It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

incredible bursts from sun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Signals
OK....very basic sun question here-

How long does it take sunlight to get to earth?
If I remember correctly, about 4 hours.

But knowing me, I just made that up......

7 minutes

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by On the level

I think if that is real, we are pretty much going to have blackouts...

yeah... ahem.. good thing the banking industry just ALL upgraded their systems all at once on the same freaking day...

hmmm coincidence???

THIS IS WHAT IS BEING SEEN that the public isn't allowed to....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b709f0b3dbf5.jpg[/atsimg]

(imo.)

-

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
reply to post by apacheman

Have you ever tried to take pictures in the dark, of a very bright light, while moving really fast?

It produces much of the same effect.

So the whole web site was taken down why? I have seen a CME Burnout before but that will not affect the web site. They rotate that thing so slow I doubt we would get that effect. Nothing else was affected in the background but things disappeared because of the brightness of the flash.

I have been watching SOHO since 2004 when Ed Dames called for a major flare to erupt, the same year the Tidal wave from hell struck. He predicted the flare and then later the Tidal wave destroyed Indonesia.

Whats in the screen shot does not look like a flare but the before and after effect from a big one. Other sources are saying no but we will have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcherHe predicted the flare and then later the Tidal wave destroyed Indonesia.

The deadly tsunami in 2004 was generated by a massive 9.1 EQ, not a solar flare.

As luck would have it I did find a couple pictures of a Solar Flare Event which occurred 3 days AFTER the 2004 EQ/Tsunami:

Then does this mean that powerful EQ's on Earth cause CME's and solar eruptions on our Sun??

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
could someone find out when the LAST "roll" that SOHO did was?

or how often they do these "rolls" ?

how convenient would it be that during a massive SOLAR POLAR REVERSAL... would fall on a day they 'soincidentally' told SOHO to "roll" ?..

could we even tell if the flare directions were moving or not?

are these 'rolls' really being activated? or do they also roll.. and 'say' they're doing a roll.. but not rolling... while the poles flip...

someone track the background artifacts versus the position of the flares...
should provide some reference as to any actual rotation.. via sun or soho..

i'd do it but my internet is too ureliable right now to do much...

how often do we see SOHO told to 'roll' and also compare background artifacts (stars etc)...

thx

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
how convenient would it be that during a massive SOLAR POLAR REVERSAL...

Scientists already confirmed that the Sun had gone through a Magnetic Polar Reversal, weeks ago, when they determined the polarity of a recent sunspot.

Our Sun undergoes a Magnetic Pole Reversal every ~11 yrs at the beginning of it's new 11 year solar cycle. There was nothing "massive" about the Sun's Magnetic Pole reversal which occurred recently just like it has thousands of times in the past.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by apacheman

I think this deserves a LOT more attention. Does someone out there that normally monitors these know if it's normal for them all to be down at once?

SOHO is up and running. The Sun has a small spot on it that will not last long. I have been keeping track and they are short lived. No big news on the sleeping sun except that every once in a great while it opens one eye only to go back to sleep. 2005 was one of the biggest years for the sun in breaking flare and spot records. One spot was almost 20 times the size of the Earth. Pay no attention to the pimple on the cheek of the sun. It will be gone in four days.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

how convenient would it be that during a massive SOLAR POLAR REVERSAL...

Scientists already confirmed that the Sun had gone through a Magnetic Polar Reversal, weeks ago, when they determined the polarity of a recent sunspot.

Our Sun undergoes a Magnetic Pole Reversal every ~11 yrs at the beginning of it's new 11 year solar cycle. There was nothing "massive" about the Sun's Magnetic Pole reversal which occurred recently just like it has thousands of times in the past.

could you provide some links to this news?
the sun just did it's most recent pole reversal within the past couple weeks???

where's it say that?
who said it happened?

ok .. 'MINISCULE' solar polar reversal... excuse my embellishing it's magnitude......

-

[edit on 26-10-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zerocd

Actually it varies in amount of time, 7-8.5 minutes very appx. Shorter time in the northern hemisperes winter, longer in its summer. Shorter in December-longer in July.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcherHe predicted the flare and then later the Tidal wave destroyed Indonesia.

The deadly tsunami in 2004 was generated by a massive 9.1 EQ, not a solar flare.

As luck would have it I did find a couple pictures of a Solar Flare Event which occurred 3 days AFTER the 2004 EQ/Tsunami:

Then does this mean that powerful EQ's on Earth cause CME's and solar eruptions on our Sun??

I wasn't saying that the flare caused it. Did I say that, NO!! I thought it happened just before that but now i remember it was just after the quake and wave. You need to read what people right instead of just spouting off on what you think they mean.

