that they aren't the ones that own the companies extracting the resources.

African countries are being bribed with 'Aid' to not implement the infrastructure.

The point I'm making is that for a long time it has been accepted that they were allowed to produce the resources, just not allowed to use them. It has been a double standard of the worst kind.

People from some countries might complain that their tax dollars are being sent elsewhere. But they shouldn't loose sight of the fact that their economies have been propped up by third world detriment for a long time.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am not saying that African leaders aren't at fault. Just that they aren't the ones that own the companies extracting the resources.

African countries are being bribed with 'Aid' to not implement the infrastructure.

The point I'm making is that for a long time it has been accepted that they were allowed to produce the resources, just not allowed to use them. It has been a double standard of the worst kind.

The buck stops with the leaders of those third world countries. Period.

They alone defined the business relationship with foreign companies. If they chose to accept money and favors in lieu of building infrastructure or technology, that's their own fault. They could have changed the equation at any time.

People from some countries might complain that their tax dollars are being sent elsewhere. But they shouldn't loose sight of the fact that their economies have been propped up by third world detriment for a long time.

I am not responsible for the actions of a private commercial company. Period. I do not have any control over their behavior. There was demand of a product and corporations filled that demand. If they could not find suitable deals in a particular country, they would seek the product somewhere else.

When the behaviors of corporations like big oil get oppressive, sometimes they get nationalized. The pendulum swings both ways.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is one big joke after the other. I wonder when the sleeping giant called mass population is going to wake up and shout ENOUGH!. Free clean energy was possible for at least 100 years. Yet here we are trying to pretend it's not possible. To be honest people deserve to be treated like they are if they are too ignorant to do something about it. If you find yourself complaining then ask yourself what you are doing against it, if it's nothing then shut the hell up.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
The buck stops with the leaders of those third world countries. Period.

They alone defined the business relationship with foreign companies. If they chose to accept money and favors in lieu of building infrastructure or technology, that's their own fault. They could have changed the equation at any time.

You have to understand that when most of those business relationships were originally put in place, most of these countries were run by the french, spanish, dutch or english.

Yes, corruption is rife in these countries. But so is a lack of democracy. Should the people be blamed for the action of their officials? Especially when those actions were lead/coerced by the west?

By your argument, African American slaves should not have been freed because in most cases they were sold to slavers by African leaders.

Or perhaps everyone should have accepted what Saddam Hussein was doing because he was put in place by the US?

Dont wash your hands of the situation just because there is someone else to blame.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You have to understand that when most of those business relationships were originally put in place, most of these countries were run by the french, spanish, dutch or english.

Yes, corruption is rife in these countries. But so is a lack of democracy. Should the people be blamed for the action of their officials? Especially when those actions were lead/coerced by the west?

You say third-world people are not to blame for the actions of their leaders. Yet you appear to believe that we are responsible for people, companies and governments that we absolutely don't control.

Would you like some salt, pepper or other condiments with your hypocrisy?

top topics

join