It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela accuses Colombia of spying and warns of US aggression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Venezuela accuses Colombia of spying and warns of US aggression

www.timesonline.co.uk

Venezuela mobilised its troops last night and conjured up two alleged Colombian spies in the latest bout of muscle-flexing before the arrival of US drug-fighting troops in the region.

In an announcement during a televised Cabinet meeting, President Chávez accused Colombia of dispatching spies at the behest of the CIA in preparation for an invasion. Colombia denied the charge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ok Boys and Girls here we go...

Ramping up the rhetoric seems to be the National pastime in Venezuela. Chavez is at it again. “the hand of the CIA and the Government of the United States”, Mr Chávez said. They were captured red-handed, practising espionage and it’s not the first time. We will not release them.”

Meanwhile back at the Ranch:

Columbia is claiming that supposedly 75% or more of the recent coc aine smuggling flights came out of Venezuela.

This does sound like a made for TV plot.

Stay tuned.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What hypocrisy. The US is sending troops to "fight" this problem when our intelligence and other federal officials have been caught using federal planes to smuggle drugs into the US from Colombia in several instances over the years, and our occupation of Afghanistan has allowed opium production there to skyrocket over 1000% since the Taliban was in power and persecuted opium growers.

The military will always come up with some excuse for flexing its muscles. Or else its "muscles" will suffer atrophy.

And we can't have that. That means the military-industrial complex loses business!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When it comes to snake killing, you don't have to segment the snake into many different components.

Cut the damned head off, and the problem is solved.

Another snake pops up, you cut it's head off, and after a while, snakes are scarce.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I think there is enough blame to go around for the ramping up of tension.

Colombia: FARC arms traced to Venezuela

(CNN) -- Shoulder-launched anti-tank weapons purchased by Venezuela have ended up in the hands of guerrillas, Colombian Vice President Francisco Santos said. Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro talks on the phone with President Hugo Chavez in Caracas Monday.

In an interview with Caracol Radio Monday, Santos addressed local reports of anti-tank weapons manufactured in Sweden being seized from members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, and traced to Venezuela.

Venezuela may spend $5 bln on Russian arms in next decade

MOSCOW, July 23 (RIA Novosti) - Venezuela may purchase weaponry from Russia worth $5 billion over the next 10 years, a Russian political analyst said on Wednesday.

During his official visit to Russia on Tuesday, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and the Russian leadership reaffirmed their mutual drive to strengthen bilateral defense cooperation.

"Regardless of the situation on global arms markets, Venezuela under Hugo Chavez will continue to buy Russian weaponry, and may spend $5 billion or more over the next 10 years on imports of Russian military equipment," said Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What's wrong with buying weapons from Russia? It upsets US hegemony too much?

Second line... I thought that first one would have cut it but my screen resolution is too big.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
TPTB have been wanting to invade Venezuela for years, so this is no suprise.

I imagine there would be a lot of people in suits scratching their heads to come up with a reason at the moment...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Ah, Dooper, the spirit of the eternal warrior! Can you be happy if America isn't spilling the blood of another country?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All this was "prophecied" by Aaron Russo

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Trash talking Chavez. Always finding a way to get media attention.

I think if the US wanted him gone, they would have done it long ago.

Can't wait for Columbia to kick his butt.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Whats the matter?

I can't expose the fact that both sides are playing a very dangerous game?
Or

That it takes two to tango?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

What's wrong with buying weapons from Russia? It upsets US hegemony too much?

Doubt if the US caress where Chaves chooses to spend the wealth of his citizens. Where else would Chavez buy good arms but from his buddies the Russians?

Venezuela may purchase weaponry from Russia worth $5 billion over the next 10 years, a Russian political analyst said on Wednesday.

The problem, of course is that as always because of Hugo the Venezuelans go without food and live in poverty while he arms himself to the teeth! And we wonder for what? What war is Hugo anticipating and with whom?

[edit on 28/10/09 by plumranch]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Whats the matter?

I can't expose the fact that both sides are playing a very dangerous game?
Or

That it takes two to tango?

If you want. I just didn't understand the relevance of your second source, which simply said Venezuela was buying weapons from Russia. The first source, saying some of those weapons and vehicles were ending up in the wrong hands, that made sense to me.

