It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Discovered in Earths Orbit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Norad has claimed, on the record, that through their radar, optics, and telemetry that they can see any object in the sky larger than a marble from 100 meters out to the distance of the moon.

All of the objects out there are catalogued.

Something "unknown" showing up would be a surprise, and important.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just had a memory pop in...

Does anyone remember a story some years ago now, about a 'mysterious satellite' that had been found in orbit during the 90's?

I think it was the 90's, although the memory is a bit sketchy.

The name 'Dark Knight' or 'Black knight' ring a bell?

I remember it was said at the time, that it was huge. About 100ft huge (so ties in with the diameter of 100ft being reported for this 'new' thing)

Apparently, or so the story went, astronauts boarded the thing and initial inspections indicated that it was VERY old. Something on the order of 100,000+ years old. The technology was obviously advanced. But human sized and seemingly designed by humans and with us in mind. Although it was studied, and you can bet your bottom dollar it has been studied a LOT since it's discovery, we were unable to interface with it to learn from it's data storage/computers. This has probably been overcome as of now.

If any of this story is more than just a story, you can bet we have found a way of interrogating it's computers by now.

IF (and it is a fairly BIG if) any of this is true, i prefer to imagine it is from us.

Designed and built by our ancestors during a golden period in our distant past, some 100,000 years ago. It may be an 'ark' to save our entire knowledge up to the point that the golden age ended.

Perhaps a calamity, a massive war, or prophetically...a nasty virus was wiping us out, in order to preserve something of themselves for any possible future generations to learn from, they built and launched this satellite to orbit forever, with the hope that one day humanity would claw itself back up from the ashes of it's former glory and again venture into space.

It could be that...or it could be a warning buoy to all other races. Don't visit this planet...they are savages, and under strict quarantine protocols until Earth date 2012...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I'm liking your thought's about the Dark Knight, however it has already been discussed a couple of pages back, so you may want to read the entire thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

How in the world did we get all that stuff up there?

I am surprised we haven't had some major communications disruption.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i seem to recall that both China and India and Japan have all sent moon mission instrument packages aloft.

the unknown space debris might not be known & catalogued by the US or
British Agencies at this moment...but will surely be tracked in the future.

'Apollo' era space junk... since when did the USA have a monopoly on space junk...Russia, China, India, Japan, France, perhaps Israel? all have contributed

there's even rumors that Iran is launching into space
(which is different than launching into an 'orbit')

an elongated 31 day orbit compares in what way to the ~29 circular orbit of the Moon?
will the object ever collide with the Moon?
hmmm

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Are you forgetting that this object has been known since about 1957?

And who paints their stuff Black?

Certainly the US knows about it. Our guys took the photo in 1998.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You guys shouldn't be waiting for the Media to tell you what it is because it will most probably be a bunch of bull as always, as you know.

Most of us are just waiting to have a good laugh about what they will say this time but sadly most of the people will eat what they say it is, unfortunately.

Media: The object in the picture was a high altitude weather balloon.
People: Wow, it´s definitely not like a weather balloon but if they say so... its because it is.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by polar]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by polar

Perhaps not this time.
Perhaps this is the oppertunity for DISCLOSURE.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Let us not forget the story of VG 1991. Possibly the only verified artificial body that derive from Earth

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Aww it would be so good but the chances to happen just for that picture are very low. I don't like the word disclosure i like more to say that they would admit it was just not an Earth made ship. Or maybe it is! who knows

reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

I was unaware of that event thank you for posting it very interesting!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by polar]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
No...of course you wouldn't. These bit's and pieces of junk, have been mapped and their trajectories plotted, since the early days...there is not much up there (from Earth) bigger than a golf ball that they don't know about, and know precisely it's orbital path.

An object in a 31 day orbit is not much of a threat to any other satellite since no other satellites normally compete for that kind of orbit. The vast majority of space junk tracking occurs for low earth orbit junk since that's where the most conflicts occur. It's also much easier to track very small objects close to earth than far from earth. A 31 day orbit takes you WAY out there.

I'll get around to taking a picture of it when I get around to it lol. I admit I got a bit side tracked doing some imaging of the orion nebula for my folks back home. That's done now, but my current priority is imaging STS-129 during a pass on thanksgiving. I'll see if I can squeeze this mystery object in before then, it's estimated to be magnitude 22 right now so that's a tall order. I've also been having some wierd computer problems; camera won't connect for live image download, autoguider locks up, etc.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Well I hope you have good luck viewing and getting an image of this mystery object. I look forward to hearing back from you.

[edit on 11/19/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
USA and probably Russia and several other Nations have Satellites up there than could photograph anything in orbit within line of sight. You ever hear the stories of them having Satellites that can read they date off a dime on the ground from orbit? That is the truth 100%. They now even have limited real time surveillance with very similar resolution. There is nothing visible up there that could not be photographed and identified if they chose to do so. Most of the time these resources are pointed at the mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

If there are ancient satellites chilling in our orbit they know about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Great! im eager to see if you get picture of that thing!
this "Black Knight" have always intrigued me and i`ve always loved
the idea that it might be from humankinds distant past.
Just seems there are not lot of information around about this mystery object...

well ,atleast not much information amongst us common folks

lol:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

'Apollo' era space junk... since when did the USA have a monopoly on space junk...Russia, China, India, Japan, France, perhaps Israel? all have contributed

I believe you have failed to understand the meaning of the description.

"'Apollo' era space junk" means.... objects in "space" which are remnants of activity from "NASA" type programs during the time period in which the Apollo missions were active.

In no way does it imply that anyone has a monopoly on anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ok astronomers... it's time for the "Mystery Object" to return. Lets have identifiable photos of it this time.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have to wonder why it is so hard for those in authority to just say, "We don't know what that thing is."

There are plenty of clues that we have been visited by beings from outer space.
From the Bible we have:
They come from a far country, from the end of
heaven… (Isaiah 13:3)

Who are these that fly in a cloud, as the doves
to their windows…? (Isaiah 9:8)

In Our Haunted Planet by John
Keel, we read:
"According to the traditions of many isolated peoples, the first great emperors in Asia were
god-kings who came down from the sky, displayed amazing superhuman abilities, and took
over. There was a veritable worldwide epidemic of these god-kings between 5,000 and 1,000 BC…"

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you may not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. " --Robert Heinlein

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And.....anyone manage to take a picture?

It's still there

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Where would it go?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Like you still hungry for a picture and if it did go somewhere how would that be explained. We will probably have to wait untill it swings by again.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join