It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and time travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If aliens are so sophisticated beings, do you think it would be possible for them to go through out all aspects of our time so it appears to us that they have been visiting us for a coupple of millenium.
But in fact they have only been doing it for a few years.

Your Thoughts!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yes i agree with the fellow abouve since no one else will, i may as well do so.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, my guess is that you would not be able to travel back in time until you have created the time device. Somehow you would need a reference to tell the machine how far to go back or to stop. I would have a guess to say that you would somehow have to mark time slices and save them as a reference. But, then the reality may change as well. Are you back in the same dimension..... Right now, we only see in the past as movies that have already happened.

I mean we can only see in the past right? Let me clarify. The suns light does not reach us for many minutes. The moon is something like 6 minutes or so. So, if the moon blew up now, we would still see the moon the same for 6 minutes after it happened. Well...... Let us move closer when I look at you, listen to you, touch you... etc etc... there are reaction times.... It take a small fraction of a fraction of a second for the light to reach me. Hence, I am always seeing in the past. Everything we see is something that has already been acted out.

Now if you could travel to the past, could you have influence in the past. Well, if we saved a time slice, would that only show up as a movie view towards us? Or, if we can interact and affect the environment, will we be in another dimension, of one of the possible futures of many. If we can change the past to affect now, then the future is set and we are just actors in a script. Wow, my brain is exploding... ha ah

Anyway, I guess I think that they have been able to for a while, based on my theory that there is the need for a reference point. But, if a way is found as to not having to have a reference point, then anything is possible. But, then why not just take over the world in the Early days and mine strip the planet for everything it has? ha ha

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well JC u have apoint but, what if somone went back in time, changed the past.

well the past is the past no matter what happens our past will re-write itself to confirm what he/she did change.

We wont relise what change accured because to us it will be the sam past we have always know.

Get it, i hope so.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Heres my theory....

I think the chaos theory dictates that no 2 things can happen exactly the same way but that doesnt mean it can change anything either, example ...you go back in timeand try to stop lee harvey or whoever assassinated JFk , every time you went back to stop him, someone else would kill him , or LHO would be in a different position based on your knowledge... there are too many paradoxes concerned with time travel , which i think makes it impossible, however, i do believe in alternate time-lines which could be created every time the past is changed, maybe the aliens have a different time relativity to us and 1000 years our time very well could be 1 year to an alien ..because of the speed they travel.... just my 2 penneth feel free to criticise lol

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Mindsmog]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
>there are too many paradoxes concerned with time travel ,
>which i think makes it impossible

paradoxes seem to be a normal part of existance. For example the Big Bang (everything came from nothing)

I think many of the time travel related paradoxes we concern ourselves with would actually be self relsoving. You cannot go back in time and change the past because you didn't do this. Get it? Your journey to the past has already happened (if you were to take it).

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
You cannot go back in time and change the past because you didn't do this. Get it? Your journey to the past has already happened (if you were to take it).

So, are you saying that we cannot go back in time period? I may have to concede that point. But, if you say that we cannot go back in time (on the same time line) and cannot change it because we did not. But, what if we did? If I went to talk to H.G. Wells about the Time Machine book he wrote. Maybe he did not write it yet or even had the idea yet, maybe I planted the seed in his head. But, under this I would have changed the past by my future self. But, does this mean that the past cannot happen without the future. Does that mean that we are just actors acting out a play? I mean the book could not have been written unless you future self went their. hmmmmm......

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt

paradoxes seem to be a normal part of existance. For example the Big Bang (everything came from nothing)

Assuming the big bang theory isn't just a theory

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the only timetravel we humans ever will be able to do is:
-looking at starlight that travelled a million years in space.
-holding a rock in our hand that is 10.000 years old
-looking at old pix,film,video and audio from the past.

as humans our bodycells could not go anyway into a process of dividing a complete living body and afterwards re-assembly it to the same living body after been transmitted by kinda electronic/magnetic/... device from one place to another place in the universe.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree with nogodsintheuniverse , unless of course somebody can give a good argument for time travel. They would be very brave though, timetravel has been struggled with by a host of top scientists and philosophers alike.
good luck

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
actully it is possiblt to travel back in time,
only by traveling away from an object (earth) at the speed of light or faster speed, can it be possible to travel back in time.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well,

I believe that if we can harness the ability to travel into an alternate reality,(as I believe there are an infinite number of them) then we may be able to travel back in time so to speak. But this would require a lot of research and investigation.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by ASSASSIN651]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
exactly, but how can the future exist without the past, and how can the past exist without the future.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Actually, according to the Holographic Universe theory, the past and present are actually one in the same.....

Of course, a physicists named Robert Mallet is actually working on making a realt time machine......

www.phys.uconn.edu...

There is proof it can work... Read his info, then come back and talk about the possibility...

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
think you've said enough

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
in pure technology anything goes...but the actual hardware stuff fails because of simple natural laws.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i think timetravel is a impossiblietiy i really dont think it can be done.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
as per example of starlight that travelled 1 milion years in space before we can observe it...we see a past,but that is purely unreachable for us !
all we see around us is PAST !
never ever was there a report of something that we did see BEFORE it took place.
so we are already heavy handicaped this way.
in timetravel there should be 3 stations:past,NOW and future.
could it be that each station is contained inside his own dimension ?
a past,now and future dimension ?
can't these dimensions mix or blend into eachother ?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i beleive time travel will happen in the future, possibly by wormholes that have existed in past and still exist now could be travelled through to the past an present, possibly even to the future? cause if the past, present exist so does the future of the here an now does too? so the future now would be a NOW and our NOW we left would be the PAST NOW.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
so if i go now now than i can see myself in the past now before i return to
the now now or should i go first to the future now now ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join