It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're headed for Full Enlightenment!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
reply to post by unityemissions

Way to tear a person down. When civilization collapses according to you, I'm coming after you first. Because the last thing this world needs is another "know it all" who can't solve sh*t.

Edit: so you know, I'm talking about your first post in this thread, not the rest. The NWO one I agree with, I have never believed in them, but the first one, you're tearing into what someone believes in, that's how enemies are made, wars are started.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

Ah, he probably can't help himself; he is so driven by the fear of what the NWO is telling him that he can't be nice. Sounds like the fear is just eating him alive. Sad, really. Poor fellow.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I know very, very little. The reason I'm trying so hard to break down this guys beliefs is because it's doing nothing to help out our current situation. In fact, it passively allows it to continue. If I make several enemies along the way of spreading the facts, so be it. I'll be waiting for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

He's problem is he's very scientific, which is awesome, I admire that, science solves problems. However, much like an extreme religious person, there's no convincing him any different from what he wants to believe. Sort of close minded in away, not an extreme way like religious folk but in his own way, he's bashing anything that he doesn't agree with.

Edit; he's not scientific, so this post is bogus at the beginning.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hey, rubyeyes. Here is a thing I have used with some success. Can you visualise? If you can, pack yourself a suitcase with all of that crap in there. You know the crap I am talking about, you are thinking about it right now, as you read this. Put it in the suitcase. Now set the suitcase down and walk away for a little distance, then look back at it sitting there. See it? Good. Now, you can walk back and pick it up again, or you can walk away from it. You can always come back to it, for reference and like that, but! You don't have to carry it around with you anymore. Hope this helps you, it certainly helped my dear wife, who was raped and abused as a child. She now walks with er head held high.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I know very, very little. The reason I'm trying so hard to break down this guys beliefs

Well I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I learned something, that I was wrong and you know very little. Just as you know very little about the person who's beliefs you are trying to break down.

What was that motto for ATS, Deny Ignorance? I think they should toss in Deny Arrogance too.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So let me get this straight: Anything that is against your beliefs. Anything that you perceive to be negative, is automatically the NWO? How convenient for you. Can you not see the obvious logical fallacy in this belief?!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Any person who thinks they are entirely sane is obviously deceiving their self. Enjoy your irrational naivety.

Said I was about as sane as they come. That is not saying I am completely sane, eh?? Your misreading surely does give you an easy out though, eh?

But hey, enjoy your cozy little box all spun and wrapped up so pretty with all the horrible, terrible things happening you can imagine happening, with the help of the NWO bunch. Whee.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Be nice boys & girls

As discussed in several topics on this sub-forum before, I don't actually believe in "total" enlightenment, i think it is a process. We are always heading towards that divine knowledge (or some people the opposite).

That actually keeps me ticking: think about it if enlightenment was some absolute state? Wouldn't that be disappointing?

Running bare foot on water..

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I know very, very little. The reason I'm trying so hard to break down this guys beliefs is because it's doing nothing to help out our current situation. In fact, it passively allows it to continue. If I make several enemies along the way of spreading the facts, so be it. I'll be waiting for you.

Spreading the NWO approved propaganda, you mean, don't you??? Facts don't exist. Everything is processed thru our perceptions which means your recounting of said 'facts' is merely just your opinion, even as what I say is mine. But sorry, I really have to go. I will catch you on the flipside, eh? And really, what part of dragonridergal implies I am male??? ohh.. missed that 'fact' didn't ya?! *lol*

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

My apologies. I misinterpreted what you wrote. It's obvious we're not going to change each others mind. I'm willing to agree on disagreeing.

Take care.

Btw, facts are independent of any one individuals perception. That's just not true. If data were a belief, it would be an assumption. Facts are not assumptions.

Lastly, I've decided not to comment on any further threads that include enlightenment or spirituality. I don't mean to be arrogant or put my views above others. I'm simply very concerned with what the factual data points out as our probable future.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

There is no NWO. It's a catchy phrase that leaders have used for years to make people think, "What if". That's all! Your believing in this is the first sign that you're not sane. Facts have nothing to do with belief. It's happening, regardless of if we choose to accept and act accordingly (which obviously, the majority aren't).

I really cannot believe you say that, is that what you believe? I will admit the term itself is a catch phrase, but humans are good at those, aren't they? There are families that are attempting to control the world, and it and many ways they already do.

There is no manipulating going on here. Name one thing I mentioned that has been misconstrued or exaggerated. Just one. You can't. They are all facts. I don't listen to the media. I haven't watched t.v. in years. Especially not MSM. Why are you assuming?!

Really? Keep right on thinking that, you play right into their hands, I am afraid. There is constant manipulation coming from every direction, from signboards to fixed signs to neon signs to cartoons to movie idols to showrooms to what people wear...you may not watch TV, but you do go out, don't you?

It doesn't matter if I think happy thoughts. Action counts. Few are acting on the knowledge that we're destroying the planet. No amount of happy thoughts will change this. You've forsaken responsibility and reason for delusional comfort. End of story.