Just so you are aware. There have been many links to flares causing quakes here on earth, not the way you have proposed. In theory if we have a mega quake here and it causes a flux in the gravitational field it can also cause Solar quakes witch will erupt out solar flares. Science has said that not me.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

could you provide some links to this news?
the sun just did it's most recent pole reversal within the past couple weeks???

where's it say that?
who said it happened?

ok .. 'MINISCULE' solar polar reversal... excuse my lambashing...

-

I goofed when I said in recent "weeks". I should have said "months ago" or "Many months ago". The Sun's magnetic polarity reversed back in Jan of 2008 when we entered Solar Cycle 24:

science.nasa.gov...

www.solarcycle24.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hum, this sun spot appeared over this last weekend, eh? Well, I wonder how long before someone here on ATS connect this solar event with them firing up the Large Hadron Collider this weekend too. "Oh no, the LHC is a secret project to manipulate and control the sun!"

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
In theory if we have a mega quake here and it causes a flux in the gravitational field it can also cause Solar quakes witch will erupt out solar flares.

So you are trying to convince us of this:

I was being sarcastic, but apparently that's exactly what you were trying to imply.
I'm not reading anything into your post which you did not just write yourself.

Go ahead and provide us some links to some of this "science" which shows that powerful EQ's on Earth cause eruptions and CME's on our Sun.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We are also at the quietest point in the solar cycle. I think the bottom was Dec. 08 but this has so far been the quietest year on record and there have been a hell of a lot of quakes.

Maybe earthquakes prevent sunspots?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
We are also at the quietest point in the solar cycle. I think the bottom was Dec. 08 but this has so far been the quietest year on record and there have been a hell of a lot of quakes.

Maybe earthquakes prevent sunspots?

Maybe lack of sunspots increases earthquakes.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
After studying the different shots taken today, it is my opinion (please note I said opinion, not fact) that what we saw is not attributable to some sort of rotation artifact, but rather a real physical event of some sort. My reasoning is that if it were a rotational artifact it would be nearly equally present in all the images, including the latest few which are more normal looking, despite the fact the satellites are still rotating. Ergo, an event that increased over time and then subsided.

I could be wrong: if anyone can find similar images associated with previous rotations, I'll happily admit they were simply processing artifacts. But at the moment the evidence seems to point to a real solar event; just what sort, and what caused it, though, I really don't know yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
In theory if we have a mega quake here and it causes a flux in the gravitational field it can also cause Solar quakes witch will erupt out solar flares.

So you are trying to convince us of this:

I was being sarcastic, but apparently that's exactly what you were trying to imply.
I'm not reading anything into your post which you did not just write yourself.

Go ahead and provide us some links to some of this "science" which shows that powerful EQ's on Earth cause eruptions and CME's on our Sun.

I was mentioning what I had just read.
Read this for starters.

Physicist David W. Allan has set up a website to provide information on this new and radically different way to look at nature: www.allanstime.com. Using this new theory, Allan has shown from data collected over the last century that the gravitational fields and the orientation of the magnetic fields of the planets can be used to derive an estimate of the sunspot level and the magnetic field direction for the sun. Having developed these tools, predictions were made last year for the year 2000, and so far they have been quite accurate.

modeled sunspot
data over the last century

click here for enlargement sunspot data from 1983 through Aug. 1999, predicted forward through end of 2000

click here for enlargement

For example, we are now approaching the nearly exact alignment (within about two degrees) of Jupiter and Saturn with respect to the sun. This will occur on the 13th of June. According to Allan, "Last year the effects of these positions and magnetic fields of the planets on solar activity were evaluated using the new theory and it was predicted that June would be a time of significantly increased sun spot activity, especially for giant solar flares, which we are now seeing."

Solar activity is not the only phenomenon explained in this new unified field theory. Allan's web site lists many natural and man-made phenomena upon which greater light is shed through this new theory.

One of the most significant discoveries as part of this new theory is the explanation of gravity. It encompasses the existence of diallel, gravitational-field lines. Laboratory experiments have been conducted which show direct evidence of the existence of these diallel lines, radiating outwards in all directions from any mass-energy source in a radial pattern similar to the spines on a hedgehog or sea urchin. Like the electron shells of an atom, these diallel lines have quantum states and provide the conduit for photons, atomic particles, and gravitational energy, and much more. This new theory shows how all the force fields work together.

www.allanstime.com...

After a solar storm strikes the Earth a geomagnetic storm erupts. The increased magnetic field strength of the magnetosphere pushes down on the ionosphere, which pushes against the oceans. It is due to the electromagnetic properties of sea water that the oceans become temporarily heavier. The extra heaviness of the sea water, coupled with the daily tidal forces of the Sun and Moon cause greater than normal forces to press against both the eastern and western boundaries of the Pacific Plate, but more so the western boundary in the South Pacific Islands region.

