It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I realized about waking people up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Me and my parents got in an argument, me not wanting my little brother and nephew eat McDonald's French fries, and it led to me saying a lot about whats going on, but this timed they kind of listened. i went on the lap top, went to a few websites, showed them some videos, and to say the least i think i scared the bajeebers out of them. I feel like >SNIP< , excuse the language, but i wish i could have taken what i told them back.

I know what they are afraid of, this beautiful illusion going to waste. Its sad and cruel. But i no what i have to do, show them the bright side. allow them to not follow, but realize what life is through personal experience. Not T.V.

I cant explain the sheer pain i have right now. This is in a way, a significant experience for me, for in the past few months ive gone into observation mode.

Any other similar experiences?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by gandhi]

Mod Edit: Please don't evade the automatic censors

[edit on 10/26/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have tried to get people at work to listen to coast to coast am and Alex Jones on numerous times. I have had people come up to me mid program and tell me..."you need to go to church"...."man your crazy if you believe this stuff"....."These people are loons"....."I'm not gonna listen to this junk"....then I have gotten people to stock up on food and buy guns too!

[edit on 10/25/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I wouldn't feel bad. I mean they have to know sometime and it is better that they start to realize the truth over time rather then be struck with harsh reality all at once. I feel when everything comes crashing down there are going to be a lot of people in shock and denial and then eventually mental breakdowns. It is better this way believe me.

At least your family listens. I try to wake my family up all the time and they completely blow me off as speaking rubbish. I could show them any and every piece of evidence in the world and they will still be lost in their fantasy.

I sometimes envy people who refuse to wake up. I remember when I was carefree and didn't have to worry about the world on a grand scale, when I could just live life in my own dream land day to day. Now it all seems like so much, it seems like a responsibility to do what I can and be prepared.

In the end though, you realize it was best. You will be ready, you will be prepared, and so will they if they decide to listen. It actually has helped me to appreciate the little things in life more than the material things: the beauty of a starry sky, the time spent with my nieces and nephews, and the fun moments that most of us take for granted.

Live as if every day is your last, because you never know how soon or how far away that day might be.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Basically every real interaction I have with my Mother boils down to this.

It's been on-going for years, because I used to really rant and rave about all this. I was younger, very red blooded, pure Irish guy who had enough.

I have had enough.

I am dropping hints and stories ALL DAY, EVERY DAY...People know that I am a walking billboard against tyranny of all types. It has gotten way out of hand.

Its tough because the idea of the TRUTH is hard to swallow. It scares most people, but a lot of people have known this or had this information passed down to them. More out in the country, or deep in the inner city. (That's odd but true) I have run across people who have come to grips with the truth a long time ago.

Most still do not know the MAGNITUDE of the situation.

It killed my mom when she finally got it, and it makes her angry when I giver her the latest news.

LONDON 7/7 Is what got her..................

The clips of the news anchor interviewing London Authorities and they admited they were running the VERY SAME type of drills that day.

It's a mind blowing clip that actually last 1-3 minutes.

That was when she came downstairs and I unleashed the real tough stuff I had been holding back.

I think she is "Awake" now.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

I know what they are afraid of, this beautiful illusion going to waste.

Mmm, careful there ... usually people who are what one might refer to as "realized" do not use terms like "illusion" and "waking up."

Such concepts are part of the same reality you seem to be condemning.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I know it's tough because you rely on them to protect you for the most part. And it upsets you that they just don't want to listen. Hopefully things in the mean time stay together so that one day you will be old enough to protect yourself. After years and years I finally got my mom to listen. But my dad has a meager ration of food and some junk guns that I wouldn't even shoot.

Sad thing is that what will happen is gonna happen in these times. At least try to get one of them to stock up on food.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I feel their fear. cant explain it, i put myself in their shoes pretty good.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

A way of communicating with others around here, i no what you mean.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
yea, its two years of re-conversion disaster for them until they learn to live with this, its better long term tho,

but many things can happen in those two years tho, pipal normally goes self-distructive way under this information

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here's some ideas that relate to this. I hope you find some of it comforting or useful or both.

