It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can I do for our country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If I were in control of the United States,I would do the following...
1.Declare this to be a christian nation.
2.The 10 commandments will be on display.
3.School prayer will be re-instated(those not wishing to participate may leave).
4.Evolution will be taught as a myth, with no proof to back up this theory.
5.English will be the national language.
6.Bring our troops home.
7.No foreign troops will be allowed inside our borders.
8.All borders will be closed.
9.All manufacturing jobs will be brought back.
10.Only american made products will be sold.
11.Southern states will be allowed to fly the confederate flag(african people fought
during the civil war as well as whites).
12.In case of martial law being declared,all law abiding citizens will be allowed to keep their weapons,providing proof of ownership.
13.Freeze all government salaries and spending.
14.The United nations will have to move off of american soil.
15.Banks will be under state and private control.
16.Immigration will be stopped until further notice.
17.No renewals on visas unless married to an american.
18.Foreign aide will be closed with a few exceptions.
19.Heath insurance companies will work with states and businesses to provide
coverage for all.
20.Social security,if you didn't put anything in you don't get anything.
21.Prison population will be reduced.
A.Death row inmates will be executed.
B.Child molesters and rapists will serve a mandatory life sentence without parole.
C.Rehabilitation will be provided for those who qualify.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I do agree with all of your statements but a couple of them do violate the constitution and so I would not support them.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Remove 1, 2, 3 and 4, and you got yourself a deal.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The first few make it sound like some sort of Christian dictatorship.

second line

[edit on 28-10-2009 by doped00]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Which ones violate the constitution? I really want to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
The first few make it sound like some sort of Christian dictatorship.

second line

It would be a christian nation,not a dictatorship.You can worship
whom ever you please.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Raise children with a good sense of what is going on in the World.
That is SO underrated as a method of effecting a positive change in the World.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I agree with the others, 1-4 are unacceptable as American values. Freedom of religion, and separation of church and state are key values that as an American I hold more sacred than the right to bear arms or freedom of speech.

That said, Xenophobia (which is basically what you've described as a policy) is not the answer to the problems that plague our great nation. The answer is also not globalism. The answer is a clear dividing line between the two, understanding that dividing line, and living within a set of guidelines that respects that dividing line.

In other words --

outsourcing to another country because the labor is cheaper = bad - Example: tech support

collaborating with other nations who share equal burden and reap equal reward = good -- example: Space exploration

These are just a couple of very simple examples. Realistically Xenophobia just doesn't work in the world we live in (anymore). Globalism however, does not either, at least not without sacraficing at least a small part of who you are as a nation.

Balance is key.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Ghostt]

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Ghostt]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
3.School prayer will be re-instated(those not wishing to participate may leave).
6.Bring our troops home.
11.Southern states will be allowed to fly the confederate flag(african people fought
12.In case of martial law being declared,all law abiding citizens will be allowed to keep their weapons,providing proof of ownership.
coverage for all.
B.Child molesters and rapists will serve a mandatory life sentence without parole.
Sounds like Fascism to me! I will go through all of these that are common with fascism and dictatorships.

2 Look at the posters of dictators all over the place. Have you seen V for Vendetta or read the comic? Look at the posters on the wall. 1984? Freedom through Slavery, Peace through War etc.
3,4 (There is no proof to back up Christianity either)8,10,16,17,21A

I do not agree. To authoritarian for me

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Definitely remove the first four, I wouldn't want to live in a christian theocracy as an atheist minority. The others seem good. However, if United Nations is to get out of American soil, then it should be with the compromise that the U.S. will remove ALL troops from every single place in the world (The "remove all troops" line was a little vague). Also, you will have to rely on international trade up to an extent, the U.S. may be the biggest producer of food but the reason why we even have international trade is that many of our products are not created by the United States. In fact, stopping trade with other countries means that we won't get imports on books, Japanese cars, computers and software from foreign countries and companies that the U.S. does not produce, etc. It would practically be a disaster, we need to have at least international trade.

Also, by all borders being closed, do you mean higher security to stop mass illegal immigration or a stop to tourism?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

6.Bring our troops home.
coverage for all.

