It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich Strikes Back At Beck: His Agenda Is A ‘Very Destructive Model For The Republican Party’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This move by Newt Gingrich is precisely why we have very liberal Democrats running every function of elected federal government.

We went with the "moderate" turd the Republican Party and moderates suggested we vote for, suggesting that in such a manner, "moderates" will vote for McCain too.

And the Republicans got their asses kicked.

Many "Republicans" were RINO's.

We need a conservative party. I don't care what the name is, but a true Conservative party will win elections.

We tried it the other way, and we know that doesn't work.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Uh, I guess you like Beck.
Trouble is, most people see him as a hack, a nut with zero credibility.
I think that's Newts point. For once I agree with Newt.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What is this weeks definition of "conservatism".
I keep hearing "return to roots". What does that mean?
Is Limbaugh your style? The whole thing seems very, very, vague
Think that might be part of the problem?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

We went with the "moderate" turd the Republican Party and moderates suggested we vote for, suggesting that in such a manner, "moderates" will vote for McCain too.

Wait a minute! Rommney was the turd all the Repub leaders wanted, not McCain. It was THE VOTERS IN THE PRIMARIES that gave McCain the nod!
If the anointed ones had won, it would have been Hillary vs Rommney!
Every Repub pundit squawked at the prospect of McCain, touting Rommney instead!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

First of all, you're attributing things to me I didn't say. Nothing about roots. I didn't mention Rush.

Your response to me was contrived flatulence. Meaning, you just squeezed that out your ***.

I don't much care anymore. We're getting the government that we as a nation elected.

And this nation is in a rapid downward spiral.

It's when it crashes that the very ones who desired these elected officials will be the most vulnerable.

You want help identifying Conservatives?

When the country catches fire, they'll be the ones surviving, doing for themselves - as usual.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

"Most people"..Please...spare us all that lie..Have you seen his ratings? I'd have to say that "Most people" are watching Glenn Becks show..everyday..well..except for you that is

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
I must be living in a fog myself...Does someone have a list of LIES that Glenn Beck has been spreading on his show, that has made him a destructive force?
I REALLY need to see a list, of the LIES that this man, Glenn Beck, has been making up about the Obama administration..
If all his ramblings are in fact LIES, then by golly we can take him to court for slander!
Anyone have that list of LIES???

Anyone??

[edit on 28-10-2009 by MissysWorld]

Yes...he is a real beacon of truth and sanity .....

Craziest Glenn Beck Quotes

This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist."

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

"Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]."

"So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening."

"O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

First of all, you're attributing things to me I didn't say. Nothing about roots. I didn't mention Rush.

Your response to me was contrived flatulence. Meaning, you just squeezed that out your ***.

I don't much care anymore. We're getting the government that we as a nation elected.

And this nation is in a rapid downward spiral.

It's when it crashes that the very ones who desired these elected officials will be the most vulnerable.

When the country catches fire, they'll be the ones surviving, doing for themselves - as usual.

Gee, any particular reason you need to be such an angry jerk?
I merely asked you some questions, I didn't attribute anything to you.
Really impressive.
You just made the ignore list as someone that can't even articulate their own beliefs!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Tunnel vision much?
So....you actually think MOST people in America watch Beck?
Maybe such snotty attitudes like you and Dooper is why people despise Republicans!
Why in the Hell are you people so hostile?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

We sure are sensitive, aren't we? If you don't want to be called on things, don't make such broad, mistaken assumptions, and try responding either to a post, or the thread topic.

To start blowing out your backside and then getting offended is not a productive intellectual exchange.

And if politics are too difficult to discuss, or if it's too much trouble to actually look up the ratings for Beck, maybe you can start a cooking thread or something.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

To be fair, the tone of the exchange aside, you did call for a return to “true” conservative party and he asked you to define that.

I was waiting for an answer as well and what you offered was a quip about the country catching fire ..not an answer.

You were the one to call for the return to “true” conservatism, you should be willing to provide a definition.

Just my 2 cents.

We need a conservative party. I don't care what the name is, but a true Conservative party will win elections.

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by dooper

What is this weeks definition of "conservatism".
I keep hearing "return to roots". What does that mean?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I think the posters behavior more than answers any questions.
Draw your own conclusions! I always get a laugh out of righteous anger.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"Check his ratings"...if that's considered to be a "snotty" attitude, then we are all in more trouble than I thought..
BTW..Where's the list of LIES Glenn Beck has been slandering against the White House?? And please..we are talking about researched facts, that Glenn has on his show, NOT his opinion pieces..
List???

[edit on 29-10-2009 by MissysWorld]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yeah, whatever. So why am I supposed to be supplying a list of anything?
the topic was Newt's statement. I gave my opinion, if I ask any of you "conservatives" anything specific, you just resort to insults. And what do Becks ratings have to do with Newt Gingrich's statement and the future of the republican Party anyway? American Idol is rated higher than Beck will ever be, so do we take that show seriously?
As for the other poster, I think he's just a blowhard, he makes me laugh. i'm not wasting any time on him.
You seem to want to defend beck, I couldn't care less if you like him or not.
Care to stick to the topic?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't see that I am defending Beck..
I AM defending the right to speak the TRUTH.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't see that I am defending Beck..
I AM defending the right to speak the TRUTH.

And who are you defending against?Newt Gingrich? Who's taking away Becks right to rave?
The TRUTH huh?

I never trust anyone that capitalizes truth!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

My apologies, as you are correct. I did not answer the question.

Now if you guys can't read my mind - please! Speak up!

What I intended to convey, psychic-ly, is the Republican Party is filled with some really left-leaning pretenders. These RINO's have infested the Republican Party, whereas the Conservatives have no reasonable alternative Party.

Conservatives, meaning the absolute minimum of government, and even then, most of that should be in the States - not the Central government.

Again, my apologies for not addressing the question.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who’d previously warned that backing Hoffman in the NY-23 House race amounted to a “purge” of the GOP, told POLITICO Saturday morning that he was now endorsing the conservative, "and believe[s] everyone who wants to create jobs with lower taxes and to control spending and deficits should vote for Hoffman Tuesday."

www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

Hmmmm, looks like Gingrich read the tea leaves wrong........

[edit on 31-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It does look like the mainstream GOP is in a bit of a pickle. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yeah, it will be fun to see what happens. I wonder if the Democrats will have a similar splinter group if the 2010 elections go badly for them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join