It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firing up the Newest Tasers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Firing up the Newest Tasers

news.cnet.com

...we did get to see the Shockwave, a big Taser device that can incapacitate five or six people at a time, which company representatives told us is designed for crowd-control situations and can be triggered remotely via a 100-foot firing wire.

There are also two recently released handheld Tasers: the X3, which unlike its single-shot predecessors can fire off a total of three shots at once; and the XREP, a Taser projectile that's fired out of a modified 12-gauge shotgun...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So we've got a taser that can be fired 100 feet away from the villains (-people in a crowd)? Can anyone imagine what would happen if this hit someone in the eye - or any other vulnerable spot?

The article wants to put your mind at rest by stating the weapon in question will only be made available to the police, the military & animal-control professionals. Does anyone else suspect the borders between these three are becoming blurred?

In any case, I thought electrocution of the citizenry was the stuff of evil dictators, à la Saddam Hussein...

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
In any case, I thought electrocution of the citizenry was the stuff of evil dictators, à la Saddam Hussein...

I would consider tazing (aka electrcuting) somebody for some non-violent action, like "not obeying an officers orders", cruel and unusual punishment, which, according to the 8th Amendment, the State and Federal governments can't even impose as punishment AFTER convicting somebody of a stateor federal crime!

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Such punishment as would amount to torture or barbarity, any cruel and degrading punishment not known to the Common Law, or any fine, penalty, confinement, or treatment that is so disproportionate to the offense as to shock the moral sense of the community.

The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits the federal government from imposing cruel and unusual punishment for federal crimes. The amendment states, "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishment inflicted." The due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution bars the states from inflicting such punishment for state crimes, and most state constitutions also prohibit the infliction of cruel and unusual punishment.

So, judges can't even impose any punishment that is "cruel or unusual", yet some law enforcement agencies use tazers as punishment all the time for VERY minor infractions.

Now, I feel that if an officer is dealing with a physically violent person and threatens the officer or anybody else with physical harm, that tazing wouldn't be "cruel and unusual punishment.

But when people are being tazed for not answering or obeying an officer, that would be "cruel and unusual punishment" in my book, to me' that would be "treatment that is so disproportionate to the offense as to shock the moral sense of the community",

[edit on 10/24/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow I am such a dreamer. I read the thread title and for some reason I thought maybe they were designing a safer taser.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've seen a "Taser Array" in police equipment catalogs that's like a big Claymore that can fire 30 tasers at once into a crowd.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Somebody needs to make some sort of taser proof clothing that doesn't conduct the charge we can call it anti riot gear. So now they have tear gas to disperse crowds, debilitating PA systems and stronger tasers. What's next? They can cut off our air, our communication and our physical mobility. So now you have to battle the manipulations of air, sound and electricity to be heard.WTF. Are there any lawmakers trying to make laws against the abusive technologies and techniques being used against people that want the world to be a nice place to live. Something needs to be done. This isn't the kind of world we should be living in.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

I agree , when is it gonna stop. And the claymore type that hits crowds....yikes. And I thought this one that shoots 3 at a time was too much.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16476b3d8f65.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Watch, soon the paramilitaries will just flood the ground where crowds gather and throw a live power cable into the water...

Or maybe a watergun that uses the water to conduct electricity into their victims.

*War has been declared on us. And unlike in the movies, reality doesn't have it's own theme music to let you know - so we are forced to rely on facts; like the fact that the paramilitaries kill and torture us at will.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

You said it. You've actually taken the issue to a whole new level.

I wonder whether there is someone with a legal background who could comment?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

People do not care one bit, and i wouldn't be too sure that such techs cannot be used through walls etc...

Imagine your neighbours using techs on you, for no reason other than they are scum.

top topics

join