It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C5 and 2 C-130s landed at Moffett Field yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not sure this is big news to anyone but since the base is officially closed for military use, I found it a little strange these planes landed there.

The C-130 type had props, not sure if they're C-130s, C-131s, etc but the basic type with the sub-chaser stuff on the back.

Moffett Field is in Mountain View, CA, south of San Francisco. I pass it everyday and usually it is just home for a local advertising/tourist blimp. NASA Ames is also there but no official military any longer from what I hear.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yup, i live in stockton, cal. and i've been by there many many times...that is odd...maybe with lockheed-martin right down the block, it has to do with them.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Moffett Federal Airfield (IATA: NUQ, ICAO: KNUQ), also known as Moffett Field, is a joint civil-military airport located 3 miles (5 km) north of downtown Mountain View, in Sunnyvale, California, USA. The airport is near the south end of San Francisco Bay, north of San Jose. Formerly a United States Navy facility, the former naval air station is now owned and operated by the NASA Ames Research Center. Tenant military activities include the 129th Rescue Wing of the California Air National Guard, operating the HC-130 Hercules, MC-130 Combat Shadow and HH-60 Pave Hawk aircraft, as well as the adjacent Onizuka Air Force Station and Headquarters for the 7th Psychological Operations Group of the U.S. Army Reserve. NASA also operates several aircraft from Moffett.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org...
Does this help?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

The iAware program tells us to be vigilant and report suspicious activity.

I think you have done your duty as an aware citizen.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks! It could definitely be related. I hadn't heard about that and would likely have run into it! Thanks for the heads-up.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
nah nothing so dramatic.

The 129th Air Rescue Squadron is co-located there. That would easily explain the C-130's which fly practice missions all the time.

The C-5 is most likely there for Lockheed Space Systems and is moving an Trident ICBM or something. I posted a thread a few years ago about an AN-124 there that was contracted to do the same thing.

edit to add:

The C-130 type had props, not sure if they're C-130s, C-131s, etc but the basic type with the sub-chaser stuff on the back.

The sub chaers you refer to are the P-3 Orions and the tail boom contained its MAD gear. But they have not been based at Moffet since it went Federal

[edit on 10/24/09 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

I question the validity of the entire OP. I am an ex-P3 Orion aviator, and if you cannot tell the difference between that and a bulky cargo carrier like a C-130, then do you really know what a C5 looks like?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Could be part of this? Heavily armed law enforcement teams will scatter across the Bay Area this weekend

Well considering the airbase in question actually home to several NASA aircraft and C-130's are present...then I think I will be believing the more logical answer

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by notreallyalive

I question the validity of the entire OP. I am an ex-P3 Orion aviator, and if you cannot tell the difference between that and a bulky cargo carrier like a C-130, then do you really know what a C5 looks like?

As A air traffic controller.. yes the OP needs to get a aircraft ID guide before he posts such things IF he cant tell between a P3 & C130

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
To the OP, I too saw a craft land there the same day! I couldn't post earlier (my work doesn't allow it). I was on 237 going east at about 3pm. I was able to snap two pictures. I never usually see millitary craft there either. I know very little about craft names, types, etc. So it may be nothing. Could somebody kindly explain how to post my pictures? I rarely post and have never done it before.. Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I drive by moffet field daily. I also noticed a unusual amount if large transport aircraft on the Tarmac. Then the next day I saw approximately 50 or so unmarked 55 foot (plain white) semi trailers all on the Tarmac.
I can only deduct that's lots of something is being transported in.

new topics

top topics

join