It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world are these objects zipping around in the SOHO EIT photos??! ...need an expert!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
well i was browsing the www.iceagenow.com... website, and i was checking out the daily sun pictures as usual, and i noticed something that i never really bothered to look into before...

what are these in the SOHO EIT pictures?!!

here's SOHO EIT 284's most recent:
umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

what's zipping around all over, causing those dashes?
it reminds me of insects flying in front of a camera in a photograph, and it's teeming with them in practically every single frame! see for yourself - just type in the dates you wanna see, and wait for them to load...
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

i figure they could be meteorites or something, but i'm not too knowledgeable of the SOHO EIT platform and how it captures images...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

well, i downloaded some videos and analyzed them frame by frame, and i came up with these odd anomalies...
(top right) sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

(the same object in the top right in both of these?) sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
(WHAT IS IT?!! ...the space shuttle??
)

(large streak) sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

i understand all the streaks/dashes could very well be meteors/meteorites, but what else could they be??

...when you go frame by frame in the "SOHO Movie Theater", all of the action kind of reminds me of the STS-75 Tether Incident

SOHO moves around the Sun in step with the Earth, by slowly orbiting around the First Lagrangian Point (L1), where the combined gravity of the Earth and Sun keep SOHO in an orbit locked to the Earth-Sun line. The L1 point is approximately 1.5 million kilometers away from Earth (about four times the distance of the Moon), in the direction of the Sun. There, SOHO enjoys an uninterrupted view of our daylight star. All previous solar observatories have orbited the Earth, from where their observations were periodically interrupted as our planet `eclipsed' the Sun.

i'd like any and all to share their ideas on what these could be, and i especially welcome those that are more knowledgeable about this subject to jump in and set me straight!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can't seem to locate the photo your are talking about.

Your link brings you to the main page...

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
here's SOHO EIT 284's most recent:
umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

well here's the first image i posted, and the others are between the stars (***)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My bad, no coffee today lol.

So those kind of look like image artifacts to me, especially the last one which you cleverly stated it was the space shuttle

It just looks like it's a cut in the image, much like a cut and paste would look, but I am no expert.

Maybe a meteorite as well though.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

it's only a matter of time before someone shouts "NIBIRU!!!" or "PLANET X!!"

it sure would be nice if someone like zorgon, internos, or phage would chime into the conversation...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why did they black out an area in the picture?

It could be an obvious picture of an alien spacecraft, maybe one of the bad guy's ship exploding (I hope) and the first line image censors blacked it out.

I don't know... How come it's blacked out?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Plasma critters! HA! I said it first!

Seriously though, I have no idea, but they do look similar to what someone posted in another thread earlier today. I think it was titled "UFO over Hawaii" or something to that effect.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The sensors on SOHO are subject to a lot of different things, not all visual.

The streaks are the result of cosmic rays striking the sensor.

Cosmic rays are very high energy particles which come from a variety of sources (e.g. solar flares, supernovae). They are of interest to lots of astronomers, but mostly just noise for us. We see lots of them in every image and occasionally, 3 or 4 of them hit the CCD in just the right places in consecutive images to fool us into believing there is a real object there. The cosmic rays can show up as points or as streaks.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

top topics

join