1. Wont work. Even Christians disagree on the Christian faith. And I dont agree with many things some Christians "preach"
2. Does not matter if they are displayed or not. Holds no relevance to anything having them displayed.
3. I dont want my child having any religion in school - see #1 - that is why she is in public school
4. Though I cant list right now, as a Christian who believes in creation - I also believe that things do evolve and there are some things about evolution that are true.
7. Many foreign troops work here in conjunction with ours now. I see no issue with this.
10. Prepare to pay for extremely expensive USA made things - because we will have to pay the employees much more than foreign workers are paid. Unless you will elminate min wage and companies will be allowed to pay their workers pennies - which nobody would ever work for.
Also, I have a number of non-American things I have bought that are extremely well made and inexpensive. I have no issue buying non-American for some things.
12. If you are in control, why would you have martial law???
16. Absolutely nothing wrong with Immigration. Many of my friends are not from America. If they want to move here and live, and do it the legal way - they should be allowed too.
17. So people will marry just for the Visa. Happens all the time. Wont work.
21. How do you propose this to happen? Need more substance than that

Other than those things, I agree with the other stuff

[edit on October 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sounds pretty totalitarianistic to me, and there's a reason why its called the "theory" of evolution. I would have to say whomever put those 21 ideas into action would get a swift stay in the 6' under club, maybe that's a reason why Christianity has slowly been removed as the national religion...don't want a repeat of 1095-1291.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Many years ago,I took an oath,I will try and remember how it goes...
I will do my best, to do my duty, to my God and my country!
My duty is to God first,my country second.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Many years ago,I took an oath,I will try and remember how it goes...
I will do my best, to do my duty, to my God and my country!
My duty is to God first,my country second.

Ah, nope, I swore alliance to uphold the country and it's constitution and was sworn in with a majority of Greek Orthodox People. I remember the same oath being repeated by members of minority religions though.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yeah I took the same oath, but the Boyscouts did not want a authoritarian religious government. Took another oath many years later to protect the people who abide by the constitution, again no crusading mentioned there heh.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Why? What's wrong with millions of other faith and religious people. May be, you should have added the disclaimer ... "in no particular or random order"?

Guess not, seems like a priority list to me from a person with no religious freedom? In the US of A in 2009? I hope not ...

Why? To brainwash kids into superstitious beliefs like religion? Besides what happens to the freedom of religion in your own constitution?

Right, lets keep science out of the kids heads, huh? Right, and it gets replaced by a creation myth, huh? Sorry, even as an unrelated scientist (I am a philologist of the German and Hellenic (Greek) language and literature. University of Athens Graduate.) I cannot believe that someone serious would even propose this in a fully and well functioning Republic, like the USA, not to mention the Hellenic Republic.

Last time I checked from way over the pond English was the official and legal binding language in the US of A?

6.Bring our troops home.

It's the only thing I agree so far.

Why? Is that different now? Ok, then get the hell out of my country with your military and your bases, too. Nup, wan't happen, and here's why: what WWII taught us in Europe is that peace and cooperation in capitalist democracies or republics is better than senseless slaughter among ourselves.

Temporarily or permanently?

All in a day's job, huh?

Originally posted by mamabethi

Sounds National Capitalism to me. Bad for business and capitalist in general. Granted it may look like good for US business, but one valuable lesson history the USA has hopefully learned, is that isolationism is a dead end. And Capitalism doesn't work that way. From time to time you have to wonder, especially during global financial recess.

No, it's one nation, one flag.

Why not swear them in as militia, too? But who am I to judge?

to be continued may be? Nah, not likely, 12/20 and I, a scientist, agree only to your point about bringing the troops back home.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Though I agree with many things you are saying, I wanted to correct a couple of things:

Last time I checked from way over the pond English was the official and legal binding language in the US of A?

There is no official and legal binding language of the USA. But English is the predominate language spoken here. Here in the states, seems like most products you can buy come with English and Spanish
because Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language.

No, it's one nation, one flag.

Not necessarily true. We have 50 states, who also have individual flags. Many people fly their state flag and US flag. Also the confederate flag is rooted in much history - just because racists use it, does not necessarily mean it is a racial thing.

[edit on October 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

That oath I was talking about,was the girlscout oath in the 60's!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostt

I agree with the others, 1-4 are unacceptable as American values. Freedom of religion, and separation of church and state are key values that as an American I hold more sacred than the right to bear arms or freedom of speech.

What would you do, if you woke up one morning,and the christians were
all gone?How would you feel if they were replaced by radical islam?
How many freedoms do you think you would have then?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

3.School prayer will be re-instated

The level of ignorance you show is astounding. You know nothing about science, and very little about economics.

Evolution is a fact that can be documented and observed, and is still going on to this today. What you really want to argue against is a theory like abiogenesis which suggests that life came from non-life.

Only American products will be sold, no imports, no international labour. Okay, you go ahead and try that. Unionized labour is not going to take the pay cut required to make this viable, the country would bankrupt itself trying to rebuild a manufacturing sector to supply all the things we currently get from China. If you think energy prices are high now, wait until you cut off all external supplies.

You think America is bad now. If your plans were implimented, you would quickly be on the path to becoming the next Libya, Iran, or North Korea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join