Below are earthquake maps showing global earthquakes of magnitude 5 or greater for the five days following a geomagnetic storm. Notice the clear pattern of quakes in the South Pacific Islands region along with activity around the Pacific Rim. There is also a clear pattern of earthquake activity along the fault running from Greece to the Pacific Plate.

The five dates selected below were the first five dates I found for geomagnetic storms and were selected completely at random. There is a list of solar storms where you can choose a date and check the earthquake database yourself to verify this theory.

www.terracycles.com...

Seismic and sunspot activity

Seismic and sunspot activity are connected and tend to develop at the same rate. The two graphs for 1900 to 1950 (Figure 2) demonstrate this and show a similar smoothed curve for both activities.
These two graphs were originally produced by my high school students in 1964, and it was this school project that formed the beginnings of the book.

Comparisons over a period of one sunspot cycle of 10-11 years show the same trend.

The seismic graph has more variation because of changing planetary forces, and the seismic disturbance occurs when the rocks are under maximum pressure.

Ocean tides also add to this as they move to the west, and strike against the east coast of a land mass.

These differences show that there are more effects on the earth; hence the multiple peaks in the seismic graph.

New sunspot cycle

The graph (Figure 3) shows the decline of cycle number 23, and indicates that the new sunspot cycle, number 24, is about to start. Seismic and human disturbances are likely to increase as we progress towards sunspot maximum, which is expected to be in 2011 or 2012.

Planetary forces appear to dominate the sunspot cycles, but there is controversy as to whether the sun is a self contained nuclear furnace which operates on its own rhythms or whether there is a planetary effect.

My investigations showed that the shorter cycles of 11-22 years coincided with alignments of Jupiter and Saturn, and the longer cycles of 90-180 years matched alignments of Uranus and Neptune. All the planets appear to be involved, but the most noticeable effect is that the polarity of the sun and the sunspots change near the time when Jupiter and Saturn change their alignments, i.e. when they are both approximately in the same direction or are in opposite directions.

In my book I have shown that this alignment pattern relates to long and short cycles.

In an attempt to explain this in terms of physics I have suggested a type of solar generator where the planets are the magnets and the sun’s field lines are the armature. Although this is a simplistic model, the Jupiter/Saturn combination seems significant.

My book presents new details which could be used as an aid to foreseeing earthquakes and solar flares. It is set out in a simple manner so that secondary school students can use it in ongoing projects, as that is how my investigations began.

Planets and sunspots in northern latitudes

The hypothesis, discussed earlier, is that the changing alignments of Jupiter and Saturn determined the phases of the sunspot cycles, as with the sun and the moon in a lunar cycle. However, the longitudinal position of the planets is only one factor. We perhaps may also have to consider the changes in celestial latitude.

How planets trigger earthquakes

In ocean tides, the lunar and solar gravitational forces that cause ocean tides (Figure 4) have two effects. One is that it pulls the water outwards and creates a mound of water, which forms the high tide. The other is where the water is pulled sideways to create a low tide.

At this low tide position the gravitational force bypasses the main mass of the earth and easily moves the water. This same process affects the earth’s crust and helps to trigger a seismic disturbance when the tectonic plate is entering or leaving the external gravitational field.

planetinfluences.com...

Solar flares set the Sun quaking
Data from the ESA/NASA spacecraft SOHO shows clearly that powerful starquakes ripple around the Sun in the wake of mighty solar flares that explode above its surface. The observations give solar physicists new insight into a long-running solar mystery and may even provide a way of studying other stars.

A similar phenomenon is known on Earth in the aftermath of large earthquakes. For example, after the 2004 Sumatra-Andaman Earthquake, the whole Earth rang with seismic waves like a vibrating bell for several weeks.

The correlation is not the end of the story. Now the researchers have to work to understand the mechanism by which the flares cause the oscillations. “We are not completely sure how the solar flares excite the global oscillations,” says Karoff.

www.eurekalert.org...

It should be noted that gravitational waves causes earthquakes both on the Sun and Earth, End of story. Now do you understand?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
maybe this is that 26th anamoly webbot tzm or whatever

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
just like to point out that the difference in time between the 7/7 sunspot and todays blast = 111 days.

From and including: Tuesday, July 7, 2009
To, but not including : Monday, October 26, 2009
It is 111 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

www.timeanddate.com...

-

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Woooooooooh!! *twirls finger around in air*

That sort of stuff half raises one of my eyebrows when its found in man made things, terrorist attacks, .etc.

But I do not think that the Illuminati coaxed the sun into burping on some special date marked by a Kabballah ritual.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join