That is a great deal of anger and negative thought there. I am depressive by my nature, so any happy thoughts help me to feel better, and function better. Coming to this board some mornings makes me happy, there is something to do, someone to talk with, or to learn from.
Some of us are busy creating our own world, apart from this one while it is in transition, and a place for rest and relaxation, and communion with family and friends. Remember, when the moment comes, and it has has been told of by many prophets, even the Bible speaks of this. When that time comes, do as thou wish, as I shall do. As for planet Earth being destroyed? That, sadly, seems to be an effect of human inhabitation of the planet. They inhabit, conquer, build, pollute, and then the building of weapons takes over, and soon after that, Boom! This has happened before, we are not in what is known as the Fifth World, the previous four having been destroyed before. At least one of these destructions is recorded as the Flood. What I am saying is, unless ET is willing and able to help us, planet Earth is doomed. It is out of balance, the polar ice is melting, and the ocean currents have changed...it is obvious that soon there will be an extinction event, unless some help is offered and received. If I am not mistaken, this kind of help was offered in 1957, but was politely turned down, the powers of the time thought help like free energy, and spiritual enlightenment would destroy the economy.
Valiant Thor The Human Alien From Venus

[edit on 29-10-2009 by autowrench]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

There have always been families trying to control the world. Just like how bullies eventually get knocked of their crown, so do the top dogs in control.

Noticed I said "going on here". I meant in the facts I presented. I do agree that advertisement, television, and the media are conditioning people on a regular basis. Notice I said I haven't watched regular television in years. I hate commercials.

I never said, nor do I believe the planet will be destroyed by our actions. If that happens it will be a celestial event. I was talking about mass extinction only. I'm glad you are aware of this as well. I choose not to delve into the ET topic. I'm not convinced either way. Since, it seems, there is either no concrete evidence, or they at least are not helping us out yet, shouldn't we take responsibility for our selves? Shouldn't we stand united for the sake of survival of our species? That's where I stand.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think that what you say is inaccurate. For one thing, I am pretty sure there is no such thing as "complete" enlightenment. I believe it is an ongoing process that has no end; that at no time is anyone ever able to say that he's got no room for improvement, nothing left to learn or do.

Moreover, the only people who are "destined" for enlightenment are the people who are moving in that direction. I suspect that everyone eventually figures out that this is the direction to move, but most people I know aren't particularly concerned about such an airy goal as "enlightenment". They've got their sights set on the next paycheck, or how their team did, what's for dinner, that sort of thing. There's nothing wrong with that. It's how you learn that these things aren't enough, that there is more. But most people aren't yet at the point of seekig that more.

I believe that eventually we'll all be on that journey - that we all are, even though most of us aren't moving in a steady direction. But I believe it's a never-ending journey, and that we aren't going to make any progress unless we ourselves make the effort.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Be nice boys & girls

As discussed in several topics on this sub-forum before, I don't actually believe in "total" enlightenment, i think it is a process. We are always heading towards that divine knowledge (or some people the opposite).

That actually keeps me ticking: think about it if enlightenment was some absolute state? Wouldn't that be disappointing?

Running bare foot on water..

You my friend are firmly on the right path

And you too chiron

[edit on 29/10/09 by Moreonethananyone]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal
And of course you are entirely entitled to yours.
It sounds kinda hopeless to me, but ok. Have fun, eh?

Your words are accurate - perhaps even more than you meant to, for hope is a fool's drug.

-v

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Enlightnement is a personal thing. Self realization as it is also called comes about by your own sincere desire to be one with the Creator. Call him God, Prime Creator, Brahman. He doesn't care what you call him. There is only one supreme Lord of Love. Love him with all of your heart, with your entire being. Know that he loves you even greater. Remember who you are...part of him. Tat tvat asi... that thou art. Meditate. "know that I am God". With your steadfast desire and sincere practice of meditation, He will bestow his divine grace upon you...and you will remember who you are. How great you are. How wonderful. How special. Meditate. Once in the morning and once in the evening. Quality not quantity. If all you need is five minutes..five minutes then. When it feels right to stop, stop. Listen to your intuition. Let it be your guide. This is all an illusion. Karma is an illusion. Keep focused upon being one with him. Namaste!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So let me get this straight: Anything that is against your beliefs. Anything that you perceive to be negative, is automatically the NWO? How convenient for you. Can you not see the obvious logical fallacy in this belief?!

Huh. So you think over simplification and false extrapolation of what I say will work to debunk what I am saying? *rolls eyes* Ooooook. Can't you see the obvious attempt to manipulate others in your behavior???

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
Enlightnement is a personal thing. Self realization as it is also called comes about by your own sincere desire to be one with the Creator. Call him God, Prime Creator, Brahman. He doesn't care what you call him. There is only one supreme Lord of Love. Love him with all of your heart, with your entire being. Know that he loves you even greater. Remember who you are...part of him. Tat tvat asi... that thou art. Meditate. "know that I am God". With your steadfast desire and sincere practice of meditation, He will bestow his divine grace upon you...and you will remember who you are. How great you are. How wonderful. How special. Meditate. Once in the morning and once in the evening. Quality not quantity. If all you need is five minutes..five minutes then. When it feels right to stop, stop. Listen to your intuition. Let it be your guide. This is all an illusion. Karma is an illusion. Keep focused upon being one with him. Namaste!

Well put. Any time we dabble in beliefs we are in the Lila - illusion or more accurately the false reality. Why do we do this? To forget that we are an -aspect of God - Divine. Anything communicated that is belief, science, religion, money, politics, dilutes us and keeps us from the Maya - Ultimate Reality. Omnipotence is an incredible thing in the Lila. Jesus of Nazareth said: "Seek and do not stop seeking. When you find you will be disturbed and will rule the world (you)."
Namaste,

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey DragonriderGal! I appreciate the fact that you think! Just wish
I had a picture to go with the thought.

I believe the earth will cleanse itself and that people will be cleansed,
at least those that are able to do so. The sun will play a large role in who
will get the latest software/hardware updates.

Do you think this swine flu vaccine plays a part in who may or
who may not receive "Full Enlightenment"?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

False extrapolation? Couldn't I say the same of you and your NWO concept?! Every time I said something that went against your belief, it was labeled NWO. Go back over the thread. It's here for everyone to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join