It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Discovered in Earths Orbit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You know what I mean....If you know where it will be and you don't know what it is, then I thought perhaps someone with a telescope would get curious enough to have a look. The opposite seems to be true; we don't know what it is, but it keeps going 'round and around. Phew, that's another thing we don't have to worry about!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The score is now: 2 known passes by the 'Mystery Object'...
and 2 failures to identify it by the astronomers and the space station crew.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Why wouldnt you look at a UFO if you knew where it was? Im sure "they" have taken pictures of it but for some reason "they" are keeping those for themselves!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

I wasn't really sure what you meant.
Unless it's really pretty big, it isn't too easy to "take a look" at an object 50,000 miles away.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i don't know if this has already been suggested, but somebody definitely has to get in touch with these guys.

There are thousands of amateur satellite observers active today, but Molczan is a leader of an informal group of 20 or so who specialize in so-called black satellites, the orbits of which are not disclosed, and the existence of which is often classified. Molczan and his band of associates monitor some 140 classified US satellites, like the Lacrosse radar imaging satellites, which can see through cloud cover and darkness and produce photo-quality images of targets on Earth.

Wired Article: I Spy

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
In about 8 or 9 days, the "Mystery Object" (9U01FF6) is due to make it's 3rd known pass by the Earth. That is... if it has not returned home yet.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
well seems like some astronomers are trying to figure out what it is!

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

hmm... unusual artificial satellite (artsat) ? do they know something we dont?
damn would give my right testicle to get to see it on telescope....

[edit on 22-12-2009 by zoomer72]

[edit on 22-12-2009 by zoomer72]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

That message thread ended on Oct 28, 2009 - with no identification of the mystery object. The object passed by again around November 28, without comment on that site. It is due to pass again in about 8 days, and they should be discussing their preparations to finally catch and identify it as it pass. But there is no such discussion there that I see. I think they gave up.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
too bad, what i read somewhere is that they calculated it to bee 2-3 m in diameter which rules out it to be remnants from apollo missions ,
if it would be something related to those the diameter would be bigger.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In about 2 more days the Mystery Object should be making another pass. Everyone get ready to smile and wave at it as it flys by.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The 'mystery object' 9U01FF6 made another close pass by the Earth on Dec. 30. What I find interesting is that the distance was not the typically given ~50,000 miles, but about 38,000. I checked back over the ephemerides at the Distant Artificial Satellite Observation Page at the Harvard University, Harvard College Observatory website. The distances for all three know perigees are as follows: Oct. 29 -- 50,772 miles; Nov. 28 -- 46,910 miles; Dec. 30 -- 37,938 miles. It gets closer at each pass, and by a larger amount each time. Ross

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Ross 54]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
The 'mystery object' 9U01FF6 made another close pass by the Earth on Dec. 30. What I find interesting is that the distance was not the typically given ~50,000 miles, but about 38,000. I checked back over the ephemerides at the Distant Artificial Satellite Observation Page at the Harvard University, Harvard College Observatory website. The distances for all three know perigees are as follows: Oct. 29 -- 50,772 miles; Nov. 28 -- 46,910 miles; Dec. 30 -- 37,938 miles. It gets closer at each pass, and by a larger amount each time. Ross

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Ross 54]

Getting closer? Interesting news. How could that happen if this is apollo era space junk?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It could just be an Asteroid or Meteor that has been caught in Earths Gravity, it the orbit stabilizes, we could well have our third Moon, unless it is Cruithne has changes it's orbit, and you don't believe Lilith to exist.

But a rock being pulled into a stable orbit could well be, not that it would stay there for long.

As for it being a part of Apollo, I very much doubt it, they know the location of almost very part of the Missions that are still flying around, there was a similarly described object reported in a higher orbit than the Moon several years ago, even reported on one of the Apollo Missions if I remember right, perhaps that has been pulled closer.

Does anyone know if all the Apollo ascent modules actually crashed into the Moon? or could they still be in orbit? and caught by Earth?

So many different reasonable explanations as to what it could be, still remains however the mystery of something that we cant yet explain, I would say however, if it was an object piloted by ET, why would it not just enter orbit? why would it be on an elongated continuous orbit instead? I just hope it does not deteriorate into an impact.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The score is now: 3 known passes by the 'Mystery Object'...
and 3 failures to identify it by the astronomers and the space station crew.

If it is coming closer with each pass, maybe they can get a picture of it... after it lands on the White House lawn.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
...How could that happen if this is apollo era space junk?

Becuase the S-IVB from Apollo 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 were left in space, and one of them conceivably could have settled into a very elliptical orbit around the Earth that brings it close to the Earth every 30 days.

People think this could be the S-IVB from Apollo 12. That means that there are potentially 4 more out there somewhere, either in orbits around the Earth or in orbit around the Sun. The other four are most likely somewhere in the orbital path of the Earth around the Sun, if not orbiting the Earth itself.

You ask how could it happen, but I would ask you where else do you think that hardware could go?

[edit on 1/1/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The photos in the vid were taken in 1998. It is said that it is 100 feet in diameter.
Don't you think they know how big their landers (or whatever) were?

Dont you think they would know what shape it was?

Don't you think that "they" have better pictures of it than the ones in the vid?

And don't you think they would know if any of them were painted Black?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Analysis of the orbit of the 'mystery object' 9U01FF6 revealed that it has been circling Earth for several years. Given the relatively short orbital period of ~31.5 days, it seems reasonable that the orbit would have largely stabilized before now. The marked changes in its orbit since October, and the reported absence of systematic variations in brightness, such as would be expected from a rotating asteroid or tumbling 'space junk', suggest that another explanation for this object is worth considering. The object has gone from 17th magnitude at the October perigee to 15th at the one just a few days ago. A little more brightening will bring it within the reach of a great many amateur astronomer's telescopes. It will be very interesting to see what we have, both in brightness and distance from Earth at the next close approach, at the end of January. Ross

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
ATS should start a 'ATS Satellite Fund'

We try and raise a few million LOL
Then we could launch our own satellite and investigate all this kind of mysterious objects ourselves

Anyone have any idea how much a satellite with High Definition camera onboard would run?

How many ppl use ATS?
How many people would actually contribute to something like this?

Probaly not something ATS alone could accomplish, but organized with astronomer's and organiztions from around the globe.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

ats should absolutely develop a full blown investigative branch

i know id love to sign up to work for it

but back on topic, what bothers me about all this, is what this says about our technology

if we believe them in that they have not figured out what it is yet, and have just given up

how many other things have they given up on? how many other things are out there that could potentially be alien to us that we have no clue about?

and if we cant find out info on something that close, how are we supposed to believe what they tell us about things that are much farther?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

There's about 10,500 members on ATS.

Probably about 2-3000 regular users...

SOoooo...we'll each need to cough up about 5,000 each!!

(g-u-l-p)

I'll wait... thanks anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join