1. GIVE THEM TIME. This is why it's important we are sensitive to the "sleeper". Calling them sheeple and saying they are dumb or that anyone who would get a flu virus deserves whatever they get is not helpful. We want to deny ignorance, not feel all high and mighty that we know better and treat them as lesser individuals.

2. Not ALL things, however true it may be , anre extremely important at this time. For instance, I use my brain and I see ways that NASA is obviously using imagry tricks in some of the data they send us, regardless if I belive in UFO's and stuff that extreme, i have seen VERY CLEAR evidence that at the very least they are not being totally honest with everything, but why hammer this home to my 60 year old mother? How will that impact her in a big way? It won't yet. There are more important things I can wake her up to in baby steps that are more important rigfht now (such as 9/11 not being the official story or swine flu vaccines.

3.Always remember the day before YOU woke up, try to relate to the man who believes that getting vaccines for his whole family is the right thing to do to protect them.

4.Respect the skeptics just as much as the belivers: They keep us in check, they deserve as much credit as a believer and they can help you understand the wall of dis-belief that has been built more clearly, also, they help us sift through the "rubbish" that will inevitably come up.

5.Don't be so hard on yourself, or let anything turn into an obsession. If you were to believe 90% of what you see here you would hide in a cave immeadiately, and have nightmares all the time. Remember to still enjoy the world and the people you share it with, and remember that not everything is a conspiracy.

6. (most important) BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING
I hope some of that helps you.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Take it day by day man. Be a good person, be good to others, be happy. Educate and awaken yourself, you have nothing to fear but fear itself!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

1stly Don't sweat it OK! HERE is Why!....

Teaching anybody anything requires you to DESTROY their current Kuhnian paradigm by utilizing the techniques of Popper to falsify their POV. This will make them go mad in both senses of the word i.e. insane and very angry!
Mainly because you will have bruised both their pathos [emotions] and their ethos [reputations] by showing them that they were both squeemish and stupid in utilizing an extremely weak and unstable logos[facts] structure, which you just tore to shreds!

Personal Dislcosure: Even if I totally understood everything, it wouldn't make me happy at all. WHY? Because understanding all the rules doesn't mean that they can be altered or cancelled! The bare minimum of Happiness IMO requires the ability to have ultimate power over with no restrictions or blowback! Knowing that life is suffering [Budda quote] does not make me happy!

P.S. Please see my Disclaimer elsewhere [check my threads!]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, but dont take it upon yourself- guilt.

One lesson, you have learned through this, is to be careful whom you tell. You can generally judge, by someones predisposed religious or political beliefs how someone will react if you even tell them the truth about 911 and that our country planned the attack to wage war in the middle east, as an example of what we know to be truth.

With Discretion, always with Discretion be careful. I opened my mouth to my little brother today (hes 24) about being careful as he lives in DC and then about the pole shifts and, I regret doing so. He simply believes what the mainstream believes because its easier to do so, than to realize the terrifying truth. Now, he will think I am a wack job "conspiracy theorist" when really WE know the TRUTH.

When it comes down to it- you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. Drop hints with people before full disclosure. Like the Matrix- sometimes you cant take back the Red Pill.

Infact I wish I lived in peaceful ignorant bliss most of the time. I am so freaking hopelessly unhopeful for any kind of future that it affects me on every level.

Sharing this knowledge is important, but learn discretion. Afterall, if you one day tell the wrong person, it could lead you to a prison camp. Our freedom is fading fast, and I for one am not going to risk telling the wrong person my opinions on the government. Trust No One.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Looking back, who would've thought that I would take after my father to a certain degree... Considering our rocky relationship...

My father was a conspiracy theorist to the fullest degree of the definition. He sought for truth. He sought for answers.

As children, certain foods were banned from the household. Any food that contained "high fructose corn syrup" were banned from our household. My father said that high fructose corn syrup was a mind control drug. We were taught to read the food labels and to find alternative foods if our father wasn't around to okay our selections. Bringing Dr. Pepper into the house was the equivalent of getting busted with marijuana in normal families.

