It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest gift we all possess!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Today we face conflicts and a magnitude of conspiracies, lies and theories of incomprehensible direness.
Whether it be our governments (NWO), the barrage of psychological attack, MSM factless censorship, the hidden truth and blatant lies. All in all it really doesn't matter for one day it will all be clear to us. Maybe not today nor tomorrow but someday, I dare say.

But I want to say thank you to you all, my fellow global members contributing in discussion; for and against on all the news and threads today. It is my personal thanks I wish to send out to you all. You have allowed me to awake and share a common interest, living in a time when all seems sad and lost.

I moved away this year from all my close family and friends and started a new life in hope of a better way of becoming free with happiness and my father sent me a poem to accompany me on my journey which lays ahead.

"The Road Not Taken"

Poem by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference

I write this thread to encourage you all to continue to question, to not fear the light or darkness but to embrace life with colour and zest. No one can take away your thoughts, you are alive to do just that to think for yourself and that is the greatest gift any of us have. I believe in my ability like I believe in everyone on this forum.

Kindest regards,
E.T

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What a fantastic poem - thanks for posting x

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I fell onto hard times and Robert Frost's poetry and life were a source of inspiration. Life -- as he put it -- goes on.

I find it an apt and important message, thank you for sharing it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thank you suziwong and Oscitate. I appreciate your comments.

Regards,
E.T

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes Robert Frost is truely a great poet, I really love that poem to. It's probaly one of his best. Good thread

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I memorized that poem in 7th grade.

I often say it to myself when I have major decisions to make that I know will change the course of my life.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thank you all for commenting. This thread was my way of saying thank you to ATS and for allowing me to choose the right path to walk down when entering the valley of truth.

Kindest regards,
E.T

[edit on 27-10-2009 by eclectic.thoughts]

top topics

join