It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UMMO UFO symbol from 1940s Italian Air Force?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
In the 1960s the topic of UFOs was hot and heavy and in New York City there were UFO lectures almost every day! I went to hundreds of lectures and some were boring and some were utterly interesting to the point of applause at the last word from the speaker. One of the cases I became aware of was UMMO but I never accepted it as a real event because the photos looked phony and I had seen plenty of phony photos.

When I got on the Internet in the '90s I found a photo of Jimi Hendrix wearing a button with the UMMO symbol. I've searched for that photo without success.

The other day I was watching a series of documentaries that I like titled "CLASH OF WINGS - The Story of World War II in the Air." The episode was "The African Tutorial." Included in the footage were airplanes from the Regia Aeoranautica (Italian Air Force). I love those old tri-motor airplanes and, sure enough, some were shown taking off, known as the Savoia-Marchetti . As the plane went by the camera you could see the surface of the underwing and I had a moment of recognition when I saw the symbol and, thankfully, other views of the planes in flight gave me a better view of the symbol I thought I recognized.

I do not know where the UMMO symbol came from but take a look at the series of photos at this site:
mismisterios.files.wordpress.com...

and then compare the symbol on the "UFO" with this one:
www.aviation-history.com...

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The most popular hypothesis[who?], however, seems to be that the entire affair is an elaborate hoax, perhaps perpetrated by a student group composed of scientists and philosophers.

en.wikipedia.org...

UMMO mythology went from being a clever trick played by a psychologist to a social phenomenon spread like a contagion from researcher to researcher and onto the public.

www.strangemag.com...

UMMO Hoax

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Theres a good Spanish comic book dealing with the UMMO hoax below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fd26e8114d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Link:
foros.paralax.com.mx...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Regardless whether the very questionable UMMO's story is legit or isn't, the symbol that you see on the Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 is a stylized version of fasces (fascio littorio), just repeated three times: it was widely in use at the time that model was produced, especially in Italy (actually, the term "fascismo" [fascism]) came from it.

I'd say that it's safe to rule out any possible link between the two symbols.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by internos]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
One can photograph the UFO when going slow and is at
a low altitude for some reason.

The saucer on the series of photos has some wobble.
This the effect of the on board engine.

Hendrix was fascinated by the UFO topic and purple
haze might be from photos of UFOs as we still see that
manifestation.

The German saucer with a gun turret underneath was photographed
in Ohio. A family on vacation in Ohio had their VW Bug stolen.
I always suspected conversion to the Foo for the VW Bug and that
news didn't change the suspicion.

There are no aliens in existence to fret about.
The alien technology we fear is citizen technology from Tesla
who was an American alien not being born in the US but the
joke is getting tired.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
When I read about this case, perhaps 18-20 years ago I think it said that the symbol means "telepathy", can't confirm it now though.

new topics

top topics

join