Originally posted by plumranch
The problem, of course is that as always because of Hugo the Venezuelans go without food and live in poverty while he arms himself to the teeth!

I hardly think an American has room to talk on that one. We spend more money on our military than any other nation on Earth, and our economy is crumbling.

I'm sure there is plenty of propaganda on both sides. The U.S.'s foreign policy is already screwed up enough even without Chavez's help demonizing our government, so I can only imagine what Venezuelans are over there saying about us right now.

The difference is, there is no way in hell Venezuela is ever going to invade the US.

We just need to grow up and learn how to seek peace instead of constantly seeking more money-making war. Or learn to recognize when you are just being fed propaganda to fuel another such money-making war, that will needlessly result in even more people being murdered than already are.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Crumbling? That is a discription of the current administration not the overall economy. The GDP went from $14550 T a year ago to a projected $14260 T end of '09. Not bad in a recession!

We just need to grow up and learn how to seek peace instead of constantly seeking more money-making war. Or learn to recognize when you are just being fed propaganda to fuel another such money-making war, that will needlessly result in even more people being murdered than already are.

I'm all for that in theory, too! But you might want to read some history, economics, and current world events and brush up on world political/ military agenda. There are real world leaders and events going on and it is not all about seeking peace!

Realistic analysis beats peace loving idealism every time IMHO? Whatever happened to Arthur Neville (appeasement) Chamberlain?? He was for peace also!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
Crumbling? That is a discription of the current administration not the overall economy. The GDP went from $14550 T a year ago to a projected $14260 T end of '09. Not bad in a recession!

The dollar itself is not even worth as much as it was a year ago.

I'm all for that in theory, too! But you might want to read some history

Unless you are reading history to learn from our mistakes and find a quicker way to peace, I suggest you stop reading if you really believe in peace. A lot of "history" is just modern propaganda. Ie, an excuse to continue killing people for money.

A lot of politicians say they are for peace and then authorize war. Go figure. After all you ARE talking about politicians.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Unless you are reading history to learn from our mistakes and find a quicker way to peace,

No, you need to read the history, I have lived through enough to know there is only occasional peace in this world.

Ever heard " A war to end all wars!". I remember that was said of both WWI and WWII. Right after that was the Koran war and on and on.

I suggest you stop reading if you really believe in peace.

I believe in a lot of things but not peace. Ain't going to happen here my friend, not for very long at least!

A lot of "history" is just modern propaganda. Ie, an excuse to continue killing people for money.

History is history. It tends to be written more by the victor than the vanquished but it's not an excuse except in your mind.

You have a problem with the agenda, take that up with Obama or George Soros or Hugo Chaves or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. I'm sure they would love to hear your ideas about world peace!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

The reason there is not going to be peace for a "very long time" is in your head. When you tell me there cannot be peace for a very long time, I believe it. But only because there are still people like you that think that way. That is the real problem at this point.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think there was a recent deployment of Rangers to Colombia. I could be mistaken. Venezuela is itching to use the new Russian hardware they received over the last few years. We have boys on the line, and we may wind up at war, at some point, with Venezuela.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

That is the real problem at this point.

Hope you feel better! And when you are 75 and thinking back about how there never was peace on Earth and it aint't looking good for prospects, just remember I was right!

But I know your politically correct idealism won't let you do that so anyway...

Have a PEACEFUL life! And be peaceful at heart my friend! etc.!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I do have a peaceful life. Even if others reject the idea, no one is stopping me from escaping all the war and bloodshed. And if I'm ever drafted, you can bet I'm going to be gone for good.

Having no faith in peace is one thing, being in a position where you would support war/bloodshed is something else entirely... And I'm still not sure which side of that fence you sit on (not that it really matters to me, either). I'm not sure how age determines anything, either. Stalin lived to be 74. All I'm saying is that if there were only peace in the minds of all the people that are so psychologically disturbed as to seek war and killing for the sake of war and killing (and money), there would be no more war and killing. I'm not sure why anyone would look to external remedies for the situation ("let's just blow them up; they're the bad guys!") when it's obvious that the imbalance from which all this arises comes from within us first. That is what needs to change, if peace is ever possible.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by bsbray11]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join