We did not eat fast food or eat at fancy restaurants unless it was an extremely special occasion. Then he made an exception, since many of our closest relatives didn't even know our beliefs. We kept it a secret so that the "government wouldn't find out about us" (but I think the real reason was that Dad didn't want people to think we were crazy).

Healthy foods such as potatoes were dried and stored for emergency. My father taught me how to fish, hunt and survive off the land. I remember the first time he taught me how to shoot a gun. "Here son, take my rifle. Aim it at that target over there. You'll need to know how to use this one day".

TV time was usually reserved for my father. He spent many hours watching a JFK video of his assassination. The "magic bullet". "Back... And forth... Back... And forth". Because my father was convinced that it was a cover up.

My father hated the school system and wasn't even comfortable sending his own daughter to high school, but as he put it, she was already "brainwashed". After my third day of sixth grade my father gave me a choice. "Son, I'm about to give you an important choice and I'm not going to lie to you. You can go to school like your sister and you will be brainwashed and force fed lies, but you will make many friends but I'd really like to home school you" and so, I was home schooled. After one year of living with my father and being "awakened" - I decided to return home to my mother.

Years later, my father was labeled many things when his own mother (my grandmother) called the police and told them that he had gone crazy. In her defense, that night he did. He was convinced that my grandmother was part of a conspiracy to capture him and he allegedly "attacked" her (I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened). Ironically, that night she turned him in and told the police everything. The emergency food, the conspiracy theories, the JFK videos... He was ordered to seek counseling and that's when they told him that he had a rare form of schizophrenia and was ordered to take medication. In a way, the conspiracy's drove him crazy, I guess.

I would say that's when I became awake, because years later here I am on the worlds largest conspiracy forums. The difference though is that I am more of a skeptic then he was. I try to find proof of something before assuming that's what's happening.

Breaking it to my mother hasn't been easy, because I have to avoid making her worry that I am anything like my father. But every once in awhile, I am able to talk to her about things I have found. She knows somethings not right, but I think she's very skeptical and wants to know exactly what is going on before she starts raising her fists in anger. Maybe that's where I get the skeptical-ness from.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have learned it is all about spiritual maturity.

You don't get pissed off when a four year-old can't tie their shoes, because they aren't mature enough to do so. We don't look down on them, we don't get frustrated by their inability, we understand that they are at a different place and will get there eventually.

So it is with waking up to the truth. Some people need to be told what to do, how to think, and they need their reality to be neat and orderly. They cling to organized religion. They respect authority. They conform and they expect others to conform as well. They lack the spiritual maturity to see the truth and to think for themselves. It doesn't mean they are stupid. They are at a different place.

Most of the time, it is a matter of fear. The more fear controls your life, the less spiritually evolved you are. Being different is something to fear. Most people operate from a position of fear, all decisions are based on this fear, and it consumes them. Some people cannot even examine the fear. I've noticed people who are more spiritually evolved tend to be less identified with the physical realm and are somewhat self-isolating.

I no longer try to wake up my family or my friends as it is a waste of time and strains our relationship. They have their path and I have mine. There is a universal law of allowance which means we need to allow people to do even totally stupid crap. I have accepted that this is where they are at, and even if there was some great emergency, it is likely they still wouldn't listen to me. So any plans I make are with that in mind. I am not responsible for them.

We have all chosen the life we have and the lessons we will learn along the way.

Your best hope isto simply ask questions that will get them thinking.

I have a friend who is heavily immersed in a fundamental religion and in six months, they have stopped going to church. When they rant about the government or politics, I ask questions, like, "Who do you think really has the political power?" Or, "Why do you think we have so many priesthoods in society that prevent us from obtaining the knowledge we seek?"

At first, the answers were what you would expect from someone asleep, but now they are more thoughtful. You can't TELL someone the answers, they have to arrive at this knowledge on their own. Get them thinking.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This thread reveals the cult-like tendencies of certain members and beliefs.

It's analogous to "finding the truth" and trying to spread it to others... so that they can "see the truth" that you feel you do.

It's like you guys have your own pseudo-religion.

If you even thought "except THIS is real! The others are fake." then... uh.. yeah, keep spreading that good word.

new topics

top topics

join