It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Rats! City to Pay for Informing on Tax Cheats

www.nbcchicago.com

Chicago and Cook County residents aren’t the only ones about to get shocking tax news; the city is debuting a “tax whistle-blower” plan that could turn neighbor against neighbor in Chicago’s business community.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wonder what else governments will end up paying for information on. Does your neighbor have guns? Rat them out! Does your neighbor have a stockpile of food? Rat them out!

Did not Hitler and the Nazis pay informants to tell them where Jews were hiding?

What all will this government want to know about us?

www.nbcchicago.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My question is how is anyone going to know if you cheated on your taxes unless you tell them?

Really if I were cheating on my taxes it would never cross my lips that I was doing so.

I do a rise in topics regarding informing on others but this sort of thing has been around since at least the 60’s I believe with neighborhood watch. Actually it was around before that when people reported things others were doing if it did not seem right.

I am not defending this new tell on tax cheats, just saying it has been around for some time is all. It really is nothing new, just the media making more light of it perhaps.

Raist

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I betya obama had some dodgy tax returns lol.

Chicago must be a mean place for that sort of person to get through the ranks. I wonder how many $600 toilet seats he claimed for, lol.

p.s its just a figure of speech i don't have proof that obama brought $600 toilet seats.

new topics

top topics

join